Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-07-10   #31
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Re: Calling All Nokia Fanbois! Or Regular Users Who Swear by Their Nokia Cell Phones!

Lol. I rarely play games on my phone. Mostly music, calls, and trolling.
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-10   #32
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great
Re: Calling All Nokia Fanbois! Or Regular Users Who Swear by Their Nokia Cell Phones!

snake on 3310 was the shyt! Don't know how many hours we spent in 10th grade playing that game on my friend's 3310.
Old 16-07-10   #33
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
snake on 3310 was the shyt! Don't know how many hours we spent in 10th grade playing that game on my friend's 3310.
Yup awesome. And the original Bounce....

The new versions of both are full of shit.
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-10   #34
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Re:Calling All Nokia Fanbois! Or Regular Users Who Swear by Their Nokia Cell Phones!

@JD
S40 (not Symbian) phones as such are not very versatile. But you can get around the worthless security crap by installing hacked certificates or using a cfw. For my S40 nokia 6233, I had installed two hacked certificates, one of them being the popular Halmer certificate. You'll then need to sign your apps using your pc and can them install them.

Older S60 phones before FP3 didn't have any security problems but later ones came with a very restrictive security system preventing you from installing homebrew apps. These ones include the S60v3 and S60v5.
I haven't purchased a S60v3 phone but the flourishing Symbian homebrew community has made it a piece of cake to hack a Symbian phone. Yes! contrary to the perception of most people here who think it beneath them to ever buy anything without Android or a glossy fruit, there are a lot of people with quite a brain but empty wallets who go Symbian.

Dailymobile.se has one of those great communities.

Afaik, there is no Nokia smartphone which can't be hacked.
Current gen phones require the installation of a signed rompatcher app (you'll have to sign it using a 17 capabilities cerificate which you can get for ur imei from opda.cn) or flash a hacked cfw.
The former is so easy, that you can do it on your phone itself using a gprs connection (I did, cause I don't have a rig currently)
One of the first things i'll do when I get my computer up and running is to design a custom firmware.
I'll post more on this then.
True symbian may not be as polished as Android or as embellished as iOS, but there is literally nothing that you can't do on a Symbian phone which you can do on its "leet" or "cool" brethren.
Of course the only thing different is the target audience and consequent hardware compromises to cater to the inexpensive smartphone market like the resistive screen, anemic ram and lower clocked arm processor.
But with the given hardware, you are not restricted with any functionality whatsoever. You can have satnav, 3g, wifi, great multimedia playback, multitasking, copy paste, ebooks and document editing, call management on a budget phone. Most of these have been native and are quite refined on Symbian and yet have taken the competition several generations and the consumer an arm and a leg and a kidney to get on the cool platforms.
Nokias smartphones may not be the Porsche of the mobile industry, but they are most definitely a Honda City or Maruti Swift, which suffices for average users like me.

Last edited by Free Radical; 16-07-10 at 08:49 PM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-10   #35
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
@JD
S40 phones as such are not very versatile. But you can get around the worthless security crap by installing hacked certificates or using a cfw. For my S40 nokia 6233, I had installed two hacked certificates, one of them being the popular Halmer certificate. You'll then need to sign your apps using your pc and can them install them.

Older S60 phones before FP3 didn't have any security problems but later ones came with a very restrictive security system preventing you from installing homebrew apps. These ones include the S60v3 and S60v5.
I haven't purchased a S60v3 phone but the flourishing Symbian homebrew community has made it a piece of cake to hack a Symbian phone. Yes! contrary to the perception of most people here who think it beneath them to ever buy anything without Android or a glossy fruit, there are a lot of people with quite a brain but empty wallets who go Symbian.

Dailymobile.se has one of those great communities.

Afaik, there is no Nokia smartphone which can't be hacked.
Current gen phones require the installation of a signed rompatcher app (you'll have to sign it using a 17 capabilities cerificate which you can get ur imei from opda.cn) or flash a hacked cfw.
The former is so easy, that you can do it on your phone itself using a gprs connection (I did, cause I don't have a rig currently)
One of the first things i'll do when I get my computer up and running is to design a custom firmware.
I'll post more on this then.
True symbian may not be as polished as Android or as embellished as iOS, but there is literally nothing that you can't do on a Symbian phone which you can do on its "leet" or "cool" brethren.
Of course the only thing different is the target audience and consequent hardware compromises to cater to the inexpensive smartphone market like the resistive screen, anemic ram and lower clocked arm processor.
But with the given hardware, you are not restricted with any functionality whatsoever. You can have satnav, 3g, wifi, great multimedia playback, multitasking, copy paste, ebooks and document editing, call management on a budget phone. Most of these have been native and are quite refined on Symbian and yet have taken the competition several generations and the consumer and arm and a leg and a kidney to get on the cool platforms.
Nokias smartphones may not be the Porsche of the mobile industry, but they are most definitely a Honda City or Maruti Swift, which suffices for average users like me.
Good sir, I am now going to rep you till I bleed.

EDIT: I can't rep you more than once.
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-10   #36
teh geeK!
[E]onian
gone.

Rohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly Admirable

Maemo is win for me..i've not used such a great Os ever... i respect iphone OS because of its simplicity but thats it... But Maemo (N900) .. replaces my netbook..and even plays .mkv formats ...( which sometimes hangs on my netbook ) ..just a comparison..as to how great the N900 is..RAWR!
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-10   #37
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ That ws the phone I was so excited about, I think Nokia should use Maemo in its phones and not MeeGo as they plan to do.
It ( the N900 ) is a computer just as we discussed.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-10   #38
teh geeK!
[E]onian
gone.

Rohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly AdmirableRohan is highly Admirable

^.^ Yup..it is.. its not like just another Nokia phone..or for that matter..any other phone... its more like a Linux tablet with phone capabilities.. ( though small screen..but an awesome one) ... and i seriously think Nokia should polish maemo before going for meego...but Maemo is done and dusted...Meego is coming and will be supported, if not by nokia, but by the Meego Community itself on the Nokia N900..so YAY more win... i can have Duals boots..or 3-4 OS'es on my phone. isnt that a win? ... I can play all the android games ..while i can have the goodness of maemo also..
Old 17-07-10   #39
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

@aumkar - the phone was bought more for its looks, and large keypad, than features, because it aint gonna be used too much.

@FR- Thanks for the info, i might hit u up once i get some time to hook up my phone for this feature.

@all - its a fanboi thread, not flamebait thread!
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-10   #40
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Nokia 1100 ftw
Old 17-07-10   #41
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

^^ the 1110 had a great keypad for texting. I still have one lying around for that!
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-10   #42
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Re:Calling All Nokia Fanbois! Or Regular Users Who Swear by Their Nokia Cell Phones!

I feel the qwerty touchscreen keypad in landscape mode on the 3.2" phones like my 5230 is by far the fastest and most effortless method of text entry, this after having used the 1110 and a qwerty phone too (i dislike the small buttons on qwerty phones). However, I'd prefer the n-gage qds largish buttons and dpad to even the 1110/3310. I loved my qd, apparently so much that it died of overuse and abuse a couple of years after I bought it.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-10   #43
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

Yeah I love the full screen landscape keyboard layout on touchscreens. I rarely use my hardware keyboard because of this.

Old 17-07-10   #44
teh geeK!
[E]onian
gone.

Then you haven't used N900 Hardware keyboard..i swear ...its better than any keyboard..touchscreen or Hardware i've used on a mobile yet.
Old 17-07-10   #45
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

Lol. I use a multitouch supported keyboard that works brilliantly for my needs. The reason I prefer that keyboard is because I'm too lazy to apply pressure to depress the key in the hardware keyboard..
Post New Thread  Reply