Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Events and Meets
Register Forgot Password?

Old 28-11-11   #1
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery
BYOC Winter 2012 is Here!!!!!!!!

Location - Ambience Mall, Gurgaon

Timing - 6th-8th January (Fri-Sun)

Link: BYOC 2012 Winter

Roll Call so far:
-@MOZ (All 3 days)
-@Godlike! (All 3 days)

The plan:
Be there as long as possible and have a blast!
Lots and lots of leeching!
Plentiful of gaming and if we all bring our rigs/laptops we can have a great time!

RSVP guys: @IshanSaluja, @ManISinJpr, @SumitB, @dexterboygenius, @kauffmann, @ViKiD, @WolVerInE, @superm4n, @Stuge, @rpm19050, @harryneopotter, @Luciffer, @thebanik, @Duffman, @mavihs, @killthedope@, Godlike!, @desitechi, @SidK!!, @JD666, @coolcatric

All other Delhi guys, mark your attendance for which days available!

Let's take over this year's BYOC with an overhaul of Eonians there this time! Let's take over this event! Muhahahaha!
JD666, Godlike! and d6bmg like this.
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed
Re: BYOC Winter 2012 is Here!!!!!!!!

If college is closed, I'll be there till the end. If not, I'll definitely try and drop by.

Edit: College is six days a week. (Yeah, I know). If not Friday, and Saturday, I might be able to come on Sunday. No promises.

Last edited by IshanSaluja; 28-11-11 at 09:59 PM.
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11   #3
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

Friday Saturday Sunday.
Old 28-11-11   #4
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

So what exactly do they mean by LAN Party seat? If I want to bring in my own PC and game, I have to buy a LAN Party seat? Why have they hiked the entry fees and made it so ****ing cumbersome?
Old 28-11-11   #5
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
So what exactly do they mean by LAN Party seat? If I want to bring in my own PC and game, I have to buy a LAN Party seat? Why have they hiked the entry fees and made it so ****ing cumbersome?
cause' it's a business. They saw people were willing to pay good money, so they hiked the fees up. Although, if you aren't participating, I'm sure it's fine to bring a laptop. I will.
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian

SumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply Great

Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
Why have they hiked the entry fees and made it so ****ing cumbersome?
They want to keep it "elite". Hike prices to ensure that the crowd is decent? Also, this ensures that they have more money than last time.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11   #7
Heligoland
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Hibernating.

SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed

I'm not coming.Last time was bullsh1t,we did not get to sit even after paying.And they hiked the rates again...I'll bet anything it'll be another sh1tty byoc.
mavihs likes this.

I was commenting on the absurdity of the assumption that Mario>Freeman

To qualify my statement - Mario is an Italian immigrant plumber who spends his life chasing a dame who refuses to let him bang her.

Freeman is a physicist who saves the world (multiple times) with a crowbar. And he manages to get Alyx Vance to fall in love with him without needing mushrooms, stars or jumping on enemies.
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11   #8
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Nope, boycotting BYOC
Old 28-11-11   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
....but then i got hiiight ...

superm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famedsuperm4n is highly Famed

well, since its next to beer island .. im in

super-rig : intel i5 2500k, msi H67MA-E35, sapphire 5850, corsair hx650, roccat kova +roccat taito MTW edition, razer blackwidow, cm690[mod in progress ] , corsair H70 , samsung 2033sw+
audio : altec lansing vs4121 , soundmagic pl-30, meelectronics m6, ultrasones HFI- 780, asus xonar dx
mobile : galaxy nexus + AOKP + franko's kernel = awsomeness
superm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11   #10
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Boy i wish i could join you guys

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11   #11
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

I know how it is crap, but honestly it is a monopoly, we have no other event of this scale, and the atmosphere is pretty decent. I guess guys going on first day can give others an update as to the situation, just keep your days free.
Old 28-11-11   #12
Banned
Mod's fill this.. ROFL ! hahah

Animator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly Admirable

WTH !
From 250 & 500 bucks to 500 & 1000rs this time ?

BYOC is so damn collecting from gamers.
2. A Bike is to never be compared with Car.
3. Old members are superior no matter how much knowledge you hold.
4. Try to keep the troll-suckers happy else they will make you quit the thread. (unless they won't be sleeping for nights.)
5. Modding and assembling a Pc are 2 completely different things.
6. Money is nothing, Its worthy when you have friends and a Life.
7. Honey Singh doesn't mean vulgar in all songs.
8. No Matter how much you love English Sawngs, some Hindi Sawng are always above them in your heart.

You read it because I wasted my 5 minute, Now Thank me.
Animator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11   #13
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

Jan? Why the hell is it in Jan!! Right after my winter break gets over! Gawd!
And why the f**k are they charging m0ney for lan seat! AFAIK they didnt charge a penny during last year's summer event. LAN and Tourney are different. They could have charge only for tourney and not LAN. This is NO fun!
XtremeGaming getting more sh1tty by the day!
*RANTS AND BERSHERKS!*
BTW, they should not be allowed to hold WCG India ever again. Epic fail organizer! Now everyone knows how crappy XtremeGaming has become.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Originally Posted by XtremeGaming
BYOC has the right to remove parts of the prizes for a tournament if it is to few participants in the tournament.
lolwut? They can put the value of "few" to any number.
This is what happens when "for promoting gaming" becomes "For Money/Business" for the organizers. This aint 'promoting'.
*rants even more!*
Old 28-11-11   #14
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

Last year they charged 250 for lan seat. And you require lan seat if you want to be there between 10pm-10am. Otherwise audience is free.
Old 28-11-11   #15
Heligoland
Hibernating.

SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed

I suggest no one attends this stupid event.They are milking gamers making huge sums of money and giving crappy facilities.

I remember the BYOC in the initial days for 200 bux we got a seat and free red bull and lot of space.Last time it was massively a failure, half the people were standing.

The organizers had a fight with the CS teams and the prizes were bullsh1t, they were cheating the gamers.They announced 1lakh prize and what they ended up giving PS3's and stuff instead of the money.OH and according to them a PS3 costs 30K(MRP),so instead of 1lakh they gave stuff worth 40k - 50k.

Xtreme gaming sucks,dont attend this!
mavihs likes this.
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply