Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Events and Meets
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-12-11   #61
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery
Re: BYOC Winter 2012 is Here!!!!!!!!

I'm in obviously!

BTW any other staff members not from Delhi also coming?

What setup for the demo?
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-11   #62
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

err...set up? System set up for the event? Wont XtremeGaming guys be doing that? ~.~
Also, there wont be much to do...since participants will bring their own computers for the event. Not that im trying to 'escape' from the 'work'.
What else is there in store? I can help in lifting stuffts. XD best i can do.
Old 26-12-11   #63
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by K417D View Post
err...set up? System set up for the event? Wont XtremeGaming guys be doing that? ~.~
Also, there wont be much to do...since participants will bring their own computers for the event. Not that im trying to 'escape' from the 'work'.
What else is there in store? I can help in lifting stuffts. XD best i can do.
Sadly no, either it will be sponsored by companies or mine.....Ofcourse your personal computers would be yours to bring.......I am talking about overclocking demo setup........

@MOZ, I am thinking of Intel X79 setup, , or AMD Bulldozer,
JD666 likes this.
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-11   #64
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

Do you have the RAM sticks you will be using? If yes, I am sure you have already though of this, but I would still say this, check with which platform they are are better suited, and give better result, we'll take that one.

Or if you can get your hands on a SB-E, that for sure, just to get the guys there excited.
Old 26-12-11   #65
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
Do you have the RAM sticks you will be using? If yes, I am sure you have already though of this, but I would still say this, check with which platform they are are better suited, and give better result, we'll take that one.

Or if you can get your hands on a SB-E, that for sure, just to get the guys there excited.
With the right sticks almost all Ram Sticks are compatible with all the platforms (only problem being, they might not work at their maximum efficient timings/frequency)
Old 26-12-11   #66
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

I meant maximum efficiency only, and you know that too
Old 26-12-11   #67
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
I meant maximum efficiency only, and you know that too
who cares about efficiency in BYOC, ......Only smoke is what counts,
djlaksh and Dave like this.
Old 26-12-11   #68
Banned

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
who cares about efficiency in byoc, ......only smoke is what counts,
epic!! Rofl!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-11   #69
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
who cares about efficiency in BYOC, ......Only smoke is what counts,
True. For the gamers, just make it exciting and dramatic, they'd enjoy more if you put something on fire rather than high scores
Old 26-12-11   #70
Banned

^Burn 'em!
btw, i just checked the official site and noticed that to register online for 500 bucks we need to deposit the money, fill up the form and send it before the start of the event.
Lets say @thebanik can get us free passes, how will he get them? O.o
And how many are we anyway? Whos confirmed for going?
Lets say 5 of us excluding banik wants to go ie, 5x 500bucks (minimum)=2500. You sure XtremeGaming people will want to give us free passes worth 2500rs.?
To be honest, i would like to get a free pass for the event. But just worried that all of us from here might not get them. And worse, we hafta pay up 1k each on the spot since we wont be registering online and depositing the money before hand.
So it'll be nice if these things are confirmed to prevent any hassle (if any) later on.

PS: I dont feel like touching around expensive stuffs (x79 setup. Gulp!) :O I tend to get really nervous followed by clumsiness. Sorry.
Old 31-12-11   #71
Banned

@ALL,
@IshanSaluja, @ManISinJpr, @SumitB, @DeXterboygenius, @kauffmann, @ViKiD , @MaxAxe, @WolVerInE, @superm4n, @Stuge, @baba doga, @harryneopotter, @Luciffer, @thebanik, @Duffman, @mavihs, @killthedope, @Godlike!, @desitechi, @SidK!!, @JD666, @coolcatric
Any of you guys know how to repair laptop (hardware)?
If yes, and if you'll attend the byoc event then i'll bring my old laptop for repair.
If no then i'll hafta give it to a local repair shop in Nehru Place which i dont really want to do. I dont want to risk getting the parts messed up.
Or if you know any RELIABLE repair centre in NP then that'll always be great.
Thanks in advance.
Old 31-12-11   #72
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

won't be coming but hnp knows some reliable lapop repair shop in np.
what seems to be wrong with the laptop?
Old 31-12-11   #73
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

Originally Posted by K417D View Post
@ALL,
@IshanSaluja, @ManISinJpr, @SumitB, @DeXterboygenius, @kauffmann, @ViKiD , @MaxAxe, @WolVerInE, @superm4n, @Stuge, @baba doga, @harryneopotter, @Luciffer, @thebanik, @Duffman, @mavihs, @killthedope, @Godlike!, @desitechi, @SidK!!, @JD666, @coolcatric
Any of you guys know how to repair laptop (hardware)?
If yes, and if you'll attend the byoc event then i'll bring my old laptop for repair.
If no then i'll hafta give it to a local repair shop in Nehru Place which i dont really want to do. I dont want to risk getting the parts messed up.
Or if you know any RELIABLE repair centre in NP then that'll always be great.
Thanks in advance.
Take it to NP... go to SMC or HNP ... ask for help ... they will help ... the laptop will get fixed in time for the BYOC
desitechi likes this.

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-11   #74
Banned

Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
won't be coming but hnp knows some reliable lapop repair shop in np.
what seems to be wrong with the laptop?
Screen flickering. And its overheating, too hot that you'll not want to touch the keys and then system slows down considerably, which i think is due to the cpu paste getting dried up+dust inside+has never been cleaned since bought ages back!
Add to that a bit of software problems mainly new hardware driver install window popping up at every start up and opening up again and again even after closing it.

One impt. thing: since its not my personal laptop i have to fix the software part without new os/format.
Old 31-12-11   #75
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Ai ai ai. I'd rather not spend 500 on this. Must have new lens. @thebanik I'm willing to arrive early and help out, as long as you can get me in for free. Otherwise, no.
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply