Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Sports and Fitness
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17-01-15   #16
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!
 
 
ManISinJpr's Avatar

Re: Buying Olympic Barbell


Buy one for me too !!!
I will get it collected or shipped, the cost I will bear
Originally Posted by laliz View Post
Thanks . Effetively i have 2 bars now as i know my friend wount even remove his bar from the packing
__________________






ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-15   #17
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
laliz is Mysterious
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

Today decathlon Mohali contacted me on Facebook and claims they have those bars available for 1k each. i counted some eight bars in thir stockpile.

quite confusing this whole operation is, as i when physically yesterday and the guy checked in his system and mentioned price as 7K but the guy in fb message confirmed it as 1K now.

if anyone is looking to buy them please check at decathlon Noida too, will save you some shipping

here are some addresses
Decathlon Mohali
Address: The North Country Mall, NH-21, Sector-117, Mohali Kharar Road, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab 140307
Phone:098889 89624
(In stock -Eight Barbell, please re-confirm price)

Decathlon Noida
Address: Entertainment City, Sector 38, Next to The Great India Place (GIP), mall, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
Phone:096438 18135
(Dont know their stock)

Decathlon Zirakpur
Address: Chandigarh-Ambala Road, NH - 22, Singh Pura, Zirakhpur Municipal Council, Zirakpur, Punjab 140603
Phone:085588 57227
(In stock -One Barbell)

the bar is excellent, go and buy it without any though whatsoever.

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Buy one for me too !!! <br />
I will get it collected or shipped, the cost I will bear <img src="http://www.erodov.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title
Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post

Nelco Sports
laliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-15   #18
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic
 
 
Rockfella's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon/NCR.
Posts: 8,635
Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

Lol as per some reviews their bars are thicker than normal. Most of the plates don't fit on it Maybe that it why it is heavily discounted!
Checked Noida, they don't have it in stock
EDIT: I was wrong.
__________________
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - 3 TB - TinAudio T2 - M40X - FiiO E10 - Kali Audio LP6/Swans M50 W - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Xonar DX - Fenvi WiFi/BT 5 - VS350 - Carbide 400R

Last edited by Rockfella; 21-01-15 at 08:33 PM.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-15   #19
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
laliz is Mysterious
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

nopes dude, Rotating Sleeves are 50mm as they should be and used in olympic games.standard sizes are 25mm to 50mm Barbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you already have plates so they might go useless if they are not of 50mm size, please confirm before buying else it will be showpiece only.

sadly i am too lazy to buy and ship them to you .. now salivating for 8 olympic rods lying at Mohali. i know i dont need them but so damn good price

i also has this doubt maybe they are discarded pieces or having some flaw but 2 year warranty is there and decathlon is international brand from france . peace of mind

Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
Lol as per some reviews their bars are thicker than normal. Most of the plates don't fit on it Maybe that it why it is heavily discounted!
Checked Noida, they don't have it in stock
laliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-15   #20
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic
 
 
Rockfella's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon/NCR.
Posts: 8,635
Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

Yes I know. Even some very reputed brands like Elieko have bars that don't work with standard plates (50 mm not the standard 28 mms). Its just a known thing out there. Either ways I will check.
Originally Posted by laliz View Post
nopes dude, Rotating Sleeves are 50mm as they should be and used in olympic games.standard sizes are 25mm to 50mm Barbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you already have plates so they might go useless if they are not of 50mm size, please confirm before buying else it will be showpiece only.

sadly i am too lazy to buy and ship them to you .. now salivating for 8 olympic rods lying at Mohali. i know i dont need them but so damn good price

i also has this doubt maybe they are discarded pieces or having some flaw but 2 year warranty is there and decathlon is international brand from france . peace of mind
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-15   #21
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
laliz is Mysterious
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

yes problem in india is Tech Specs arent mentioned anywhere on bars or weights. i had to ask so many questions as there was just this steel piece .. "lena hai lo nahi lena to agge jao" was attitue of some guys becuse even they didnt know most of specs.

now the bar mentions dia of 50mm , then we know what plates to look for.

come down to chandigarh if you cant get it in Noida . bar fitted perfectly in my I10 ..zirakpur store is oepned on all days 9AM -11pm
let me see costs to come down to chandigarh 250+250 is toll for both side, rest is your petrol ~30 litre ~=2K 2500rs and 1k for bar =3.5K
still cheaper than most bars out there.

let me see if i can get it shipped next week for you. dont have high or any hopes though. i am a lazy fellow. might buy and keep for myself

Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
Yes I know. Even some very reputed brands like Elieko have bars that don't work with standard plates (50 mm not the standard 28 mms). Its just a known thing out there. Either ways I will check.
laliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-15   #22
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic
 
 
Rockfella's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon/NCR.
Posts: 8,635
Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

What will you do with 3 olympic bars?
edit: No problems! I got it.
Originally Posted by laliz View Post
yes problem in india is Tech Specs arent mentioned anywhere on bars or weights. i had to ask so many questions as there was just this steel piece .. "lena hai lo nahi lena to agge jao" was attitue of some guys becuse even they didnt know most of specs.

now the bar mentions dia of 50mm , then we know what plates to look for.

come down to chandigarh if you cant get it in Noida . bar fitted perfectly in my I10 ..zirakpur store is oepned on all days 9AM -11pm
let me see costs to come down to chandigarh 250+250 is toll for both side, rest is your petrol ~30 litre ~=2K 2500rs and 1k for bar =3.5K
still cheaper than most bars out there.

let me see if i can get it shipped next week for you. dont have high or any hopes though. i am a lazy fellow. might buy and keep for myself

Last edited by Rockfella; 20-01-15 at 03:30 PM.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #23
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic
 
 
Rockfella's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon/NCR.
Posts: 8,635
Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

It is one huge store!!


























Last edited by Rockfella; 20-01-15 at 03:48 PM.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #24
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
laliz is Mysterious
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
It is one huge store!!
Congrats for the purchase.yes it is very big store, you can ride cycle inside the premises, play Badminton. even the Mohali Store is nearly same size.

your old olympic bar seem like 6feet long?

how 's this new bar as compared to your old bar, good ? better? also why did u get the red end bar weight stopper things? they look strong like hell but wount they occupy lot of space on bar?
laliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #25
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic
 
 
Rockfella's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon/NCR.
Posts: 8,635
Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

My old bar was the best (of the crap but still crap) and was stated to be 7 feet not 6 It is apparently shorter and weighs 15 Kgs while a true Olympic bar is 20 kgs hence I wanted to get a better one. Elieko was out of budget (totally). Thanks to you I got to know about Decathlon. The bar needs some oiling, the sleeves are a bit stiff. I checked two of them. Picked up the better packed one. Those red collars are Rs. 199 (pair) lol. and each is I think 2.5 kgs. They are strong. They gave me a pair of spring collars along with the bar (free, or maybe it comes with the bar I guess) which I already had. The spring collars tend to damage the sleeves a lot so bought the red ones. Real good deal I don't have to use all the weights everytime so the red ones won't occupy space (hopefully). Obviously the new bar is better than old that is why I went all the way to Chandigarh to pick it up yesterday
They will soon open up a store in Gurgaon near my place Thanks for all the intel.

Now I need this:

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/bizi...dorCode=S1068a

to open the sleeve and put some oil/grease/machine oil/wd 40 etc.
Originally Posted by laliz View Post
Congrats for the purchase.yes it is very big store, you can ride cycle inside the premises, play Badminton. even the Mohali Store is nearly same size.

your old olympic bar seem like 6feet long?

how 's this new bar as compared to your old bar, good ? better? also why did u get the red end bar weight stopper things? they look strong like hell but wont they occupy lot of space on bar?

Last edited by Rockfella; 20-01-15 at 04:06 PM.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #26
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
laliz is Mysterious
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

yes original bar weights 20Kg. i was of view it will be available easily in delhi but it isnt. that is sad, National Capital and we cant even get a good Olympic Bar.

also the sucker of a Allen key we need for this bar . Collars for 200 seem very great deal. strangley when i bought mine bar they werent available. i noticed these in Mohali decathlon.i also got the spring collars, my friend said "is se kuch nahi rukega"!!!

i will get these heavy duty collars too. it is good decathlon had these bars else i would be using a 2K bar or 12k bar , lol!!

Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
My old bar was the best (of the crap but still crap) I could find in New Delhi. It is apparently shorter and weighs 15 Kgs while a true Olympic bar is 20 kgs hence I wanted to get a better one. Elieko was out of budget (totally). Thanks to you I got to know about Decathlon. The bar needs some oiling, the sleeves are a bit stiff. I checked two of them. Picked up the better packed one. Those collars are Rs. 199 (pair) lol. and each is I think 2.5 kgs. They are strong. They gave me a pair of spring collars along with the bar (free, or maybe it comes with the bar I guess) which I already had. The spring collars tend to damage the sleeves a lot so bought the heavy ones. Real good deal I don't have to use all the weights so the size of it won't make a difference (hopefully)
Obviously the new bar is better than old that is why I went all the way to Chandigarh to pick it up yesterday
They will soon open up a store in Gurgaon near my place Thanks for all the intel.
laliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #27
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic
 
 
Rockfella's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon/NCR.
Posts: 8,635
Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

Lol the best sport shops are in Punjab not NCR. People want cheap stuff here so they buy crap. Spring collars se sab kuch rukega trust me. They are good, I got the heavy ones because they were dirt cheap and it won't corrode the bar. Spring ones damage the sleeve. I will upload pic of what I mean later.
Originally Posted by laliz View Post
yes original bar weights 20Kg. i was of view it will be available easily in delhi but it isnt. that is sad, National Capital and we cant even get a good Olympic Bar.

also the sucker of a Allen key we need for this bar . Collars for 200 seem very great deal. strangely when i bought mine bar they weren't available. i noticed these in Mohali decathlon. i also got the spring collars, my friend said "is se kuch nahi rukega"!!!

i will get these heavy duty collars too. it is good decathlon had these bars else i would be using a 2K bar or 12k bar , lol!!
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #28
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
laliz is Mysterious
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

i was under impression there was some place near Panipat which produced Gym Stuff too. yes Amritsar in punjab have good stuff beside Bars from Indore(as one guy mentioned).

your olympic plates look good quality, For now i am warming up with barbell only, will purchase squat rack in coming months.gave order to fabricate a pullup bar though, for 1600 it felt quite cheap too.

Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
Lol the best sport shops are in Punjab not NCR. People want cheap stuff here so they buy crap. Spring collars se sab kuch rukega trust me. they are good, I got the heavy ones because they were dirt cheap and it won't corrode the bar. Spring ones damage the sleeve. I will upload pic of what I mean later.
laliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #29
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic
 
 
Rockfella's Avatar
Rig Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon/NCR.
Posts: 8,635
Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

Just get this, you'll be set for life!




Originally Posted by laliz View Post
i was under impression there was some place near Panipat which produced Gym Stuff too. yes Amritsar in punjab have good stuff beside Bars from Indore(as one guy mentioned).

your olympic plates look good quality, For now i am warming up with barbell only, will purchase squat rack in coming months.gave order to fabricate a pullup bar though, for 1600 it felt quite cheap too.
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #30
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
laliz is Mysterious
Re: Buying Olympic Barbell

50K seem too steep for this imported stuff. this is made of 11 Gauge steel. so i have a starting point now.
i am not sure but this should be done in like 20-25k.lot of guys in jalandhar should be able to do this. with one year warranty offcourse

Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
Just get this, you'll be set for life!

Buy Body Solid GPR378 Pro-Power Rack Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
laliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Elite List of Indian Olympic Medalists Timon Everything Under the Sun 10 14-08-12 11:17 AM
Behind Olympic stadium.... A view Marun Everything Under the Sun 11 01-09-08 02:17 PM
How Olympic medals are made.... Marun Everything Under the Sun 16 28-08-08 12:20 AM
JOKE: How to create Beijing Olympic logo iosoft Everything Under the Sun 15 24-08-08 03:16 AM
Olympic Games 2008, to have eSports competitions? Ad1tya Interesting News on the Web 16 06-03-08 02:47 AM


Tags
barbell, buying, olympic
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.