Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Building a New PC

I need help in buying/building a new PC. My budget and requirements are as follows:
  • Budget: 40K
  • Existing hardware setup: Cannibalizing my old PC. Only replacing Mobo+Proccy+RAM
  • Components from the existing setup that you intend to keep: Everything except the above
  • Components that you have in mind for your new PC: i7 7700 + A Z270 based board + 16 Gig DDR4 RAM
  • Plans to upgrade in the future: Will replace my ageing Radeon HD 7950 with a GTX 1070
  • Places from where you will buy components along with your location: Not sure
  • Are you comfortable with buying secondhand components from the Erodov market? : Sure!
  • Intended use of the PC [gaming/office use/rendering/HD playback etc] : Gaming
  • Brand preferences: Anything but ASUS (bad RMA history) or MSI (No service center in my state)
  • Monitor resolution and size: Currently 24"
  • Will you be overclocking your setup?: Probably
  • Which OS will you use?: Mac + Win 10 + Win 7
So I'm planning on building a new PC after 5 years of faithful service from my current PC (Still going strong but laggy with encoding/ gaming). As stated I'll be replacing only the MoBo+proccy+RAM. I'd have loved to get an MSI board but they unfortunately have no service centre here (Odisha). ASUS sucks with After Sales so I'm probably stuck with ASRock or Gigabyte. Since I'll be building a Hackintosh I'd prefer a board that has been proven to work. Currently GA Z270M D3H is looking good. I tried calling Gigabyte to inquire about the service center in Odisha but neither their national number nor the local dealer number is working.

Also is it better to buy 8 GB RAM (5k) or just go for 16 GB (9k). The latter is overshooting my budget actually.

I was comparing prices and those prices from Cost to Cost look yummy compared to online. Don't think they ship nationally. Anyone from Delhi providing that service?
coldbreeze16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply