Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-04-13   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
62.2km/h

BSOD Help Win7 Ultimate 64

My system seems to be bsod'ing quiet frequently. But its all random, in the sense, sometimes it happens when browsing, sometimes while gaming, and sometimes while watching .mkv vids. It mostly happens within 10-20 mins of boot, or it does not happen at all. Passmark burn in test runs (15-30 min) without a hitch. This is where I am confused. All my device drivers are up to date.

Below is the error details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Please help!
Corsair F80 SSD
Sapphire HD5850
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Corsair Hx620
CoolerMaster CM690 II Adv
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
Logitech Mx518/Razor Mantis Speed

Dell E228wfp
AltecLancing-MX5021/Sennheiser HD555[/CENTER]
Chavez Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-13   #2
⎝ᄽ⏝⏠⎠
Community Moderator
Procreating =8)~

hawk is extremely Renowned
hawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renowned
Re: BSOD Help Win7 Ultimate 64

Did you google the error code?
Basic googling got me a lot of answers .. but it'll be better if you go through the results as U are better aware of your system and its components...

https://www.google.com/search?q=BCCode%3A%201e

Window 7 blue Screen; BCCode: 1e - Microsoft Community
Windows 7 crashes - Windows 7 - Windows 7
HDD: 2+3TB WD Black SATA3 & 512+256GB Samsung 850 pro
GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming WATERFORCE GTX 1080 @ 1759MHz (core) 1276MHz (mem) 1898MHz (boost)
PSU: SeaSonic X Series X850 Gold
Case & Cooler: Corsair 760T Black Red & H110i in Push Pull
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-13   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Please share the system event admin reported error code ..
that will surely help to understand as to how this happens..

I think on a personal level that the gfx card maybe at fault here...

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-13   #4
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Chavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly Famed

Edit: I have attached the blue screen report. Seems like ntoskrnl.exe caused the crash.
Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Please share the system event admin reported error code ..
that will surely help to understand as to how this happens..

I think on a personal level that the gfx card maybe at fault here...
My Gfx card is an RMA'd card, you may be right, but I need to be certain. How can I check if its the Graphics card?

This is what I got from the System Event Log:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 4/15/2013 7:01:09 PM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Yashas-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 041513-10966-01.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-15T13:31:09.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>5496</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Yashas-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">0x0000001e (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)</Data>
<Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
<Data Name="param3">041513-10966-01</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Attached Thumbnails
>bsod.png  

Last edited by Chavez Ding; 16-04-13 at 10:25 AM.
Old 16-04-13   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ from what I could gather about this error report was that the drivers could cause some issues like this..

see it here..
Suddenly getting BSOD's - Windows 7 Help Forums

also wanted to ask the same thing, did you install a new driver or are teh drivers in your system are signed and new..?
Old 16-04-13   #6
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Chavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly Famed

^^ I'm running the latest drivers for all h/w. I tried to clear the video drivers via driver sweeper, but that just made it worse. It started to bsod on boot, so I had to restore it to a previously stable state. I'll just keep trying and report back if I have any luck. Thanks.
Old 16-04-13   #7
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

^^ Then just as I thought there is something wrong with the video drivers..

that is a difficult situation, do you have another gfx card? to try.. and change.
Old 17-04-13   #8
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

The motherboard has onboard graphics, but even with the onboard graphics chip it is crashing frequently. I have not had time to test it properly, I will report back after I have had some time to test.
Old 17-04-13   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Here's the simplest thing you can do to sort this thing out.

Install Ubuntu 64 bit on a separate drive and the relevant codecs and drivers and then play the video file/replicate the conditions which crash your Win 7 system.

If its hardware related, your PC shall crash again. Else, it won't.

In the latter case, just reinstall Windows

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-13   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

^^ FR you know more about these but I would point out a discrepancy that happend with me..

I was running XP and had such problems, I didn't install but used a Live disc to run uBuntu and the problem never resurfaced.. !!

then I again started XP and the problem happened again.. so installed it and the same result..
had to get a new gfx card and then it was alright..

even now.. there is a problem in my onboard gfx.. but happens rarely..
Old 17-04-13   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

I am not suggesting a live disk mind you!
It does not have all the drivers like fglrx needed for hardware acceleration, hence I asked for a full install with all the drivers.

Anyways, this is just a general pointer which has worked for me in some situations in the past. ymmv
ManISinJpr likes this.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-13   #12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable

Rams or PSU will be culprit for sure check one ram stick at a time

Old 24-04-13   #13
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Just an update. I reinstalled all the drivers one by one and the problem seems to have disappeared for the time being. Its been 2-3 days now, but pc usage has been limited to browsing and watching .mkv's. I haven't tried any games so far. I supposes it was a driver issue, although I'm still not very confident, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 07-05-13   #14
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Ok, Im bumping up this thread.

The issue still remains. I get random bsod's and system restarts. I know its not an issue with the Graphics card or the ram. Stress tested with futuremark and ran memtest for 5+ hrs without failures.

When ever I get the bsod, the message and error codes are different every time. I have reinstalled and updated Windows (7 64 Ult) multiple times.

I guess there may be some issue with the Mobo or CPU or PSU. Any suggestions how to narrow down the actual cause of the error? I am not able to get my ram to run at its stock timings (9-9-9-25). When i manually set it to those timings the system does not even post.

Edit: Ran OCCT CPU:Linpack for around 20 min. Max CPU Temp 70Deg C. Voltage was steady at 3.78v
No Crashes while running the test.

Last edited by Chavez Ding; 07-05-13 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-05-13   #15
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Chavez Ding View Post
Ok, Im bumping up this thread.

The issue still remains. I get random bsod's and system restarts. I know its not an issue with the Graphics card or the ram. Stress tested with futuremark and ran memtest for 5+ hrs without failures.

When ever I get the bsod, the message and error codes are different every time. I have reinstalled and updated Windows (7 64 Ult) multiple times.

I guess there may be some issue with the Mobo or CPU or PSU. Any suggestions how to narrow down the actual cause of the error? I am not able to get my ram to run at its stock timings (9-9-9-25). When i manually set it to those timings the system does not even post.

Edit: Ran OCCT CPU:Linpack for around 20 min. Max CPU Temp 70Deg C. Voltage was steady at 3.78v
No Crashes while running the test.
i am quite sure it might be PSU fault apply themal paste again and keep the case open for the air to go temps are quiet high
roadrippersid is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply