Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 23-03-10   #1
En Taro Adun
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Blank

BOLT Browser 2.0 to Bring Tabbed Browsing.

Bigtime news!

Bolt Browser 2.0 to bring tabbed browsing to Blackberry's!

“Each new version of BOLT becomes more exciting to announce,” said Anna Magliocco-Chagnon, president and CEO of Bitstream. “We are closely listening to our end-users through our user forum, our Twitter and Facebook pages, and their comments on blog posts and articles, and they are guiding our development roadmap in important ways. It is this close relationship we are building with our users to which we attribute our stunning growth. BOLT added 1 million new users in the last five weeks alone.”
I so cannot wait for this update, BOLT is already hundred times better than its alternatives for the BB, and now it just got even better! (although Opera mini 5.0 does come close)

So all those who have Blackberry's, if you haven't started using Bolt browser, start already! Its brilliant!

Source : CTIA 2010: Bolt Browser 2.0 Arriving Tomorrow; Bringing Tabbed Browsing To BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Series 5 Chromebook running Ubuntu!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB I/O Edition
My Twitter!
My Audio Gear(Past and Present)
CanJam 2010 Pictures!!
My Last.fm Page
[E]'s Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."

Last edited by Superfrag; 23-03-10 at 09:26 AM.
Superfrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
drinking duff to stay tuff

Duffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly Famed
Re: BOLT Browser 2.0 to Bring Tabbed Browsing.

I did use its previous version on my phone and it was awful. It was slow on a GPRS connection and almost stopped responding on a WiFi connection. Whenever I used to select my WiFi as access point for Internet connection, no matter what type of page was opened, it used to always get stuck on 70% and refreshing/reloading the page didn't help either. Hope they've fixed all such issues in this iteration.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10   #3
En Taro Adun
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

Hmm.. which version were you on?
Old 23-03-10   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
drinking duff to stay tuff

Duffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly FamedDuffman is highly Famed

I think it was 1.7 or something like that. Right now I prefer Opera Mini 5 for browsing and phone's native browser for Wardriving as it supports Javascript which allows me to open up Router Interfaces.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10   #5
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Bolt doesn't cut it for me either.

Its impossible to navigate using the trackpad, and harder with Bolt.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10   #6
En Taro Adun
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

I use Bolt for surfing forums and Facebook.
For surfing news sites etc, I use Opera 5.
It does get the job done!

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Oh and btw, Bolt 2.0 has already released!

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Also here are other features Bolt 2.0 brings!

Perfect rendering of Web pages on any class of phone, scoring 100 percent on the Web Standard’s project Acid3 test.
Streaming video from many of the world’s most popular video sharing websites, including YouTube, MySpace, Blip.TV and MetaCafe, as well as websites that stream videos such as CNN, ESPN and any website with embedded YouTube videos.
Super fast download speeds.
Copy and pasting text.
Built-in integration with Twitter and Facebook.
Password manager.
Download/Upload manager.
Ability to run Web-based applications written in Ajax, Javascript and other Web programming languages, ranging from Google docs to Mafia Wars.
The inclusion of widgets, standalone mobile applications that are run directly from the browser, such as a weather app, calendar app, calculator, Twitter client and others. These widgets let people using any phone take part in the mobile apps revolution.
Best of breed over-the-air data compression, resulting in faster load times and decreased data usage.
Patented split screen viewing to make surfing complicated Web pages simple, and viewing content on the smallest of screens easy.
Additional notable upgrades in BOLT 2.0 include a faster widget gallery with updated user interface and a server upgrade to WebKit 4.03

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Ok, an update.
I feel like a stupid idiot.

Opera Mini 5.0.18832 which I just installed has tabbed browsing too, and works well.

Bolt 2.0 hangs up at loading for me. Just doesn't go further. Will try a device reboot.

I was on a older version of Opera Mini...
Not to mention, Opera from what I feel is faster than Bolt 1.7 . The speed of sites loading on Opera is identical to surfing on a computer, and the sites I talk about have pictures etc etc.
Bolt is slower. Bolt 2.0 is still in beta though.

So its Opera Mini 5.0.18832 for now!
Old 23-03-10   #7
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Erm. Can't find 2. Where is it?

Still 1.7 on App World and on the Boltbrowser site.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10   #8
En Taro Adun
Blank

Check the Crackberry link, and open it in your browser. Can't install via PC.
Post New Thread  Reply