Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-06-12   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Biostar RMA Complaints

Hi guys,
need your help out here.
i bought an BIOSTAR TA 790 GXE 128 M + AMD PHENOM 2 555 BE one and a half years back.
System was running well till march 2012 .
motherboard was given to the service center ABACUS peripherals at grant road ,mumbai.
repaired mother board was given to me after 20days which went dead in 7 days.
After that ,was given a used motherboard 5 times and each time the motherboard turned out to be defective or devoid of some features.
I spoke to the RMA incharge who is offering me an new biostar 790 GX based model for which i have to pay RS 750/ extra
Iam really in a dilema whether to accept this board or not since this board is really outdated.

Till date i been to the service center 13 times and have six RMA receipts from month of march till now

tell me guys

what can one expect from the company , a brand new board or an old out of production motherboard.
what should i expect .

iam really frustrated with the way things are moving and the Rma incharge is a liar and till now he 's giving me nothing but sweet lies.
i sent an email to to the company after which RMA incharge called me and sent me an email saying he would sort out the issues.

should i file an consumer complaint in a court .

Ps : can some one share his experience where he has been replaced with a new motherboard from any other company

thanks

drashish
drashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-12   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable
Re: Biostar RMA Complaints

I have some experience with them .sharing them below
I had a p4 3.0ht system 7years ago and an intel 915 GAV board. Just 2years ago the ddr RAMs died. So when i went to a shop for new rams they told me that they aren't available and will be costly.
So i decided to buy a cheap g31md7 biostar MB and some ddr2 rams.
The whole setup was doing well for 1year then after that i got some BSODs and sometimes hang up during windows running and instant turn off . Then i go to ABACUS they told me that the southbridge is gone bad . So i RMAed it. After 16days they called me and said that your motherboard has arrived. When i go there to pick it up the guy there told me that we can't find your motherboard(the MB of same serial no). So we will give you another same repaired MB of another customer and a bill of that serial no. I brought it. It run ok for another 2-3 months after that some day i have some problem while starting my system(some times it starts and some times only all the fans keep running and system not starts) .
When I replaced my MB & rams with my old mb & rams(every thing else is same) then system boots up and every thing runs fine. So i thought mb is bad (i have tested the rams on another system). I go to abacus to rma it. They told me that the mb doesn't have any warranty left and they will replace it for 500rs. I refused and bought a new AMD 955 setup with asus MB and i am now happy with it.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

If anyone want i can give the details of Rma of MB.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-12   #3
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

drashish is Mysterious
Re: Biostar RMA Complaints

bump for a reply
drashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply