Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Graphics Cards
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-02-10   #1
Destrukt786
I havent set my status yet.

BFG Announces Liquid Cooled Nvidia GPUs

Liquid cooling for your video card ready from the factory.

Liquid cooling, even though far more efficient than just air cooling, is often a hassle. Outfitting a video card with liquid cooling is usually a more intensive ordeal than working with the CPU – which is where BFG comes in with its announcement of pre-built, liquid cooled Nvidia GPUs.

BFG will be rolling out the GeForce GTX 285 H2O+ and GeforceGTX 295 H2OC graphics cards with "ThermoIntelligence Advanced Cooling Solutions," a fully assembled, self-contained liquid cooling solution right out of the box designed by CoolIT.

The cooling systems on the GTX 285 H2O+ and GTX 295 H2OC are designed to be maintenance-free, never need refilling and easily install into most systems. Users will be able to choose from three different system speed settings to control acoustics and performance—Auto, Quiet, and Maximum.

"We’re very excited to be the first company to bring this type of professional grade advanced cooling solution to PC enthusiasts," said John Malley, senior director of marketing for BFG Technologies. "The BFG ThermoIntelligence Advanced Cooling Solutions provide customers a way to get all of the benefits of liquid cooling their graphics cards right out of the box, without having to install a separate liquid cooling system that requires assembly, filling, and challenging maintenance from time to time." (BFG guys don't know that ZOTAC sold 9800GTX with liquid cooling some time back...they are not the first).

The clock speeds of each card is as follows:
BFG GeForce GTX 295 H2OC
  • Memory: 1792MB (1.8GB) GDDR3
  • Core Clock: 675MHz (vs. 576MHz standard)
  • Shader Clock: 1458MHz (vs. 1242MHz standard)
  • Memory Data Rate: 2214MHz (vs. 1998MHz standard)
  • Processor Cores: 480 (combined)
BFG GeForce GTX 285 H2O+
  • Memory: 1024MB (1GB) GDDR3
  • Core Clock: 691MHz (vs. 648MHz standard)
  • Shader Clock: 1566MHz (vs. 1476MHz standard)
  • Memory Data Rate: 2592MHz (vs. 2484MHz standard)
  • Processor Cores: 240

Last edited by Destrukt786; 27-02-10 at 04:05 AM.
Old 27-02-10   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed
Re: BFG Announces Liquid Cooled Nvidia GPUs

any info on what these will cost?
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10   #3
⎝ᄽ⏝⏠⎠
Community Moderator
Procreating =8)~

hawk is extremely Renowned
hawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renowned

WHAT a 120x1 RAD FOR THE MIGHTY GTX295

I'd atleast use a PA140.1/PA120.2 if I had to WC a GTX295, alone .. a PA140.2/120.3, if I add the CPU to the loop.

Whats the CFM/dB of the fan on that rad ???
HDD: 2+3TB WD Black SATA3 & 512+256GB Samsung 850 pro
GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming WATERFORCE GTX 1080 @ 1759MHz (core) 1276MHz (mem) 1898MHz (boost)
PSU: SeaSonic X Series X850 Gold
Case & Cooler: Corsair 760T Black Red & H110i in Push Pull
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Lulfail.

The Powercolor LCS cards a better buy. EKWB ftw!
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10   #5
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
A new Start, I hope

Rig Gallery

ShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly Famed

Lol, The thin tubes, the small pump and the small rad. And I dont assume the Block is gonna be any better than the aftermarket blocks.

@ hawk you sure 120.3 would suffice for a CPU + this GPU? And I thought I needed another rad to cool my 4890

Gaming Devices :Razer Deathadder // Razer Goliathus // Razer Lycosa // Steel series Siberia //
Logitech Dual action Pad // Sennheiser HD448
Portable : iPhone 2G // SM MP21 // Motorola Milestone // iPhone 3GS // Denon ACH-C710 // Cannon 1000D

Reviews
:
Team Xtreem 4GB Kit Review // Razer Deathadder Review // Sound Magics MP21 Review // Rise of the fallen

ShaTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by ShaTTeR View Post
Lol, The thin tubes, the small pump and the small rad. And I dont assume the Block is gonna be any better than the aftermarket blocks.

@ hawk you sure 120.3 would suffice for a CPU + this GPU? And I thought I needed another rad to cool my 4890
For single GPU and CPU (nothing else in the loop) a 3x120 rad is sufficient. If you add mosfets and NB/SB to the equation, you're looking at dual loop territory.

EDIT: That's how I'd do it anyway
Old 28-02-10   #7
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
A new Start, I hope

Rig Gallery

ShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly Famed

Its just sufficient, not the best . I am not talking about the lower end cards at stock clocks. I am talking about This Card and a 45nm CPU.
I like to have headroom Never know what may come ahead eh
Old 28-02-10   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

120.3 can keep an E8400 and an EK-blocked GTX260 icy cold. 45nm CPUs barely put out any heat.

If you move to i7 + anything hotter than a GTX260 (4870 or higher) that's when you *might* see a triple rad struggling. Dual loops are awesome for exactly that reason - you can swap single components without too much headache.

Last edited by stonedsurd; 28-02-10 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling nazi
Old 28-02-10   #9
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
FUUUUU !

Stuge is extemely Distinguished
Stuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely Distinguished

Default liquid cooling is our future
Stuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-10   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
A new Start, I hope

Rig Gallery

Aftermarket air coolers are much better than default liquid coolers
Old 28-02-10   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by ShaTTeR View Post
Aftermarket air coolers are much better than default liquid coolers
QFT
Post New Thread  Reply