Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Tablet Computers
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-08-13   #1
teh priesT!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Best Tablet Around 6k ?

Ainol Crystal II seems to be the best option. Anything better available ?
Free Radical likes this.
Hitesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13   #2
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great
Re: Best Tablet Around 6k ?

Don't buy Ainol, they don't last for long. Many issues.

Personal experience with Ainol crystal and Ainol flame.

Sent Via Tapatalk 2 from my HTC DROID DNA
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13   #3
teh priesT!

Hitesh12 is very RespectfulHitesh12 is very Respectful

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
Don't buy Ainol, they don't last for long. Many issues. Personal experience with Ainol crystal and Ainol flame.
So what should I buy ?
Old 09-08-13   #4
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

I would suggest getting the Wammy Desire for 6.5k

http://www.wickedleak.org/180-wammy-desire.html

If you can spend, get the Lava XTron+ for 7k.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13   #5
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Wammy desire should be good.

Old 09-08-13   #6
teh priesT!

Don't you guys think Karbonn ST 8 will be better than the wammy one ?
1k cheaper, bigger screen and 1.5k mah more battery. Only con being the internal memory. 1.5gb instead of 8gb, hope that's not a big problem (android noob here)
Old 09-08-13   #7
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

I'm not sure about the hardware used in Karbonn, infact both the CPU and GPU.
A quick google search yeiled me with the CPU being a Amlogic Meson6 CPU. Never heard of it.
Also, no details on the GPU part.

Anyways, wouldn't suggest Karbonn.
Old 09-08-13   #8
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

Originally Posted by Hitesh12 View Post
Don't you guys think Karbonn ST 8 will be better than the wammy one ?
1k cheaper, bigger screen and 1.5k mah more battery. Only con being the internal memory. 1.5gb instead of 8gb, hope that's not a big problem (android noob here)
But then it's karbonn, it's a risk..

Also u wont be able to install bigger games if any in the 1.5 gb of space..

Old 09-08-13   #9
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

But then it's karbonn, it's a risk..

+1
Old 09-08-13   #10
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

That's a non issue.
You can always use the int2ext script (I recommend it!) or similar like a2sd,ext2sd,d2ext in init.d.
[Script][Share]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT - xda-developers
Using that on my custom rom for Karbonn A5 which has a mere 128 mb internal space and it works like a charm even while using a Class 2 sdcard!
Your phone or tablet won't know the difference

I've heard that Ainol tablets have good community support but I have never owned one to suggest it. Based on the specs, it looks the most enticing.
I say, go with something with the best specs at your budget and which has its source code publicly available and you won't be disappointed.

Most Android devices are "unkillable" if you know the willy nillys. I have 4 running Android devices, all past warranty and none of them has died on me yet.
Don't let brand names deter you unless you are a klutz and would need servicing/warranty for doing something stupid. You get a new generation every 6 months anyway.
Hitesh12 likes this.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 09-08-13 at 11:40 PM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯°□°)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

If you have someone who can bring you back a tablet from the US, then get the Nook HD+.

Saw the 16GB refurb ones going for $120 the other day.
Free Radical likes this.
PC: AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ @ 2.7Ghz - Cooled by OCZ Vendetta 2 - ECS 8200A Motherboard - 4GB DDR2 RAM - XFX Nvidia Gefore 9800GT - 1TB HDD (WD Caviar Blue 640GB + Seagate 500GB) - DVD-RW - Packed in CoolerMaster Elite 335 chassis. Laptop (Dell Studio 15):Intel Core2Duo T8100 - 3GB DDR2 RAM - ATi 4250 HD - 320GB HDD - DVD-RW and the works. Gadgets: iPhone 3GS 32GB - Dell Axim x51v PDA (Up for sale) - Philips VOIP 841 Skype Handset - Logitech Cordless Skype Handset (Up for sale) - Panasonic Lumix TZ7 Camera.

My country! In thy days of glory past
A beauteous halo circled round thy brow and worshipped as a deity thou wast—
Where is thy glory, where the reverence now? Thy eagle pinion is chained down at last,
And grovelling in the lowly dust art thou, Thy minstrel hath no wreath to weave for thee
Save the sad story of thy misery! Well—let me dive into the depths of time
And bring from out the ages, that have rolled, A few small fragments of these wrecks sublime
Which human eye may never more behold
And let the guerdon of my labour be,
My fallen country! One kind wish for thee!
- To my native land by Henry Louis Vivian Derozio
kauffmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13   #12
teh priesT!

After lurking around the net for some time, on basis of reliability and lasting period, I'm placing karbonn, ainol and wammy in the same box. There is just not enough evidence to prefer one over other.

Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
If you have someone who can bring you back a tablet from the US, then get the Nook HD+. Saw the 16GB refurb ones going for $120 the other day.
Damn that's a sweet deal but alas no one is coming anytime soon

Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
A quick google search yeiled me with the CPU being a Amlogic Meson6 CPU. Never heard of it.
Know anything wammy desire's soc ? Can't get rid of the WD II from the google results
Old 10-08-13   #13
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hitesh12 View Post
Know anything wammy desire's soc ? Can't get rid of the WD II from the google results
The Wammy Desire (not the WD2) uses a Rockchip RK30 board. AFAIK Rockchip is ARM licensed.
Along with Mali 400 (Quad core GPU).

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/28/fuzhou-rockchip-announces-rk30-for-the-budget-tablets-of-today/
Old 10-08-13   #14
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
That's a non issue.
You can always use the int2ext script (I recommend it!) or similar like a2sd,ext2sd,d2ext in init.d.
[Script][Share]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT - xda-developers
Using that on my custom rom for Karbonn A5 which has a mere 128 mb internal space and it works like a charm even while using a Class 2 sdcard!
Your phone or tablet won't know the difference

I've heard that Ainol tablets have good community support but I have never owned one to suggest it. Based on the specs, it looks the most enticing.
I say, go with something with the best specs at your budget and which has its source code publicly available and you won't be disappointed.

Most Android devices are "unkillable" if you know the willy nillys. I have 4 running Android devices, all past warranty and none of them has died on me yet.
Don't let brand names deter you unless you are a klutz and would need servicing/warranty for doing something stupid. You get a new generation every 6 months anyway.
By died i meant, the tab just stopped working.

Old 10-08-13   #15
sm1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

sm1 is sickeningly Dreadful

What about lava xtron.
Plays nfs butter smooth.

Battery and Wifi not the best but looks and longevity might be better compared to others.
sm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply