Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Cameras and Photography Equipment
Register Forgot Password?

Old 18-04-12   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: Best Camera for 500$

Originally Posted by ViKiD View Post
None as such. They aren't future proof. Plus they do not give good results. Specially under low lighting conditions. Add another 100$'s and the widow opens up.
Increased my budget to 600$ so is the EOS 550D good enough.......
fragpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12   #17
Konkey Dong
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

If its yet again limited to 600$'s then yeah get the 550D. Otherwise the D5100 .
Old 18-04-12   #18
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

fragpic is Notable

If its yet again limited to 600$'s then yeah get the 550D. Otherwise the D5100 .
Will try to convince mom but for a budget of 600$ is the canon 550D the best dslr out there???????
Old 18-04-12   #19
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Best under a budget of 600$'s yes.

There are these :

Pentax K-x

Nikon D3000

Nikon D3100

Canon XS

Canon T1i

and the outdated D5000. (Which is also a good option)
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12   #20
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

fragpic is Notable

There are these :

Pentax K-x

Nikon D3000

Nikon D3100

Canon XS

Canon T1i

is it better to get a body and buy third party lenses separately or get the whole kit???
Old 18-04-12   #21
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Well it depends on what the camera is going to be used for ... and if the bundled lens is good enough.

Like the one which is bundled with the D5100, the 18-55mm, is super crappy lens for serious photography. But definitely the same lens can be acquired from the market for a marginally higher price. (Difference of about 1-2k , maybe more)

As a whole the kit is definitely a cheaper option. Unless you plan on getting a better lens separately in the future.

Last edited by ViKiD; 19-04-12 at 02:06 PM.
Old 19-04-12   #22
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

the 18-105mm, is super crappy lens for anything other than serious photography..
English fail?

Do you mean the Lens is crappy for serious photography?
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12   #23
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Pentaxian

Rig Gallery

commieguerra is highly Admirablecommieguerra is highly Admirablecommieguerra is highly Admirablecommieguerra is highly Admirablecommieguerra is highly Admirablecommieguerra is highly Admirablecommieguerra is highly Admirable

There are these :

Pentax K-x

Nikon D3000

Nikon D3100

Canon XS

Canon T1i

K-x and K-r EOL already
commieguerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12   #24
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
English fail?

Do you mean the Lens is crappy for serious photography?
:X OOps... :S

Also i meant to say the 18-55 and not the 18-105... the latter is an amazing lens.
Old 19-04-12   #25
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

fragpic is Notable

Well it depends on what the camera is going to be used for ... and if the bundled lens is good enough.

Like the one which is bundled with the D5100, the 18-55mm, is super crappy lens for serious photography. But definitely the same lens can be acquired from the market for a marginally higher price. (Difference of about 1-2k , maybe more)

As a whole the kit is definitely a cheaper option. Unless you plan on getting a better lens separately in the future.
So will the stock lens that comes with the 550D be good enough for beginners????
Also is the t3i/600D better than the D5100 if you add video quality to the equation???

Last edited by fragpic; 19-04-12 at 04:49 PM.
Old 19-04-12   #26
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Originally Posted by fragpic View Post
So I can get the body only and then a much better lens separately then I wont have to upgrade letter.
So which lens do you suggest for outdoor photography(well lit) and regular family portraits...shouldn't cost a bomb and entire bundle should fall below the 600$ limit.
Will mostly be taking the T2i for its video capabilities.......
The kit lens which comes with the T3i is a darn good lens (The 18-55 ISII) , specially for outdoor shots. And if i am not wrong the same lens ships with the T2i. The lens i mentioned earlier was the Nikon 18-55, which is a super cheap lens and like wise the quality.

http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showp...t/1421/cat/all

If you are getting the T3i, the kit lens should be more than enough...

Old 19-04-12   #27
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

fragpic is Notable

The kit lens which comes with the T3i is a darn good lens (The 18-55 ISII) , specially for outdoor shots. The lens i mentioned earlier was the Nikon 18-55, which is a super cheap lens and like wise the quality.

Canon Lens: Zooms - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II (Tested) - SLRgear.com!

If you are getting the T3i, the kit lens should be more than enough...

I actually meant the t2i,
So will the stock lens that comes with the 550D be good enough for beginners????
Also is the t3i/600D better than the D5100 if you add video quality to the equation??? and is it worth 700$???
Old 19-04-12   #28
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Originally Posted by fragpic View Post
I actually meant the t2i,
Also is the t3i/600D better than the D5100 if you add video quality to the equation???
Nope, personally only video quality is what separates the canon's and the Nikon DX format cameras (Non full frame).

Basically if it wasn't for the Video quality the D5100 would be way better than the T3i. The one major drawback on the kit lens bundled with the D5100, which is super crappy as compared to the 18-55 bundled with the T3i.

The D5100 falls in the same bracket as the Canon 60D. If i had to put it this way.

Though here is a very consumer friendly comparison :

Canon T3i vs Nikon D5100

Should give you a basic idea. Mind you, some of the info mentioned in that comparison is wrong, a few points like the no. of focus points and the continuous shooting speed.

If you want to buy a lens separately with the D5100, then a good choice with be to get the 18-105mm. Which is kinda expensive. Otherwise for amateur photography, the stock kit lens will work just fine. (The 18-55 Nikkor DX)

And if you really are going to extend your budget to 700$'s then i would suggest that you get the body separately and a decent lens depending on the usage. Otherwise the T3i Kit would be good enough for you.

Last edited by ViKiD; 19-04-12 at 05:11 PM.
Old 19-04-12   #29
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
The D3200 was just announced.. Much better Video shooting..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12   #30
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

Mega Pixel Wars.

Plus Nikon's Video processing is not as good as Canon's. Im contemplating it is going to be the same again. Plus you will need to get an really good, read expensive, lens to use those 24 Mega Pixels properly.

We will have to wait for reviews to know the real deal
Post New Thread  Reply