Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 12-09-09   #46
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Alls well that ends in hell

Re: Ballmer publicly threatens employee using an Iphone.

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I will agree that an Microsoft employee using Apple products publicly will be bad publicity for the company and can possibly be demoralising to other Microsoft's other employees.

Apple is aware of this fact and gives Microsoft employees royal treatment and subsidies. As montylee was telling us that even if you are remotely associated with Microsoft then you get subsidies for buying the iPhone. It is a kind of sneak attack by which Apple tries to hit out at Microsoft.

But I think Ballmer should not have acted the way that he did. It was disgraceful and is conduct unbecoming of a CEO of such a Major Multinational Company. But one thing I will say in Ballmers defence is that he is generally a very emotional person and many times is not able to control his emotions. He is one of the most fiercely loyal Microsoft employees who has been with the company thick and thin from the onset. I have no doubt that he was hurt and felt betrayed when he found one of his employees using a rival product in front of him. This employee could also have avoided using a rival product in front of his boss, but I suppose he must have been excited to see Ballmer himself and wanted a snap of him that this did not even occur to him. However Ballmer should not forget that he is CEO. He should have controlled his emotions and acted more maturely. I hope Ballmer realises this and I hope that other senior managers at Microsoft have the courage to tell him that these kinds of actions only bring negative publicity to Ballmer and his company.
best post of the discussion!
thread closed!

montylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09   #47
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
Diabolical like Biz Markie

Cyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply Great

^Nicely put. I honestly think that he overdid just a little bit but it was all in good humor and it sent across the message it was supposed to. Funny yet assertive.

Cyn1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09   #48
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I knew that a true blue gutsy guy and also a person who expresses himself honestly will give this reply. ( therotically I will agree that choices are our own and that there should be freedom etc blah blah.)
I wouldn't want you wearing a tee which says Wipro Rocks or TCS is Superb in your campus, it is a joke but I think you will agree that some choices have to be controlled.
a very sinister example would be. me wanting 10 or 100 girlfriends or affairs..well it is my choice and I can have them but is it intelligent??
No certainly not, lets say Iexercised my option then I should also be prepared to face some flak over it..hell my wife could even leave me ...this is just an example but choices are like wild horses, some of them need to be reined in for sure.
Originally Posted by rpm19050 View Post
if rbk has a problem with employees wearing nike/puma/allstar, give them a facility of free shoes-get one if you want.

that way, most ppl will choose rbk. and those who don't..must have reasons of their own ! you can't force anything on anybody.
Bang On Vijay, Bang On !
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I will agree that an Microsoft employee using Apple products publicly will be bad publicity for the company and can possibly be demoralising to other Microsoft's other employees.

Apple is aware of this fact and gives Microsoft employees royal treatment and subsidies. As montylee was telling us that even if you are remotely associated with Microsoft then you get subsidies for buying the iPhone. It is a kind of sneak attack by which Apple tries to hit out at Microsoft.

But I think Ballmer should not have acted the way that he did. It was disgraceful and is conduct unbecoming of a CEO of such a Major Multinational Company. But one thing I will say in Ballmers defence is that he is generally a very emotional person and many times is not able to control his emotions. He is one of the most fiercely loyal Microsoft employees who has been with the company thick and thin from the onset. I have no doubt that he was hurt and felt betrayed when he found one of his employees using a rival product in front of him. This employee could also have avoided using a rival product in front of his boss, but I suppose he must have been excited to see Ballmer himself and wanted a snap of him that this did not even occur to him. However Ballmer should not forget that he is CEO. He should have controlled his emotions and acted more maturely. I hope Ballmer realises this and I hope that other senior managers at Microsoft have the courage to tell him that these kinds of actions only bring negative publicity to Ballmer and his company.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09   #49
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

das_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirable

1) The post is overhyped...I saw the meeting video myself... It was a light moment and funny jesture more than anything else... Ballmer described how it hurts when people use other producfts and then he talks to product managers to give him even better MS products.
2) Few people said, they wont join MS. Thats a big loss for MS.
3) MS has an intranet site on Iphone, which has all details on how to set certificates and all to use corporate email using IPhone. If Ballmer's or MS's stand on non-MS products was such what people of here portray, that intranet page would not have been there. Yes thats setup by MSIT, not by any employee
4) When Live was there 70% of internal users used Google. Now its 20%. After the new Bing 2.0, it will be even less.

For those who dont know, about 28% of MS employees have spent more than 10 yrs in MS. That requires passion and love... People who work for $ in MS are the ones who leave it (mostly).

Last edited by das_vicky; 12-09-09 at 06:45 PM.
das_vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09   #50
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Perpetual Melancholy

TheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly AdmirableTheDevil is highly Admirable

^Hey Mate, Please share the link to the Video?
TheDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09   #51
teh priesT!
[E]onian

das_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirabledas_vicky is highly Admirable

^^
its internal to MS employees only
Old 12-09-09   #52
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

Vijay stole the thread .. BEST post .. period ... made the entire debate before it just pointless ...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-09   #53
teh priesT!
[E]onian

^^
Agreed, but most pasrt of that post is invalid...as nothing disgraceful happenned on the stage
Old 13-09-09   #54
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Originally Posted by das_vicky View Post
^^
Agreed, but most pasrt of that post is invalid...as nothing disgraceful happenned on the stage
The fact that the 'CEO' of Microsoft even acknowledged the iPhone held by his employee is big news.

Just like it is a BIG win for RIM to have the US President go around with a Bold in his hands.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-09   #55
teh priesT!
[E]onian

yeah big news, hardly disgracegul
Old 14-09-09   #56
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Originally Posted by das_vicky View Post
yeah big news, hardly disgracegul
Nope... ofcourse you can expect the media to play it up
KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply