Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > RMA and Warranty Servicing Experiences
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-11-13   #1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
/dev/null

Bad Experience with MSI(DIGICARE) RMA

I had driver crashes with my GTX460 and I turned in my card to DIGICARE Bangalore on 10-10. I was told I'd be contacted within 7-10 days. I received an email along with RMA number on 22-10 that my card was received. I contacted Digicare about 2 weeks ago and I was told that I'd get a new card next week as a replacement as GTX460 wasnt in production anymore.

Called them up yesterday and I was told their servers were down and hence they couldn't inform me about the RMA status. I call them today nobody answers the phones.

I've contacted these ppl through email about a week ago and not a single person has replied yet.

arjunpal@msi.com
technicalindia@msi.com
sandeep@msi.com
neilcheng@msi.com

Moreover I can't check RMA status anywhere, their page seems to be broken.

Its nearly been a month and I don't have a card, did not expect MSI to have such bad aftersales service.
It would be of great help if someone could get me in touch with someone that can speed up the process.

UPDATE : Still nothing from digicare. Each time I call, I get a set of lies. Arjun pal informed me that I'd get another 460 while digicare tells me I'm getting a newer model. The female at digicare told me that it is gonna be dispatched today from HQ, another guy tells me it's in hosur and that I'd get it today.
Lesson learnt, never buy any product whose RMA is handled by digicare.
devvfata1ity likes this.
Intel i5 8400||ASUS TUF B360-PLUS||16G Corsair Vengeance||Corsair TX650 V2||Sapphire Nitro+ RX580||Crucial MX500 500G+ WD Black 500G + 1T ST||Aopen 24HC1QR||Razer DA 3.5G on Goliathus Fragged||RK61 Brown switches||Corsair Carbide 400R

Last edited by adizz; 12-11-13 at 10:21 AM.
adizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-13   #2
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Looking to Sell My Rig

devvfata1ity is very Notable
Re: Bad Experience with MSI(DIGICARE) RMA

m in the same boat as u broda
DIGICARE sux
2018 RIG: Core i5 8400 (3.9 ghz) | Asrock Z370 Pro4 | Adata XPG Z1G DDR4 3000 16GB | GTX 1080 Mini ( 2152 core, 11600 mem) | TX 850V2 | Force GT 120GB | 850 EVO 250 GB | WD Green 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Spire Thermax Eclipse II P/P | NZXT Tempest EVO |

Consoles: Xbox ONE | Xbox 360 | PS4 | PSP 3000

Smartphones: iPhone X 64GB | Galaxy Note8 64 GB| Pixel 2 64GB

Tablets: BB Playbook | Nexus 7 2013 | Ipad 2017

devvfata1ity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-13   #3
teh nuB!
[E]onian
/dev/null

adizz is very Notable

Got my card after 40-45 days. Had to make a ton of calls and mails. :/
Old 29-12-13   #4
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Originally Posted by adizz View Post
Got my card after 40-45 days. Had to make a ton of calls and mails. :/
Which model??
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-13   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Looking to Sell My Rig

i got my mobo back after 45 days
Old 30-12-13   #6
teh nuB!
[E]onian
/dev/null

adizz is very Notable

Originally Posted by the knight View Post
which model??
gtx460
Old 31-12-13   #7
My Eyes are on You Seller
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

even my experience with digicare has been bitter. they suck big time.
johnjoyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13   #8
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Looking to Sell My Rig

yup thats why i wont buy any brand's product whose rma is handled by digicare, however that leaves me in a bind as it means i cant buy MSI, ASUS, ASROCK, GIGABYTE
Old 31-12-13   #9
teh priesT!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Hitesh12 is very RespectfulHitesh12 is very Respectful

Oddly enough my experience with didgicare (nehru place, delhi) a few months back was ok. I got my 460 hawk after 14-18 days after submission.
Still I wouldn't recommend any MSI product unless you are getting it for dirt cheap.
btw Zotac is my no. 1 priority for GPU's (sapphire a step behind) . Great service !
Hitesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14   #10
My Eyes are on You Seller
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

johnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputablejohnjoyjoe is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by devvfata1ity View Post
yup thats why i wont buy any brand's product whose rma is handled by digicare, however that leaves me in a bind as it means i cant buy MSI, ASUS, ASROCK, GIGABYTE
most of the Product RMA are handled by Digicare and moreover intel is also handled by them. so how many brands can you resist!!!

GIGABYTE are not handled by Digicare.
johnjoyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Looking to Sell My Rig

Originally Posted by johnjoyjoe View Post
most of the Product RMA are handled by Digicare and moreover intel is also handled by them. so how many brands can you resist!!!

GIGABYTE are not handled by Digicare.
Digicare nehru place was accepting gigabyte mobos for rma & yes intel is handled by them too unfortunately. However one of the importers for intel cpus is redington & i know a few ppl there. They helped me get my i7 2600k replaced with a brand new boxed pack one in 2days only.

Though digicare sux major time, companies are also responsible for the pain the customer goes through while RMAing. For eg: MSI HQ and their indian POC (Mr Arjun Pal) are a bunch of retards. They will make sure your blood drains out during the RMA process. Asus is better in this regards as at least if you drop a mail to their HQ, they look into the issue ASAP. And in most cases you get a new replacement. MSI on the other hand will try to send you a old replacement in stead of a new one. Asrock is ok but they leave a lot of the decision making power in the hands of digicare.

In short even in case of digicare handling the RMA my ranking for brands will be as follows:
1. Gigabyte
2. Asus
3. Asrock
4. MSI

Just a few days ago FK was selling the MSI 770 GTX TF3 for 23.7k (including 10% cashback) & at that price I was tempted to pull the gun (considering the NV holiday bundle came free with it) but I resisted as it was MSI & my experience with MSI has been piss poor.
spark9 likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply