Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-09-11   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Don't You Worry Child!

Icon2 Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-WRT | HELP Needed

Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Asus RT-N13U B1 but would like to flash it to DD-WRT. I've gone through the tutorial but read some posts saying they were not able to get the USB working and some said thry couldnt get Transmission to work and several said it worked fine.

I've flashed dd-wrt once on my old dlink but the n13u is more expensive and the process seems a lil complex.. so dont want to brick the router.

Can anyone in Delhi/Mumbai help me flash it to DD-WRT in person?

Here is the tutorial: Asus RT-N13U - DD-WRT Wiki

Thanks
Old 13-09-11   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Don't You Worry Child!

djlaksh is very Notable
Re: Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-WRT | HELP Needed

no one ready to help? :s
i can pay for the "services"
djlaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-11   #3
Back to [E]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Rig Gallery

syedthedevil is extremely Renowned
syedthedevil is extremely Renownedsyedthedevil is extremely Renowned

you have the tutorial , so try it your self. or wait till you get reply here
im really not lying , i have hacked his wifi
Originally Posted by megan View Post
i just want to see if i can use his net in emergencies . i already have internet in my house
http://i53.tinypic.com/289bt5e.jpg
syedthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-11   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Don't You Worry Child!

djlaksh is very Notable

Originally Posted by syedthedevil View Post
you have the tutorial , so try it your self. or wait till you get reply here
I dont want to risk bricking it.. just needed some clarification regarding the filesystem and transmission part (but thats strange coz I'm sure many ppl on [E] would be using the N13u with ddwrt but no1 has come-up )
I've ordered for the router but it will take some time to reach me.. looks like I'll hv to get my hands dirty once I get it.
Old 04-10-11   #5
teh pandiT!
[E]onian
The Rep-whore!

Luciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply GreatLuciffer is simply Great

PM SumitB : Guy knows his stuff... is well versed about this... and very helpfull.... he's your best bet on this one
Luciffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

SumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply Great

I just got mentioned here!

If you follow the linked guide, its pretty failsafe. However, ensure that you're connected to a UPS while upgrading the firmware and that the upgrade is not interrupted. Also, with most Asus routers, its pretty easy to restore to factory defaults if you do it right. However, do it at your own risk.

One advice, if the guide asks you to wait for 1 minute, wait for 2 before taking the next step otherwise, you'll encounter folder permission issues.

About transmission, after dd-wrt is installed, for this guide to install Optware. Once everything is installed, you'll have access to Transmission on http://routerip:9091

Best of luck.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Don't You Worry Child!

djlaksh is very Notable

Originally Posted by Luciffer View Post
PM SumitB : Guy knows his stuff... is well versed about this... and very helpfull.... he's your best bet on this one
thank you for the pointer

Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I just got mentioned here! If you follow the linked guide, its pretty failsafe. However, ensure that you're connected to a UPS while upgrading the firmware and that the upgrade is not interrupted. Also, with most Asus routers, its pretty easy to restore to factory defaults if you do it right. However, do it at your own risk. One advice, if the guide asks you to wait for 1 minute, wait for 2 before taking the next step otherwise, you'll encounter folder permission issues. About transmission, after dd-wrt is installed, for this guide to install Optware. Once everything is installed, you'll have access to Transmission on http://routerip:9091 Best of luck.
thanks.. just one last thing- should I go in for the official release of dd-wrt or the modded one (mentioned on the official website) since it has File System drivers preinstalled?
Old 07-10-11   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian

SumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply Great

There is a modded dd-wrt release? Sorry, I am not aware of this as I have always used the official release. Currently using build 14929. I can provide support for the official release as I don't have information about the modded release. Your call.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11   #9
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Don't You Worry Child!

djlaksh is very Notable

in that case official will be just fine
thanks and ygpm
Old 25-08-13   #10
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

baccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominent

Is this device still flashable with DD-WRT? I mean the version available on flipkart. One of the reviewers their wrote that the current version is no longer supported.
Core i5 2500K|| Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3|| 8GB DDRIII 1600 MHz RAM||CORSAIR GS600|| Zotac GTX560 Ti|| Samsung 2233sw|| Razor Abyssus mouse|| Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler|| Clip Zip with Audio Fishcher DBA-02
Proud owner of a Kindle 3 WiFi
baccilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-13   #11
teh nuB!

dheerajjotwani is Notable

Check router database on www.dd-wrt.com gives the current progress wrt all the routers. U may wanna know the version being shipped before u check the dbase

tapped on Note II cdma
dheerajjotwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-13   #12
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

baccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominent

Originally Posted by dheerajjotwani View Post
Check router database on www.dd-wrt.com gives the current progress wrt all the routers. U may wanna know the version being shipped before u check the dbase

tapped on Note II cdma
I got the TP-LINK 1043ND for Rs 3800/- locally. I have already flashed DD-WRT on it and got printer sharing to work. But I have not been able to install optware on it yet. It is amazing how confusing the tutorials are. Many times they are outdated. Spent all day today trying to get it to work. I want to be able to install a media server on it, possibly by installing packages on a USB device. But tutorials don't work. Official wiki's are the worst.
Old 28-08-13   #13
teh nuB!

Originally Posted by baccilus View Post
I got the TP-LINK 1043ND for Rs 3800/- locally. I have already flashed DD-WRT on it and got printer sharing to work. But I have not been able to install optware on it yet. It is amazing how confusing the tutorials are. Many times they are outdated. Spent all day today trying to get it to work. I want to be able to install a media server on it, possibly by installing packages on a USB device. But tutorials don't work. Official wiki's are the worst.
good buy. basics of setting optware is first to correctly format and prepare a dedicated hdd for it. google prepare hdd/usb for optware with ddwrt. once done follow this link DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - [Howto] Install Optware on Atheros units (such as WNDR3700) it seems to be tailor made for your requirement
Old 28-08-13   #14
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

Originally Posted by dheerajjotwani View Post
good buy. basics of setting optware is first to correctly format and prepare a dedicated hdd for it. google prepare hdd/usb for optware with ddwrt. once done follow this link DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - [Howto] Install Optware on Atheros units (such as WNDR3700) it seems to be tailor made for your requirement
Already formatted. But I can't mount sda1 on /mnt like required. It always mounts on /tmp/mnt. The ipkg doesn't seem to work either. I think I will buy a dedicated 500gb hard drive for my router and give this a try again. Currently trying with a 16 flash drive formatted into a ext2 and a 64mb of swab. Used gparted on my Linux mint.

Old 28-08-13   #15
teh nuB!

the 1043nd is based on the atheros chipset. so you need to do it the jffs way. here translate this guide into english using google and follow it to the letter. it will work... TP-Link WR1043ND + DD-WRT + Optware | Tidnab Home Page
baccilus likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply