Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-08-13   #16
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

Re: Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-WRT | HELP Needed

Originally Posted by dheerajjotwani View Post
the 1043nd is based on the atheros chipset. so you need to do it the jffs way. here translate this guide into english using google and follow it to the letter. it will work... TP-Link WR1043ND + DD-WRT + Optware | Tidnab Home Page
I don't have a working knowledge of vi. Is it necessary for all guides explaining installation of optware? Do you think it is wiser to go for openWrt? That too is available for my router.
Core i5 2500K|| Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3|| 8GB DDRIII 1600 MHz RAM||CORSAIR GS600|| Zotac GTX560 Ti|| Samsung 2233sw|| Razor Abyssus mouse|| Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler|| Clip Zip with Audio Fishcher DBA-02
Proud owner of a Kindle 3 WiFi

Last edited by baccilus; 30-08-13 at 08:47 AM.
baccilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-13   #17
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

baccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominent

good buy. basics of setting optware is first to correctly format and prepare a dedicated hdd for it. google prepare hdd/usb for optware with ddwrt. once done follow this link DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - [Howto] Install Optware on Atheros units (such as WNDR3700) it seems to be tailor made for your requirement
After having a closer look, I have realized that this guide is outdated and also has some mistakes which makes it difficult to follow.
Old 31-08-13   #18
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

dheerajjotwani is Notable

Originally Posted by baccilus View Post
After having a closer look, I have realized that this guide is outdated and also has some mistakes which makes it difficult to follow.
to answer your previous question, vi doesnt need a lot to learn to use. u can google a simple guide to using vi or once you have optware installed, download and isntall nano which is so much easier to look. i did have a look at the guide and it seemed fine. i stand corrected if its bugged. could you point which ares you found were buggy?
dheerajjotwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13   #19
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

baccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominentbaccilus is highly Prominent

to answer your previous question, vi doesnt need a lot to learn to use. u can google a simple guide to using vi or once you have optware installed, download and isntall nano which is so much easier to look. i did have a look at the guide and it seemed fine. i stand corrected if its bugged. could you point which ares you found were buggy?
Some things from the original post

Some steps seem wrong:
Step 5
Code: cd /tmp
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapsho...2-1_ar71xx.ipk
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapsho...8-3_ar71xx.ipk
ipkg libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk opkg_618-3_ar71xx.ipk should have "install" after ipkg

mkdir /sda_part1 should be mkdir sda_part1
I have sda1 and sda2 in /dev not part 1 and part 2
In general, as of now this guide is not working for me. May be it is outdated but it is hard to follow because a lot of steps don't work.
Old 01-09-13   #20
teh nuB!

Ok. So it didnt work for you even after those rectifications? Google again and there is a link to a script on github try that.

tapped on Note II cdma
Old 01-09-13   #21
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

Ok. So it didnt work for you even after those rectifications? Google again and there is a link to a script on github try that.

tapped on Note II cdma
Actually they are just a few mistakes that I could find. These instructions don't work for my router because there are several steps which need to be a little different and I am not knowledgeable enough to know them.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I went with Gargoyle OpenWRT for my 1043ND router. Seem to work better than DD-WRT for sure.
dheerajjotwani likes this.
Old 01-09-13   #22
teh nuB!

thats excellent. please link the guide here for the ease of others
baccilus likes this.
Old 02-09-13   #23
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I have no status

thats excellent. please link the guide here for the ease of others
Guide coming soon. I would prefer to write one after I have figured out a few things, namely installing miniDLNA on the USB drive, sharing USB drive over the network. Sharing printer is the easiest. Rest all has to be figured because of the little quirks that come up.
Post New Thread  Reply