Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > RMA and Warranty Servicing Experiences
Register Forgot Password?

Old 25-06-14   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Asus HD7990 RMA Drama

So, I gave my card for repair on June 2nd and was asked to pick it up in a week.

After 23 days of calling multiple people and offices, today they tell me they will offer me a credit note of 70k. I bought the card for 83k.

I responded saying, "Since Asus has been unable to fulfill my initial request to repair/replace my card, I would like a full refund".

To which I got a reply stating a 7990 replacement is on the way from Taiwan and will take 45 days.

I asked them to provide me a standby card until the new one arrives.

Now, I'm waiting to see what they say.

I am absolutely frustrated by the incompetence of Asus. If they offered me a credit note of 83k, I would have taken it, but they tried to low ball me. I guess it is a good thing that I'm getting a replacement, I'm just hoping they give me decent card for the 45 day standby.

Did I play this right? Should I have insisted on the full value CN as opposed to a replacement card?

Update 1: They've agreed to give me a placeholder card until the new 7990 arrives from Taiwan. Now, I'm expecting 2 units of R9-290.
I guess there is a silver lining after all. I was quite prepared to take this case to court, will update this post further in time.

Last edited by chocos; 26-06-14 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Update
chocos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-14   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
lost in boredom.....

dash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputable
Re: Asus HD7990 RMA Drama

You do know that you can only buy another Asus product using the CN right?
dash2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-14   #3
teh nuB!

chocos is Mysterious

I understand that, yes. I wasn't expecting a credit note to let me purchase any other brand.
Old 26-06-14   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I sure hope that sense prevails on this Govt and they allow Newegg etc to set up shop here.. !!
that would be so nice.. then we won't to run from pillar to post for our service requests.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-14   #5
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
getting into competitive CS
1.6 once more

BULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly Famed

^

I highly doubt that Manishda, if government was proper, then any shop/seller wouldn't have done this kind of things. They know that they can do anything with the consumer. Also, there is only a few number of people who goes to consumer court in case of any issue.
i7 4790k @ 4 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VII Ranger, 2 * 8 GB Corsair Vengeance pro 2133 Mhz, Asus GTX 970 Strix, Seasonic 1050 XM Gold, Samsung pro 256 GB ssd, 3 TB + storage, NZXT phantom, Steelseries Apex, Coolermaster Sentinel II Advance, League Of Legends Mousepad, NZXT Sentry, NZXT Hue, Asus pb298q
BULLZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

BIKeINSTEIN is highly ProminentBIKeINSTEIN is highly ProminentBIKeINSTEIN is highly Prominent

@chocos
What's the status?

Please PM me the RMA details as below.

• Product: Motherboard/ Graphics Card/…
• Model Name:
• Serial Number:
• RMA challan No./DS No/Job No/Call ID/... :
• Submitted to:
• Submission date:
• Problem faced: (as brief as possible, please)

Note: @vijayninel @ChironX @johnjoyjoe please tag other senior/active members please
Anyone having RMA issue/delay with ASUS product or wanting to help someone facing issue/delay, please do the same.
BIKeINSTEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14   #7
teh nuB!

chocos is Mysterious

Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
@chocos
What's the status?

Please PM me the RMA details as below.

Product: Motherboard/ Graphics Card/
Model Name:
Serial Number:
RMA challan No./DS No/Job No/Call ID/... :
Submitted to:
Submission date:
Problem faced: (as brief as possible, please)

Note: @vijayninel @ChironX @johnjoyjoe please tag other senior/active members please
Anyone having RMA issue/delay with ASUS product or wanting to help someone facing issue/delay, please do the same.
Hi BIKeINSTEIN,
The case is almost resolved. I've been given temporary GPUs while I wait for a new unit of HD 7990 to be imported. I will contact you if I don't get an update for the new 7990 card within the time they've suggested me to wait.

Thank you for contacting me here, I appreciate your concern and participation with the end users.
Post New Thread  Reply