Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Core Components
Register Forgot Password?

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Asus B350-F Not Supporting QVL Memory when OCed

So I recently made a new system and was just procrastinating about creating this thread.
I am using two 8 gig sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz with a Ryzen 1700 and Asus Rog Strix B350-F.
The problem is that the memory is running at 2100 MHz and not above that. I have tried every frequency available above 2133 but it doesn't boot no matter what. I even tried the DOCP profile but even that is of no use. The CPU overclocks easily though.
The RAM is on Asus's QVL list so it should work and I have seen youtube videos of people running it at 3000 MHz with this mobo.
Has anyone got any clue what is wrong? Anybody with the same mobo and memory combo to help me in overclocking?
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Chaos is highly AdmirableChaos is highly AdmirableChaos is highly AdmirableChaos is highly AdmirableChaos is highly AdmirableChaos is highly Admirable
Re: Asus B350-F Not Supporting QVL Memory when OCed

Did you increase ram voltage to 1.35 and VSOC voltage to 1.1? Else it won't work.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
teh nuB!

hocuspocus is Mysterious

All the values change automatically when I select any pre given frequency if I remember correcly.
And I remember exactly that I followed the tutorials for it as I was too skeptical and did change the voltage to 1.35 and even 1.4 and 1.41 and what not because different people had different experience with the voltage.
The DOCP profile (AMD's alternate to intel's XMP) did set everything at manufacturer optimum values but even that didn't work.

But don't know about this VSOC voltage. Will check it out now.

And those Asus Customer care guys were so horrible. I e-mailed them about the issue and theyfirst replied that I take the mobo to the servie center. I told them that I bought it only 3-4 weeks ago. To which they replied " You shouldn't try to overclock it. Run it at default settings"
WTF???? Seriously!!!!!
So stop producing overclockable components.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Jasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly Admirable

Have you tried updating the BIOS. I have the exact same mobo, it runs my Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz at 2933 with manually entering the timings.
i5 2500K+CM 212 Evo| Asus P8Z68V | G.skill Ripjaws 2x4 GB 1600Mhz | MSI 7970 | OCZ Agility 3 120GB+WD640GB+WD 1TB | Asus 22x DVD-RW+ Liteon 20x DVD-RW | Razer DA mouse + Titan Everglide pad | Logitech G15 V1 | Logitech z-2300THX | Dell 2408WFP | Corsair 750TX | CM690 Cabinet
Console- PS3 40GB
Jasku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
teh nuB!

hocuspocus is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Jasku View Post
Have you tried updating the BIOS. I have the exact same mobo, it runs my Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz at 2933 with manually entering the timings.
Yeah it was at the time of overclocking. The bios version was 1001 when I overclocked. They have released a newer version a few days ago but it only adds support for newer AMD CPUs so I didn't update. Can you please send me images of your bios settings for RAM?
And if your vengeance is working rine thwn so should be my LPX. No?
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Jasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
Yeah it was at the time of overclocking. The bios version was 1001 when I overclocked. They have released a newer version a few days ago but it only adds support for newer AMD CPUs so I didn't update. Can you please send me images of your bios settings for RAM?
And if your vengeance is working rine thwn so should be my LPX. No?
I am currently out of town, dont have access to my PC, will do it once I get back maybe on Sunday. But, compatibility isnt guaranteed based on one kit being on the QVL. What you should do is first try entering the timings manually as printed on the RAM box or Google your exact it model name and key em in. Also, update your BIOS for stability. But, the LPX did have more compatibility across mobos, when I was doing my purchase research.
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
teh nuB!

hocuspocus is Mysterious

I have manually entered the values as well but it also didn't work.
Let me know your timings and I will apply them. If it doesn't work, I will put those up for trade with an overclockable kit.
Old 1 Day Ago   #8
teh nuB!
~Breezy~

ayogi is Mysterious

I believe there are still issues with RAM compatibility on AMD chipsets, it is getting resolved slowly over multiple BIOS revisions. If you are willing to wait for some time it might get resolved in the next few months.
ayogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #9
teh nuB!

hocuspocus is Mysterious

Originally Posted by ayogi View Post
I believe there are still issues with RAM compatibility on AMD chipsets, it is getting resolved slowly over multiple BIOS revisions. If you are willing to wait for some time it might get resolved in the next few months.
Well, I guess I have to wait.

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Jasku View Post
I am currently out of town, dont have access to my PC, will do it once I get back maybe on Sunday. But, compatibility isnt guaranteed based on one kit being on the QVL. What you should do is first try entering the timings manually as printed on the RAM box or Google your exact it model name and key em in. Also, update your BIOS for stability. But, the LPX did have more compatibility across mobos, when I was doing my purchase research.

Still waiting Jasku
Old 7 Hours Ago   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
Well, I guess I have to wait.

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Still waiting Jasku
sorry 15-17-17-17-35
Post New Thread  Reply