Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 14-07-07   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

ASUS Announces P5K3 Premium with 2GB Onboard

Announces P5K3 Premium with 2GB Onboard

ASUS this week announced its latest P5K3 Premium motherboard based on Intelís P35 Express chipset, but with a twist. The P5K3 Premium does away with traditional memory slots and integrates DDR3 memory onboard instead. ASUS packs the P5K3 Premium with 2GB of DDR3 1333 MHz memory, or what ASUS calls Turbo D3 Onboard Memory. The memory has latencies between CL7-to-CL10.

ASUS laid out 2GB of DDR3 memory in a dual-channel configuration for optimal performance. The onboard memory is also set up in what ASUS calls a perfect T-Tree design, where the memory controller has access to each pair of memory chips. ASUS claims the T-Tree design reduces clock cycle timing by 50% compared to traditional fly-by designs, which grants the memory controller access to each module.

ASUS guarantees memory overclocks above 1500 MHz, nearly matching the speeds of high-end overclocking memory. However, ASUS recommends at least a 1066 MHz front-side bus processor to achieve memory speeds above 1500 MHz.

Other notable features of the ASUS P5K3 Premium include support for upcoming Penryn-family processors and 1333 MHz front-side bus processors. Expansion capabilities of the P5K3 Premium include two PCIe x16 with CrossFire compatibility, two PCIe x1 and 3 PCI slots. ASUS also installs a JMicron JMB363 controller for one ATA133 and two e.SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, in addition to the six internal SATA3.0 Gb/s ports provided by the Intel ICH9R.

Analog Devices provides audio via eight-channel high-definition audio codec. Dual Gigabit LAN is also standard. A large copper heat-pipe cools the P35 Express, ICH9R, VRMs and DDR3 memory.

Expect to pay quite a chunk of change when the board hits retail in the coming weeks.

Source: Daily Tech

Last edited by Dark Star; 14-07-07 at 10:25 AM.
hardware_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-07   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Stewie is very Notable
Re: ASUS Announces P5K3 Premium with 2GB Onboard

Hmm... that's an interesting concept.
But since this is targeted at enthusiasts they should have included a couple of extra RAM slots for future upgrades or should have had 4GB onboard RAM. 2GB RAM with no option to upgrade simply doesn't make the cut for high end mobo's these days.
Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-07   #3
Lounge Bug
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Chocolate Salted Balls.

Rig Gallery

bean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famed

wat would the cost of these boards be ? ..
Old 14-07-07   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

hardware_freak is highly Admirablehardware_freak is highly Admirablehardware_freak is highly Admirablehardware_freak is highly Admirablehardware_freak is highly Admirablehardware_freak is highly Admirable

Hehe i guess it will be costly.

but they should have given 4GB ram insted of 2GB, considering the vista needs so much ram it would be very good with 4GB ram.
hardware_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-07   #5
teh zeuS!
..I..

Rig Gallery

Dark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly Famed

EH? Buying it is such a waste .. See a P5K vannila give u an option of 8 GB DDr2 and 4 GB DDr3 So wasting in this makes no sense

Dark Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-07   #6
Lounge Bug
Chocolate Salted Balls.

Rig Gallery

bean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famed

^wats cost of p5k vanilla? ,, i am hunting for tat board,,
bean_laden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-07   #7
teh zeuS!
..I..

Rig Gallery

Dark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly FamedDark Star is highly Famed

^^ Rashi Peripheral Quotted me 9.~ +tax so consider 10k .. Its overpriced but I bet its gr8 buy.. Same features like of P5K delux .. + DDr2+DDr3 support
Old 14-07-07   #8
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Stewie is very Notable

P5K vannila give u an option of 8 GB DDr2 and 4 GB DDr3
You mean the P5KC.
The P5K does not have DDR3 slots.
Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-07   #9
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

@ DarkStar,

P5K/P5K Deluxe is a DDR2 Board.

P5K3 Deluxe is a DDR3 Board.

P5KC is a DDR2+DDR3 Board.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-07   #10
teh zeuS!
..I..

Rig Gallery

I mean P5K-C
Post New Thread  Reply