Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > News
Register Forgot Password?
View Poll Results: Is Apple iOS Hindi transliteration working for you with a older iOS release?
No, not working 1 14.29%
Yes working with iOS 5 Beta (1, 2, 3, 4) 2 28.57%
Yes working with iOS 4.x 0 0%
Yes working with iOS 3.x 0 0%
I couldn't care less! 5 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Post New News  Reply

Article Tools Search this Article

Old
Apple's IOS Doing Hindi Transliteration
by KiD0M4N 10-08-11

Apple's iOS doing Hindi Transliteration

Apple targeting Indian populace with its next release?

It seems that Apple has taken a sudden interest in sophisticated Hindi support in its latest iOS release. I am a registered Apple developer. When I loaded up the latest Apple iOS 5 Beta 5 release, I noticed that 'Hindi' was already added as one of my keyboards in iOS.

Upon exploring it further, it looks like Apple might be building in transliteration into the keyboard as well. Type in English and the words get transliterated to Hindi on the fly. Currently, this only works if you first type a word in English, then switch the keyboard to Hindi and invoke press backspace after the concerned word (like in the image above.)

Please let us know if you see any luck with the previous beta releases or on other older versions of iOS. While we realize that the target audience of a possible world synced iPhone 5 launch is not going to be very interested in this particular feature, it will be that ONE feature which you will show of to your friends and colleagues to make them very very zealous. Full sized images below:

Last edited by KiD0M4N; 10-08-11 at 07:16 AM.
Views 2478 Comments 10
Total Comments 10

Comments

Old 10-08-11
Lead Lead
Administrator
I havent set my status yet.

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery
Re: Apple's IOS Doing Hindi Transliteration

Oh and btw, my Hindi sucks! Dont be gramma Nazis now please!
Old 10-08-11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

shashankre is highly Prominentshashankre is highly Prominentshashankre is highly Prominent

Will the messages written in Hindi be readable to other normal phones? What are the limitations?
Old 10-08-11
Lead Lead
Administrator

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by shashankre View Post
Will the messages written in Hindi be readable to other normal phones? What are the limitations?
I believe that it is using Unicode... So if your phone has Hindi fonts installed, you should be good to go.
Old 10-08-11
En Taro Adun
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great
Aren't you breaking the NDA that you sign as a developer when testing beta software?

It does give rise to thoughts that Apple might be pushing for a fast release of the iPhone 5 in India.
Old 10-08-11
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great
Rig Gallery

Naice.
Old 15-08-11
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Rig Gallery

Awe-frackin-some!!!
Old 15-08-11
Section Moderator
Community Moderator

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

kool ..
Old 16-08-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable

will check it on ipod touch 4G 4.3.3 oS and post back
Old 19-09-11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Tech Computer Freak :)

Coolu is Mysterious

looks cool will check it out and post
Old 23-10-11
Unregistered

I tried out the Hindi keyboard but I noticed that there are no full vowels (only maatra forms) and no aspirated letters like kh, ph, bh, sh, etc. Am I just not seeing them or is there something I need to do in the settings or is this keyboard just incomplete?
Post New News  Reply
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

Similar News
Article Author Forum Replies Last Post
Classical Hindi Movies kauffmann Everything Under the Sun 9 20-12-09 09:14 PM
Firefox 3.0.5 has hindi!!!! SidK!! Everything Under the Sun 12 20-12-08 03:13 AM
FS: Original Hindi ACD's Chief-Techie Closed/Completed Deals 4 23-05-08 06:40 PM

Tags
apple, hindi, ios, transliteration