Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Gadgets & Consumer Electronics Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-01-13   #31
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Bring it ON !!!

Rig Gallery
Re: Apple Thunerbolt Display/ 27" Monitors in General

Seller 1

Seller 2

Seller 3 This is the guy I bought from

Also only go for perfect pixels, also @sjaveri bro put some of your inputs as well to help our friend @ChironX here, he is confused
Old 30-01-13   #32
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

bobthebuilder is very Notable

I disagree on the TV lag part. A friend used a 32 inch LG LCD as a monitor , most for movies but also he did game. No horrible input lags as you are pointing out. It had 5 ms response time. Plus it is an IPS LCD panel. Sadly I forgot the TV model and he has since shifted. He only got the tv for 25k.
IPS panel for 25k + 5ms response time is a great deal IMO. It also looked great while seeing movies and gaming both. The only problem was you cannot sit close to it as you can with a monitor. You have to maintain some distance.
The main thing you have to keep in mind is the response time. Generally 5ms is considered good. Again it is subjective. I have known people who even dislike 5ms response time and prefer something like 2ms.

If you see a good plasma TV, it will blow out everything else. But the power consumption is quite high. But still people who love natural colors go for Plasma.
Still if you have to choose a monitor I would recommend Dell. I am using a Dell Monitor and I do not find the AG coating a problem at all, I could not understand what the problem was when people said Dell used heavy AG coating. If not that, then what?. Have a better monitor but with a glare in your eyes with even slight light falling on it?.But again its subjective, am fine with it, you might not like it. Do take other's opinions too.
If you know people who have these monitors, do visit them.
bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-13   #33
Cat in the rat race
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

^ Plasma still has the best image quality, but it does suffer from the fading/burning out issue, right? Especially if you're into games which displays a static image in the corners of the display, so prolonged usage might work against it right?

I agree the AG coating is subjective. Many have praised them on the Dell monitors saying they hate glossy monitors like the Apple ones, while some of them have crucified Dell/Samsung for using aggressive AG coating and ruining images.
Old 30-01-13   #34
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
^ Plasma still has the best image quality, but it does suffer from the fading/burning out issue, right? Especially if you're into games which displays a static image in the corners of the display, so prolonged usage might work against it right?

I agree the AG coating is subjective. Many have praised them on the Dell monitors saying they hate glossy monitors like the Apple ones, while some of them have crucified Dell/Samsung for using aggressive AG coating and ruining images.
Burning out does happen in Plasma if you keep the screen idle for hours. So in the situation you are saying, it is best avoided.

You seem terribly confused to me, the more you think, the more you will get confused.
Select your priorities. With AG or without AG. Response time slow or fast. IPS or other panel, etc.
Old 30-01-13   #35
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
You seem terribly confused to me
See, the thing is, I want the best of both worlds. A monitor which will produce the best image without compromising on input lag etc and will last long ( I play League of Legends and all sort of twitch games so lag does matter to me). I haven't seen any of the Dell monitors in person, though the Dell 19 incher which I work on office is pleasant to look at. AG is subjective, so I do not know whether that will affect me or not. None of the shops here have any 27" monitors in display so that I can check them out and take my decision. My opinion is based on youtube videos which I see on my LG monitor, so the coating/no-coating thing doesn't come into play here.

Furthermore, the more I read in those forums, the more I see about pros and cons of each options. Apple costs too high and has some blurring/smearing issues with high-res objects in games, Dell has AG coating, Asus uses PWM which flickers, Korean monitors fail randomly etc etc..and the list goes on.

Tell me how I should react I am trying to keep my sanity intact here.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-13   #36
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Everyone goes through the same thing while buying anything new mate. And nowadays there are so many to choose from, everything gets messed up.
I understand your situation. Am sure so much of research will land you with the best in the budget.

Cheers
ChironX likes this.
Old 31-01-13   #37
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

I sure hope so mate, I sure hope so.
Old 31-01-13   #38
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

sjaveri is Notable

@ChironX i bought the Achieva Shimian after talking to Saif about his. There is no doubt in my mind this is the one you need. Or the Yamakasi Catleap. I will list the pros and cons out for you, but i think you know them already

Pros :

1) Value - even if something goes bad, buying a second one is still cheaper than paying for an Apple Cinema Display. You are getting basically the same quality at less than half the price.

2) 1440p Resolution. 100% worth it. Super for gaming, productivity apps like excel, browsing, movies. Everything as a matter of fact is better. I have no problem at all with text. I am running games on my Radeon 6950 2gb card, with absolutely no issues at all. All games are either at high or ultra settings at 1440p and the frame rates are acceptable.

Cons :

1) What if it goes bad/Warranty : 1yr warranty, you gotta ship it back if it goes bad. But it isnt a very common thing, and even if it goes bad, see my point above that even if you buy two of these, its cheaper than an apple cinema display.

2) NO OTHER CONS. (Some people don't like glossy. This may be a con for you, however i personally prefer glossy displays as i feel the colors tend to "pop' more.

Imo you should just stop reading and searching any further, get on ebay and just pick up one of these!

Last edited by sjaveri; 31-01-13 at 09:06 PM.
sjaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-13   #39
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Bring it ON !!!

Rig Gallery

saifbukhari is very Honorablesaifbukhari is very Honorable

SPOT ON Mr @sjaveri Thanks for sharing first hand to the point experience
saifbukhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-13   #40
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

Thanks fellas @saifbukhari and @sjaveri. Will definitely check out that route. I've ebay.com and overclock.net forums open half of my day, researching about all kinds of monitors and what not!

Hopefully will decide within this week. My LG 22 inch display is going to get picked up locally so I need something in its place. Hopefully my GTX580 can keep pace on that 1440p resolution

My parents will disown me if I order a 7970
Old 31-01-13   #41
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Bring it ON !!!

Rig Gallery

saifbukhari is very Honorablesaifbukhari is very Honorable

Goodluck
saifbukhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13   #42
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

post the pics and review , your finding and experience briefly mate, itna to banta hai
Old 14-02-13   #43
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

Aye aye sir..will do..but in a nutshell the experience is amazing
bobthebuilder likes this.
Old 14-02-13   #44
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

sjaveri is Notable

So you got the 1440p Korean Monitor then?
sjaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-13   #45
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

No, I got a Dell U2713HM

Originally Posted by sjaveri View Post
So you got the 1440p Korean Monitor then?
Post New Thread  Reply