Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-01-14   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Apple to Sell iPhone 4 in India for Rs 15,000/-

The iPhone 4 launch at Apple WWDC June 2010

Apple is set to relaunch the 8GB version of the iPhone 4 in the Indian market at around 15,000 through buyback and EMI schemes the times of India has reported. This is a significant cut in price when compared with its old retail price of Rs 26,500.

Apple had stopped production of the iPhone 4 in Aug-Sep of 2013. The iPhone 4 was launched in 2010 and succeeded by the 4S in 2011, the 5 in 2012, and the 5c and 5s last year. The latest model the iPhone 5s, sells at around Rs 53,500 these days. Since Apple stopped production of the iPhone 4 last year itself, the company is likely to source unsold stock of the model from around the globe for the Indian market. In any case sales of the iPhone 4 had virtually stopped in the developed markets and they had no more use for them.

Apple has been struggling to maintain a foothold in the Indian market which has largely become an Android nation. Apple's market share in the Indian smartphone market peaked to more than 4% in October-December 2012 and January-March 2013 before dwindling to 1.4% in October 2013, according to CMR data. Samsung's share, in contrast, rose to 42% from 33% in the same period.

The iPhone 4 was fabulous technology in 2010 but the smartphone world has changed a lot since then. You can get much better hardware on Android or even Windows Phones for the same price. Even on the software front the iPhone 4 lags behind competition. It cannot run iOS7 easily with long application loading times, animation lag, as well as stuttering while changing the orientation.

While the iPhone 4 for Rs 15k would be a good deal for someone who wanted to buy an iPhone for the brand value, it may not be the best technology your money can buy.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 15-01-14   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned
Re: Apple to Sell iPhone 4 in India for Rs 15,000/-

leftovers eihh?......anyone??
mohitgamer likes this.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-14   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

ratheeshkannan is very Notable

iphone 4 is still a good phone, minus ios7 ... for normal applications its still a good choice ... 15k (if its final price) is a good price for such an old device, i think i might buy one and gift to my father who need a simple robust phone ... minus all the tech jargon which he might not get used to in android ...
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz (OC In Progress) -=- ASUS - M5A97 R2.0 -=- ASUS AMD HD 7970 CU II Top -=- Transcend DDR3 1333 4Gb x 2 -=- Seagate 2tb SATA III -=- ADATA Premier Pro 64 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive - SATA III -=- Corsair TX650M -=- NZXT Phantom 410 - Samsung 22x - DVD Combo drive -=- Asus Xonar DG Soundcard -=- Creative T6060 5.1 Speakers -=- TVS Bharath Gold Mechanical Keyboard -=- Razer Naga Mouse -=- Logitech C310 - HD Webcam -=- Dell 2420L FHD 24" LED -=- APC 650 -=- Antec Kuhler 920 Liquid CPU Cooler -=-

Canon 70D -=- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C -=- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens -=- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens -=- Nissin Di866 MARK II (For Canon) Flash -=- Lowepro Orion DayPack 200 Backpack -=-
ratheeshkannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-14   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I LOVE this offer !!!
Does anybody know why, first coz this will reduce the artificial inflated price of second hand phones and also coz then the so called elite or higher end users would not be so happy seeing this in multitude of hands.. !

I am happy !! even though this is just dumping of old and UNSOLD stock on Indian buyers. !
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
While the iPhone 4 for Rs 15k would be a good deal for someone who wanted to buy an iPhone for the brand value, it may not be the best technology your money can buy.
ratheeshkannan likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-14   #5
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

For the build quality? Yes! For the specs? Nope.

IMO this only suits to those who don't want anything radical from their phones. Just basic needs, like music listening (though 8GB is too less for my music library atleast; the output quality is fantastic though), surfing the web, doing some social networking, get a taste of iOS, and also get the bragging rights at the same time!
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-14   #6
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Originally Posted by ratheeshkannan View Post
iphone 4 is still a good phone, minus ios7 ... for normal applications its still a good choice ... 15k (if its final price) is a good price for such an old device, i think i might buy one and gift to my father who need a simple robust phone ... minus all the tech jargon which he might not get used to in android ...
It will be 15k via buyback and EMI schemes. Apple is still reluctant to reduce the price without any strings.

Sad really...
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-14   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Either this or nokia 525, both are robust .. good handy phones ... but ios might be simple and easy to understand ... didint have a wp phone previously but using my ipod touch for a long time so hoping that he can pick it up quick ... and a big yes for the bragging rights that he got an iphone (who cares abt the version) ... and am too happy abt my k900
Old 16-01-14   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Any purchase source or exact dates when this scheme will be applicable...?
Old 16-01-14   #9
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by mohitgamer View Post
Any purchase source or exact dates when this scheme will be applicable...?
Should be soon it seems..
Another senior executive with a leading cellphone retail chain said Apple's two distributors, Redington and Ingram Micro, have sounded the trade out about a big relaunch of the iPhone4 8GB model as early as next week so that the company can take advantage of a Republic Day sales bump. "However, inventory is yet to enter the stores," the executive said.
Apple to relaunch iPhone 4 in India - The Times of India
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-14   #10
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
I am happy !! even though this is just dumping of old and UNSOLD stock on Indian buyers. !
This is why i don't like it and it weighs way than the previous points. But that's just IMHO
Old 17-01-14   #11
pYe
teh nuB!
DoTA FrenZy

pYe is Mysterious

Best phone for Dads .. At this moment .
pYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-14   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Apple can go F**k themselves.

Apple iPhone 4 8GB reintroduced in India at Rs 22,900
Apple selling iPhone 4 for Rs 23,000 in India is daylight robbery - Tech2
Apple iPhone 4 8GB to relaunch at Rs 22,000: Report - The Times of India
Old 20-01-14   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Ancient Philospher

manu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirable

What a bargain. I am thinking of getting them for my whole family.
manu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-14   #14
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

the Rs 15,000 price tag was never possible and Apple wouldn’t sell phones that cheap.
the price would be Rs 22,900.
mohitgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-14   #15
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

If at this price it is gonna be a hit then surely it's a moment of sadness. India would be officially A dumping ground of old stock at exhorbitant prices
Post New Thread  Reply