Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-03-12   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

Apple iPhone warranty - discussion

Originally Posted by superstar2009 View Post
Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: yes , sealed so india warranty starts after u open it
What seriously????
So you buy an iPhone 4s keep it in the vault for 5 years and and go back to Apple after that and RMA the device, they will honour it??

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12   #2
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

superstar2009 is very Notable
Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
What seriously????
So you buy an iPhone 4s keep it in the vault for 5 years and and go back to Apple after that and RMA the device, they will honour it??
Yes . As long as the phone is not activated and registered online .
superstar2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
Re: Sealed iphone 4s India Warranty and Vat Bill

@JD666, @KiD0M4N, @mav2000, @ManISinJpr @vijayninel
Guys what do you think? How true is this?
KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Macbook pro (OS x+xP)!

sahib is highly Prominentsahib is highly Prominentsahib is highly Prominent

i dont know about the 5 year thing,that is way too long.But yeah the OP is right about the registration thing.
Old 09-03-12   #5
avi
teh priesT!
[E]onian
The [E] Boy :P

avi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirable

Yep. It is true. Unless you register the device you cannot use it afaik.

Originally Posted by K417D View Post
tagging @avi
Thanks for the tag ! I got new 4S bill & VAT at lot lower price . Actually it was for someone I know.
Old 09-03-12   #6
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

No.

Punch in the Serial Number at Apple's website, and you'll see that the warranty has already started from before the date of purchase.
You can change that, buy providing Apple Support with the Invoice of your purchase. They will correct the purchase date according to their records (provided you have purchased from an Apple Authorized Seller).
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12   #7
teh nuB!
[E]onian

superstar2009 is very Notable
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
No.

Punch in the Serial Number at Apple's website, and you'll see that the warranty has already started from before the date of purchase.
You can change that, buy providing Apple Support with the Invoice of your purchase. They will correct the purchase date according to their records (provided you have purchased from an Apple Authorized Seller).
Activation and registration r two diff things. If u punch in the serial no of this phone it will ask u to activate the phone via iCloud or iTunes . Next day u will see the activation date as your warranty start date provided u register the phone as well. although with iCloud now, i think even if u activate the warranty details show up on the apple site .

Te bill is only needed when u activate the phone but do not register it . If u don't register it will not show up on the apple site . If two- three months down the line u remember the activation date u can register it against ur Apple Id provided u remember the date u activated it .

If u do not remember the activation date apple will register it based on ur invoice date.

Most retailers have 2 yr old iPad 1's in stock but unless the ipad is activated the warranty does not start . He can sell the iPad 1 after two years if he wishes and the one year warranty will start the day that iPad is activated .

Only problem the customer may face is if the iPad 1 needs replacement apple may just give the iPad 2 if they don't have the iPad 1 in stock .

also in the worse case scenario if ur phone goes completely dead someday and u don't have a bill . there is no way apple will replace ur phone even if u have the box which shows its a india purchase cause there is no way to prove that the phone was from the same box . this is the only time when bill is really important even if u take it overseas to u claim warranty u may not be given a replacement . this is clearly stated on the apple website in the terms and conditions . apple site clearly states that u need purchase invoice to claim warranty but since consumer protection laws are better abroad u do get a replacement but in INdia there is no way u will get a new one
kauffmann likes this.

Last edited by superstar2009; 09-03-12 at 09:58 PM.
superstar2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

I think both of you are saying the same thing.. anyways...
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12   #9
avi
teh priesT!
[E]onian
The [E] Boy :P

avi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirable
Re: Apple iPhone warranty - discussion

^I don't think both are saying same
avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12   #10
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
I think both of you are saying the same thing.. anyways...
Not exactly.

Although, I will definitely verify his claim with my upcoming purchases.

What he is saying does make sense, but until a few years back, It was always that you had to scan your Invoice and send it to Apple, and they would update your purchase date as your warranty start date. I don't know if things have changed now.
JD666 and kauffmann like this.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12   #11
teh nuB!
[E]onian

x017in is Mysterious
Perfectly true mate. I got an iPhone 4 from a guy who had bought it sometime last year but not activated it. I activated it in Jan this year and warranty began from that date. I checked the same with apple and they confirmed.
kauffmann likes this.
x017in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12   #12
En Taro Adun
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great
That's an excellent warranty setup they've got. Other manufacturers will only do the same if you have the invoice.. which hopefully everyone does.

Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Series 5 Chromebook running Ubuntu!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB I/O Edition
My Twitter!
My Audio Gear(Past and Present)
CanJam 2010 Pictures!!
My Last.fm Page
[E]'s Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."
Superfrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply