Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-11-12   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Amusing Apple iPhone 5 Rapid Swipe Bug - Hardware at Fault?

Several iPhone 5 and and iPod touch 5th generation users have begun reporting that rapid diagonal swipes on their devices can cause the screen to stop responding to touch input. This rapid swiping will not affect everyday usage, but it could affect rapid swiping games like Fruit Ninja and game developers are expressing concern over this https://twitter.com/cma_megacorp/sta...70789599531008

The Next Web has posted that because the glitch is not present on the iPhone 4S, but is also seen on the 5th generation iPod Touch, which uses the same new touch hardware as the iPhone 5, the issue is likely not with iOS 6 and not solved with a simple software update. iPhone 5 Ignoring Rapid Diagonal Swipes

The issue is easily replicated. Check out the video demonstration above from Recombu, and don't be surprised if the skills of Fruit Ninjas who play on Android/Windows Phones begin to far exceed those who chop Apples on iOS.

Sources : Exclusive: Apple iPhone 5 touchscreen glitch discovered by developer, we go hands-on - Recombu

Chopping too fast?

vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable
Re: Apple iPhone 5 Rapid Swipe Bug - Hardware at Fault?

Any other 'source'? Eh why do I care...don't own an iPhone 5.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

SoundsGreat is very Notable

Hi,

Well the worst fears of all the Apple fans !!! This was sort of expected on account of the device itself was developed in a rather hurry and ended up getting two of the guys involved fired and countless production problems !!

Tim can step into Jobs shoes but cannot manage it half as good the beloved departed soul did !! There was only one Steve Jobs and he shall be the only one who knew how to make some kick ass products !!

Wouldn't be surprised if Tim as well is booted out soon !!

Regards.
SoundsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

I seriously don't get the logic...if some guy in a Gram Panchayat in a village passes "Farman" like an illiterate against women and if that village comes under Congress, why is Dr. Manmohan Singh asked for resignation.
Well for hardware design issues, why do you directly blame Tim Cook.

And I am not sure it's just one website trying to start a rumor or it is really true. Not defending Apple, but seriously as I see now it's just one website and it's youtube link...not sure whether the same group has started the Twitter acc.
Also another website 'thenextweb' has quoted the first one that is 'recombu'.

It can be a normal camera trick as he is swiping too fast...need inputs from people who own 5 or some other tech website to confirm it.
bean_laden likes this.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
BaZzzingAaa !!!

bigb123 is very Respectfulbigb123 is very Respectful

what if he is lifting his finger slightly after few moves
bigb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

This is mostly a hardware fault, this has been replicated by many people and thus the company needs to address the problem fast..
before the word spreads, but mostly this would not be a problem for the users, as they are very faithful to the company and would take this in their stride and keep smiling...
Fenix likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

DrainBamaged is Notable
Guys please!
"You are scrolling it wrong!"

cooldude007 likes this.
DrainBamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12   #8
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Iphone 5 used a different in cell touch screen as compared to the previous generations. So it could all be due to calibration reason . Nothing is going right for Apple at this time and yes for such issues Tim Cook would be the one to be blamed ,reason being as he is at the top most level of the food chain and driving the whole company . PS:I have had all the iphones except for the iphone 5.
Old 11-11-12   #9
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Yes, I can replicate it... Yes, you need to swipe madly across the screen to get this, No... not a hardware bug.

The screen is still tracking your finger, but not registering it with software? Reason I say this is because you can use another finger and the screen reacts to it just fine but not the finger which was swiping away madly.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ See our team leader also says a part of the problem as being OK..
I am just pointing it out Kid0 not fighting..
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12   #11
teh nuB!
[E]onian
MsaNkadI VersiQkaN

msankadi is Notable
Originally Posted by DrainBamaged View Post
Guys please!
"You are scrolling it wrong!"

plus one

how come you call yourself an apple fan? you are not suppose to say such things in public in front of the Android fans... It makes our perfect less functional but perfect devices look bad at even doing that?