Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-09-17   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Anyone from Pune? Where Do You Get Your Stuff From?

Planning to build a new midrange gaming rig since old pc is dying(its a c2duo-about time for an upgrade...)
I checked a couple of shops around Tilak rd and I got offers that were similar to Amazons and in some cases even worse.
So do you guys know any hardware shops that will sell computer components at decent price? Or should I get them all online?

BTW is theitwares.com good? They seem to be selling ryzen 5 1600 for 16,600/- which I am interested in. Should I go ahead with the purchase?
Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-17   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian

manjeet is very Honorablemanjeet is very Honorable
Re: Anyone from Pune? Where Do You Get Your Stuff From?

Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
Planning to build a new midrange gaming rig since old pc is dying(its a c2duo-about time for an upgrade...)
I checked a couple of shops around Tilak rd and I got offers that were similar to Amazons and in some cases even worse.
So do you guys know any hardware shops that will sell computer components at decent price? Or should I get them all online?

BTW is theitwares.com good? They seem to be selling ryzen 5 1600 for 16,600/- which I am interested in. Should I go ahead with the purchase?
No idea about shops in Pune. There was Havok Nation, I'm not sure if they're still in business. And yes, IT Wares is trusted. Bought lot of things through their eBay listing. Nowadays, even prices online are better than what local retailers offers. So get a quote from everywhere and then decide what to order from whom.

manjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable

Problem is we don't have places with a lot of options like say Lamington Road. Not many people here deal in the latest hardware or some popular brands and even if they can get you what you want, they'll probably charge you a premium for it. Buying locally is supposed to be cheaper but I am not sure that's entirely applicable here. I could be very wrong though given I haven't bought anything locally for ages.

Anyway, there's Baba Computers on East Street that's supposed to be a decent along with a couple of others in the Camp area but I can't remember their names. Also, the dealer I used to buy hardware from before buying online can get whatever it is you want and his prices are reasonable. He has a shop called Softline Technologies in Wanowrie. Some family friends knew him so they recommended him. Used to deliver and assemble stuff before I paid him. Reliable, straight forward chap. Can get you his mob no. if you want.

If you're buying online, Itwares, Primeabgb, MDComputers, Overclockerszone (Tirupati Enterprises) are great options along with Amazon and eBay (sellers with good ratings). Shops like Itwares and Overclockerszone sell on eBay too so you could use discount coupons to further lower the price.
Submerged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17   #4
teh nuB!

Kaos is Mysterious

Originally Posted by manjeet View Post
No idea about shops in Pune. There was Havok Nation, I'm not sure if they're still in business. And yes, IT Wares is trusted. Bought lot of things through their eBay listing. Nowadays, even prices online are better than what local retailers offers. So get a quote from everywhere and then decide what to order from whom.

They are still in bussiness. They were my first choice since I had previously bought a psu and graphics card from them. Unfortunately, they seem to have switched exclusively to intel builds-I am looking for ryzen

Originally Posted by Submerged View Post
Problem is we don't have places with a lot of options like say Lamington Road. Not many people here deal in the latest hardware or some popular brands and even if they can get you what you want, they'll probably charge you a premium for it. Buying locally is supposed to be cheaper but I am not sure that's entirely applicable here. I could be very wrong though given I haven't bought anything locally for ages.

Anyway, there's Baba Computers on East Street that's supposed to be a decent along with a couple of others in the Camp area but I can't remember their names. Also, the dealer I used to buy hardware from before buying online can get whatever it is you want and his prices are reasonable. He has a shop called Softline Technologies in Wanowrie. Some family friends knew him so they recommended him. Used to deliver and assemble stuff before I paid him. Reliable, straight forward chap. Can get you his mob no. if you want.

If you're buying online, Itwares, Primeabgb, MDComputers, Overclockerszone (Tirupati Enterprises) are great options along with Amazon and eBay (sellers with good ratings). Shops like Itwares and Overclockerszone sell on eBay too so you could use discount coupons to further lower the price.
Looks like I might end up buying everything online. It's too much of hassle to check local shops...
Anyways, thanks for your help, guys.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Also has anyone ever ordered anything from newegg? How much did you end up paying for customs and shipping?
Old 28-09-17   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian

They are still in bussiness. They were my first choice since I had previously bought a psu and graphics card from them. Unfortunately, they seem to have switched exclusively to intel builds-I am looking for ryzen

Looks like I might end up buying everything online. It's too much of hassle to check local shops...
Anyways, thanks for your help, guys.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Also has anyone ever ordered anything from newegg? How much did you end up paying for customs and shipping?
I'd advice you to wait for around a week more. Coffee Lake is just around the corner.

Old 28-09-17   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Unless its really expensive stuff then no, I don't think its not worth it.

Eg. R5 1600 initially costs only 14,146 on Newegg:
https://www.newegg.com/global/in/Pro...-435-_-Product
But you wind up paying over 19K in the end after adding shipping and customs. Plus no Indian warranty so if you ever need to RMA it, that'll further add to the cost.

Whereas you can get the same chip for under 17K using an eBay coupon:
AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.6GHz Processor Socket AM4 95W ( YD1600BBAEBOX )

Now if you were buying a really expensive item like a GTX 1080 ti or something then yes, you can save a fair amount.

Last edited by Submerged; 30-09-17 at 10:47 PM.
Old 28-09-17   #7
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

im from Pune but dont usually shop locally as the prices are mostly high. best option is to go to mumbai or order it online through amazon.
avoid itwares.com as it installs some kind of miner in your system for crypto currency ( not sure if it was itwares or theitdepot )
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-17   #8
teh nuB!
His name was Geralt Of Rivia.

sushantade is Mysterious

I'm from Pune and I go to Lammington road mumbai. Prices are lot cheaper than online there that's for sure.
sushantade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-17   #9
teh nuB!

Kaos is Mysterious

Originally Posted by manjeet View Post
I'd advice you to wait for around a week more. Coffee Lake is just around the corner.

I know they are releasing on Oct 5 but how long until they hit Indian market? Also do you think it would cause a price drop in ryzen or older gen intel cpus? Again, how long until it affects the pricing here?

Originally Posted by invader View Post
im from Pune but dont usually shop locally as the prices are mostly high. best option is to go to mumbai or order it online through amazon.
avoid itwares.com as it installs some kind of miner in your system for crypto currency ( not sure if it was itwares or theitdepot )
Well, I am only ordering the cpu, not a completed build. So unless they somehow manage to ship the miner within the cpu microcode itself(that's actually a very scary thought btw) I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Originally Posted by sushantade View Post
I'm from Pune and I go to Lammington road mumbai. Prices are lot cheaper than online there that's for sure.
Are prices on, say, primeabgb website different from their local shop?
Old 29-09-17   #10
teh nuB!
His name was Geralt Of Rivia.

sushantade is Mysterious

I know they are releasing on Oct 5 but how long until they hit Indian market? Also do you think it would cause a price drop in ryzen or older gen intel cpus? Again, how long until it affects the pricing here?

Well, I am only ordering the cpu, not a completed build. So unless they somehow manage to ship the miner within the cpu microcode itself(that's actually a very scary thought btw) I don't think there is anything to worry about.

In usual cases, local shops have cheaper rates compared to PrimeABGB. PCGuide and computer selection are one of the reliable shops around.

sushantade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-17   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Originally Posted by invader View Post
Is that true? Do you know which one it is? Source? Rather worrying if that's the case. I have accessed both sites many times myself but never bought anything.
Pretty sure he meant if you accessed their website (Itwares/Itdepot whichever one it is). Would be rather hard to tamper with the cpu itself like that not to mention illegal and both sites sell legit goods as far as I know.

Last edited by Submerged; 29-09-17 at 08:36 PM.
Old 29-09-17   #12
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Nowadays most hardware are available in India as soon as they're launched. You should be able to grab it in couple of week time mostly.

Old 30-09-17   #13
teh nuB!

Kaos is Mysterious

Is that true? Do you know which one it is? Source? Rather worrying if that's the case. I have accessed both sites many times myself but never bought anything.

Pretty sure he meant if you accessed their website (Itwares/Itdepot whichever one it is). Would be rather hard to tamper with the cpu itself like that not to mention illegal and both sites sell legit goods as far as I know.
Haha...I totally missed that. I was just researching about how amd/intel shipped microcode updates since they were burned in at factory, when I read the reply. So that topic was fresh in my mind and made that jump
In fact, I was even going to include information how piratebay was testing a js miner on their site but was too lazy.
Somehow, it never occurred to me to connect it with itwares website itself \_(ツ)_/

Anyway, I use Noscript and ublock origin and only enable scripts that are actually needed. So I am not too worried.
I did check again in case they loaded any suspicious scripts and it doesn't seem so...

You can just clear the browser cache and it should take care of it. And use a adblock(most should have included the miner in their blocklist by now).
Old 30-09-17   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Haha...I totally missed that. I was just researching about how amd/intel shipped microcode updates since they were burned in at factory, when I read the reply. So that topic was fresh in my mind and made that jump
In fact, I was even going to include information how piratebay was testing a js miner on their site but was too lazy.
Somehow, it never occurred to me to connect it with itwares website itself \_(ツ)_/

Anyway, I use Noscript and ublock origin and only enable scripts that are actually needed. So I am not too worried.
I did check again in case they loaded any suspicious scripts and it doesn't seem so...

You can just clear the browser cache and it should take care of it. And use a adblock(most should have included the miner in their blocklist by now).
Lol happens to us all. Checked which site? Itwares or Itdepot?

Who doesn't use Adblock? I disable it for sensible, trusted sites though. Used to use NoScript in the past but it was kind of a pain setting it up for each site or enabling/disabling it temporarily ever so often so stopped using it.
Old 06-10-17   #15
teh nuB!

Kaos is Mysterious

Lol happens to us all. Checked which site? Itwares or Itdepot?

Who doesn't use Adblock? I disable it for sensible, trusted sites though. Used to use NoScript in the past but it was kind of a pain setting it up for each site or enabling/disabling it temporarily ever so often so stopped using it.
I checked both sites...didn't really find anything suspicious. Processor usage also remains really low/normal.

Anyway now that coffee lake processors have been released, anyone got a price-list? So far only primeabgb seems to have listed them on their site and half of them have "email for price"...
Post New Thread  Reply