Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-09-09   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Andrea Purifier Clears the Air with Houseplants

Andrea

Andrea Purifier Clears the Air with Houseplants

Device removes toxins from indoor air
Think that newly installed carpet is clean? Think again: potentially dangerous compounds are used in the production of carpet, paint, and upholstery -- and any ol' air purifier won't be able to catch 'em. The Andrea air purifier from Le Laboratoire does more than your run-of-the-mill number, which only grab allergens like dust and pollen, by using plants to remove chemicals like benzene and formaldehyde.

This isn't the first we've heard of the Bel-Air technology used in Andrea purifiers; the filtration system won a 2008 Invention Award, but was only in the prototype stage at the time.

Together with French designer Mathieu Lehanneur, Harvard professor David Edwards has created a home air purification system that takes advantage of plants' own internal, natural filtration. Fans inside the Andrea move air through the leaves, roots and soil; though the roots are capable of capturing more toxins than either the leaves or soil. After air has been pulled and pushed through the system through a vent on the side.

Early tests showed the system reduced the formaldehyde concentration in a room by 80 percent in one hour. What's more, the system will work with any houseplant; though there are some that are better filtration agents than others. Peace lilies, spider plants, and aloe vera are particularly effective.

Source: Andrea Purifier Clears the Air with Houseplants | Popular Science
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-09   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Andrea Purifier Clears the Air with Houseplants

I want this, I love such kind of Green environment gadgets...

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-09   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

I honestly need such a device. $$$ anyone?
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-09   #4
teh Paint Whisperer!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Whispering to my i20

sohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Great

I need this - Urine Powered Batteries - Gadget Lounge

@vijay - Great gadget!? mate!
Originally Posted by Chief-Techie View Post
Karan was in his Fantasy World Dreaming Adi Wearing a Red Dress & then Sending a Red Hot Msg

sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-09   #5
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
my status is single!!

Virus.exe is Notable

Err, how many of these do I need to clean my house??
Virus.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-09   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ It is not yuor house, just iagine if it was switched on in your bedroom and you get to sleep in 8 hours. Wow that would sure make us better.
When will see the light of the day. it is such an amazing peice of tech, I again say. I want this.
the betterment for an asthama patient or patients with respiratory diseases will be tremendous. such an important news Vijay has put up and only 4 intelligent people replied ! SAD.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-09   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

This is great.. the lucky bamboo on my desk is doing its job for now though. Although I dont have carpets and possibly the only thing thats toxic is like.. um.. my pc ( like if the case is going to rust or something ) Might decide to get more plants for my room but my curtains are closed most of the time, but my plant is surviving
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply