Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 13-07-08   #1
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
"AnarchoBlu"

My first and only mod (so far). Made a few months after my sixteenth birthday with cash gained from that wondrous event. I also make lamps from booze cans and bottles. Just thought that was an interesting snippet to share.
Anyway, back to topic. I also wanted to repaint the case, add filtered blowholes up top, and a custom cooling duct to the HDD. As you can imagine, it was a hit with the chicks and I got so absorbed trying to make my chances with that spectacular species that I forgot about completing the darn mod!
Ah well, my hole saw should be arriving soon, along with the balls I'll need to rip the poor faithful baby apart and cut her up some more.
She's 3 years old this July, and starting to show her age (a gaming rig that lasted this long requires me to offer thanks to that mega-hardware fiend - MaxeAxe, as I only got it together because of him). She needs a DDR2-compatible M/B + CPU + RAM and a new optical drive, but other than that, she's pretty set even today.

Okay Specs now.
CPU: 64bit S939 AMD Athlon X2 4200+ (Manchester)
Motherboard: ASUS A8N SLI - SE (Chip fan died but most hardware forums claim it happens often on this board and runs fine without it, and indeed it does)
RAM: 2x512MB Corsiar ValueSelects
HDD: Hitachi 160GB SATA II 7200rpm
GPU: XFX 7900GT 256MB (sometimes overclocked, sometimes stock, depends on my mood really)
SMPS & Case: Some Generic stuff, planned to mod the PSU but that never happened. I'm a teenager not a frigging Electrician. Case is what you see. Blue-light themed mode, with a rectangular window on the right and the 'A' symbol on the left. Incidentally, the 'A' is also my first initial (Angad), so that worked quite well with the Anarchy theme too. Helps when explaining the mod's theme to morons as well.
Mouse: Logitech G5 @ 500rps and all 5 dpi settings mapped to my specs.
Keyboard: Logitech Media keyboard. Sturdy keys, great for all night key smashing, neat media functionality keeps my sister happy, and its pretty nice overall.
Audio: Logitech Clearchat Stereo. Neat for Skype and MSN, but screws up on some servers in TF2. It may have something to do with ping, because i get no complaints on Stahub servers.
Monitor: Some crappy-ass chinese 19" LCD (widescreen) back in the days when they were damn expensive, so I didn't have much of a choice.

All hardware runs at stock settings, escept the GPU which I OC depending on my mood like I said before. As you can probably tell she was built on a budget so I skimped on some stuff. I suppose I'll keep adding as I see fit.

A fairly detailed worklog and pics are up on my blog at Working With My Hands

Pictures:
Left side panel after cutting:
100_1378.jpg
Interiors lit up:
100_1383.jpg
Angled shot of the left side lit up:
100_1387.jpg
Alternate CFL position on side panel, better light disribution:
100_1412.jpg
Right side window with Dremel MultiPro Cordless and battery pack:
panel-tools.jpg

That's all (Whew!).

UPDATE: This case is no longer being used. The components have been shifted to my HTPC and my new gaming rig is housed in a soon-to-be-modded HAF 932.

Last edited by stonedsurd; 19-12-08 at 06:06 PM.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-08   #2
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Re: "AnarchoBlu"

This is really Awesome .. Well done mate..Repped.
Old 13-07-08   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

looks damn neat.. surely got you a lot of compliments right..
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-08   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

ronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Great

awesome job thr.....
Old 13-07-08   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian
iServicing

Ank1t is highly AdmirableAnk1t is highly AdmirableAnk1t is highly AdmirableAnk1t is highly AdmirableAnk1t is highly Admirable

Good job there man...neatly done
E6400 | Asus P5B Dlx WiFi| Sapphire X1950XT | | Transcend 1024X2MB 667Mhz | Arctic Freezer Pro | Rosewill RP-500 | Seagate 320GB+250GB 7200.10 | Creative Inspire M2600 | Samsung SH-S203 | Zebronics Peace | APC 650VA | Logitech Navigator KB | Gigabyte M6800
Asus 1005HA | iPhone 4 | Blackberry Bold 3 | Panasonic FZ18 | Moster Dr. Dre Beats Tour | Canon Rebel 450D /w Sigma 18-200mm & Canon 50mm Prime
Ank1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-08   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

Good job mate .... nice to see the effort ...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-08   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian

broar94 is highly Admirablebroar94 is highly Admirablebroar94 is highly Admirablebroar94 is highly Admirablebroar94 is highly Admirablebroar94 is highly Admirable

Well done!!! All that ccfls going for a waste just for lighting up the symbol
Display: Samsung 933SN LCD
RAM: Transcend JetRam 2X1GB DDR2-800
HDD: SGT 7200.11 500GB + 7200.12 1TB + WD MyBook 500GB
Chassis: CM Elite 310
PSU: CM 460W
FireFox 3.5 rox
broar94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-08   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Jasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly AdmirableJasku is highly Admirable

Nice neat mod there Angad, and btw this is 'Big_J' from TF2, if ur able to recall!
i5 2500K+CM 212 Evo| Asus P8Z68V | G.skill Ripjaws 2x4 GB 1600Mhz | MSI 7970 | OCZ Agility 3 120GB+WD640GB+WD 1TB | Asus 22x DVD-RW+ Liteon 20x DVD-RW | Razer DA mouse + Titan Everglide pad | Logitech G15 V1 | Logitech z-2300THX | Dell 2408WFP | Corsair 750TX | CM690 Cabinet
Console- PS3 40GB
Jasku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-08   #9
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Good job there buddy.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-08   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

@ BROAR94: can you suggest some better use for the CCFLs? I was thinking about machining some raised "feet" for the case, and using ton of them for NFS-style under-body lighting!!

@Jasku: What's up man! Didn't know you were on [E] too.

Any more constructive comments (and of course compliments) will be appreciated.
Old 14-07-08   #11
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

I simply love this guy has cut he sheet ... its just so bloody brilliant ... that none of the metal actually gets cut off and it still gets that shape ... and imagine he did this when he was in 10th

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Ah ty Max, well I guess I learned from watching the master, eh?
Old 14-07-08   #13
Shock-N-Awe™
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

NashX is highly AdmirableNashX is highly AdmirableNashX is highly AdmirableNashX is highly AdmirableNashX is highly AdmirableNashX is highly Admirable

Bang up job Dude..
NashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-08   #14
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aargh.
I got the hole saw today and i tried a test run and it cuts metal very badly. So, I need a few questions answered.
1.) Is there a particular brand out there that's especially good for modding (I need to cut about 2-3 80mm holes)
2.) Should i be running the hole saws at low-torque/high-rpm (eg: on my dremel) or high-torque/low-rpm (eg: power drill)

Or any other advice regarding the cutting of smooth, well-shaped holes. I tried the cutting discs on the Dremel but it came out so spastic that I would hesitate before trying it again.
Old 15-07-08   #15
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

1 ... u need a power drill ...
2 .... it needs to be high RPM
3. .... yes there are particular brands n stuff ... you'll come to know when u see it .. also the depth needs to be good enough ... ask them for a holesaw that can cut through 2 to 4 mm of metal ...
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply