Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Closed/Completed Deals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 13-06-16   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

AMD FX8320 + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme + ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Expected Price (Rs): 13000
Item Condition: 4 out of 5
Purchase Date: July 2014
Remaining Warranty Period: 1 year for motherboard
Invoice Available?: Yes
Reason for Sale: Upgrading
Shipping from: Pune
Payment Options: Bank Transfer
Shipping Charges: Included in cost

Hi,

I want to sell my CPU + cooler + motherboard combo. There is more than one year warranty remaining on the motherboard. All products are in perfect working condition. I have also added extra heatsinks to the motherboard VRMs to improve overclocking. The CPU works 24 x 7 at 4.3 GHz, completely stable and without any cores getting throttled.

The heatsink is a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with AM3 mounting kit. I will be providing a Cicle 120 mm fan with it.

Only reason for 4/5 rating is that 2 pins of the CPU are stuck in the motherboard, so you may not be able to use the CPU with another motherboard. This does not affect its working in any way, please check the attached pics for a better idea of the issue.

Due to the above reason, I will not be selling the CPU and motherboard separately, please do not message me for separate prices.

Total combo price (CPU + cooler + motherboard) : Rs. 13000 shipped.

Pune buyers will be given preference. They may also check the system at my place.

Product links :

AMD AM3+ FX 8320 8 Core 3.5 GHz Piledriver Processor - Buy AMD AM3+ FX 8320 8 Core 3.5 GHz Piledriver Processor Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal
ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 MotherBoard - Buy ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 MotherBoard Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal
Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! Thermalright
Circle Stay Cool C-12 120mm Blue Led Case Cabinet Fan - Buy Circle Stay Cool C-12 120mm Blue Led Case Cabinet Fan Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal
Attached Thumbnails
>cpu_motherboard.jpg   >cooler_fan.jpg   >fx8320-hwmonitor.jpg   >cpu_pins.jpg   >motherboard_socket.jpg  

Last edited by arjuntare; 14-06-16 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Price and warranty change
Old 13-06-16   #2
teh nuB!

mkhackers is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 0 deals
Re: AMD FX8320 + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme + ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Interested in CPU cooler PM me.
Old 13-06-16   #3
teh nuB!

arjuntare is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 2 deals

Originally Posted by mkhackers View Post
Interested in CPU cooler PM me.
Sorry, but as I have mentioned, I want to sell the entire combo. In case I get a buyer for only the cpu+mobo, I will definitely contact you.
Old 13-06-16   #4
teh nuB!
"Got sumthin' that might

Merchant is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 6 deals

interested in mobo.. PM me ur expectations, i can wait till smone take the cpu..
Old 13-06-16   #5
teh nuB!

arjuntare is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
interested in mobo.. PM me ur expectations, i can wait till smone take the cpu..
Thanks for the offer, but I doubt the cpu will work without this motherboard due to the pins issue. If you are worried about the cpu working condition and hence just buying the mobo, I will provide you one month testing warranty, you may withhold a small payment until then. What say?
Old 13-06-16   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

redhotiron2004 is Notable

Would the manufacturer warranty be honored in a condition such as yours where the cpu is missing 2 pins and the motherboard is having those pins stuck into it.
As far as I know. It would void both motherboard and processor warranty as it would be counted as physical damage which is not covered by any manufacturer. Unless, I am missing the point here?

Old 13-06-16   #7
teh nuB!
"Got sumthin' that might

Merchant is Mysterious

Originally Posted by arjuntare View Post
Thanks for the offer, but I doubt the cpu will work without this motherboard due to the pins issue. If you are worried about the cpu working condition and hence just buying the mobo, I will provide you one month testing warranty, you may withhold a small payment until then. What say?
i'm damn sure dat the cpu can work on any mobo without those 2 broken pins dont know how bt one of mah frnz cpu is working perfectly with 10-12 broken pins, looks like all 942 pins are not responsible to run a cpu, also the broken pins are broken, no matter u let them live in the socket or remove 'em, the cpu gonna work anyway as they are no longer connected to the cpu.. BTW thanx for offer bt i'm only interested in the mobo cuz i already hav an athlon II x2 245 old mobo went kaput n now dont wanna spend too much on new mobo as its mah secondary pc..
Old 13-06-16   #8
teh nuB!

arjuntare is Mysterious

Originally Posted by redhotiron2004 View Post
Would the manufacturer warranty be honored in a condition such as yours where the cpu is missing 2 pins and the motherboard is having those pins stuck into it.
As far as I know. It would void both motherboard and processor warranty as it would be counted as physical damage which is not covered by any manufacturer. Unless, I am missing the point here?

The motherboard warranty will definitely be honored, as the pins are just stuck in the socket, can be removed. And even for the CPU, this should be considered a manufacturing defect and provided warranty, because physical damage would mean breaking it by accident, which is not the case here. I will check about this and let you know, in case you are interested in buying.

Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
i'm damn sure dat the cpu can work on any mobo without those 2 broken pins dont know how bt one of mah frnz cpu is working perfectly with 10-12 broken pins, looks like all 942 pins are not responsible to run a cpu, also the broken pins are broken, no matter u let them live in the socket or remove 'em, the cpu gonna work anyway as they are no longer connected to the cpu.. BTW thanx for offer bt i'm only interested in the mobo cuz i already hav an athlon II x2 245 old mobo went kaput n now dont wanna spend too much on new mobo as its mah secondary pc..
I thought the CPU was working because the pins were in contact with it once I placed it in the socket. Will try to take them out and see if it still works. And in case I can sell it separately, will let you know the mobo price.
Old 13-06-16   #9
teh nuB!
"Got sumthin' that might

Merchant is Mysterious

I thought the CPU was working because the pins were in contact with it once I placed it in the socket. Will try to take them out and see if it still works. And in case I can sell it separately, will let you know the mobo price.
gotcha bro.. i'm counting on u.. free bump..
Old 13-06-16   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

redhotiron2004 is Notable

The motherboard warranty will definitely be honored, as the pins are just stuck in the socket, can be removed. And even for the CPU, this should be considered a manufacturing defect and provided warranty, because physical damage would mean breaking it by accident, which is not the case here. I will check about this and let you know, in case you are interested in buying.

He is right. Most of the pins are actually redundant. Which means that the cpu can work even without them. Sometimes those pins are at places which control the rams,pcie lanes and other instruction sets. Which might render those features useless without taking out the ability to start the system.

I dont know to what extent your cpu have become handicapped or you might be lucky if those pins are one of the redundant ones.

In any case. Whether the pin loss occurred due to negligence or carelessness. It would still be considered as physical damage.

The manufacturer warranty only covers manufacturing defects. Sometimes some other flaws that came afterwards like in design etc might get covered. But, its highly unlikely as I have not heard anything regarding that as far as this particular chip is considered.

In all wisdom, I would not consider that cpu in warranty. Even though the motherboard can be made to be in warranty after removing those pins carefully.
In case you are confident that cpu would be covered. I would urge you to either clarify from AMD by sending them an email or present any point in there terms and conditions that would make it possible to get warramty availed for those broken pins. As I am sure nobody would like to buy a cpu with broken pins that is still in warranty. They would definately avail the warranty and get a properly working chip.

Old 14-06-16   #11
teh nuB!

arjuntare is Mysterious

You are correct, checked here - https://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/pib/step2 Edited the main post accordingly.

Price reduced to 13000 shipped.
Old 13-07-16   #12
teh nuB!
Uno

colin7771 is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 14 deals

Looking only for cpu and mbo ... still available? What will be the price?