Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 5 Days Ago   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Amazon Seller Has Me Tearing My Hair

I needed several pairs of encoder and decoder ICs (chips) for my work in electronics. Thinking that Amazon would be the quickest source, I found a seller who listed them as a pair but gave the quantity as 5 pcs. If the price was for 5 pairs, it would be less than half that of most other Amazon sellers. So I sent a message to the seller asking -

"The listing seems to be for ht12e/ht12d pair but the number of pieces is said to be 5. Does this mean that the price is for 5 pairs?"

The reply: "Yes its for 5 pcs"

I asked again: "I meant is it 5 ICs or 5 PAIRS (total 10 ICs)?"

The reply: "Yes"
Pimpom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Amazon Seller Has Me Tearing My Hair

If its listed as a pair and there's 5 of them, then it has to be 10 in total. Cause 5 in total doesn't make sense if its supposed to be a pair. And if you're actually sent only 5 in total, you can always send them back and show your conversation as proof that you were mislead into believing it was 10 overall.

Or maybe the seller's just trying to be funny given how people use 'Yes' to answer questions where you need to pick between two options. Not sure why someone would do that to a potential buyer though.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply