Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-03-10   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery
Alienware Will Be the 1st to Release Gaming Desktops Based on Intel's Six-Cores Proc.

Engadget & Hot Hardware:
We heard at Intel's GDC press event that Alienware would be one of the first PC manufacturers to ship systems with the newest six-core consumer processor, but neither company's representatives would confess to "when." Now, we've our answer... sort of. Hot Hardware has received a shiny new Alienware Area-51 ALX, complete with twin ATI Radeon HD 5970 GPUs, a self-contained LED system that stays lit even when the rig is unplugged (could be a great or awful thing, actually) and Intel's Core i7-980X Extreme Edition to boot. We're told that a full review is on the way, but in the meanwhile, you can hit the source link for a few more looks at this here monster -- you know you'll be ordering one in a few days, anyway.
...Not for us Indians though.

Check out the pics.

MSI Geforce GTX470 Twin Frozr II|BenQ G2420HD|Mcsft Reclusa|MX-518|NZXT Tempest EVO
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits|Logitech Z506|Philips Ear-Gear SHL5003
Android Handhelds: HTC Google Nexus One| Cyanogenmod7.1/MIUI 1.8.5 "Android 2.3.5" w/ 8gb SD|Dell Studio 15 Laptop
b00gieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed
Re: Alienware Will Be the 1st to Release Gaming Desktops Based on Intel's Six-Cores P

Origin'll also be doing the same
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

b00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famed
Re: Alienware Will Be the 1st to Release Gaming Desktops Based on Intel's Six-Cores P

^ Its gonna release the machines with 6 cores proccy OC'd @ 4.3Ghz as well..
Old 15-03-10   #4
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Originally Posted by b00gieMan View Post
^ Its gonna release the machines with 6 cores proccy OC'd @ 4.3Ghz as well..
so will origin ++ an option to factory OC it more
Old 15-03-10   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

b00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famed

By Its i meant Origin.. I was talking about Origins only.. Alienware's exact config / specs arent out yet.
Old 15-03-10   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Prebuilt 'gaming' desktops with ugly interiors and shoddy cabling. No thanks, I'll pass.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
<^.^>

Ritvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly Admirable

Half the fun in owning something this powerful is building it yourself. Have to agree with stoney on the interiors and the cabling too. What motherboard is that by the way?

OLD: JH13 Pro + Sennheiser HD 25-13 II - 600 Ohm (German made) w/DHC copper balanced + TF10Vi + RE-1 + MMDT + FA011 + MS-1 + EHHA + HRT MSII + RSA Mustang & Protector + Grado RS2 Vintage Moon Audio balanced
Ritvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

Probably an OEM motherboard - never seen anyone except Foxconn do a board with only 3 DIMM slots.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-10   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

As i said in the main Post.. (Not for us Indians).. we indians and perhaps even not all Americans go for these. They all wanan have a "Own Made" systems. These are just for ppl who like PC gaming and use it like for just gaming and order it from them. BTW, i wont really agree to Ugly looks.. but well.. depends on the taste..

I wouldnt buy Alienware ever.. mainly coz of its price.. otherwise i might think. Although i'd love to see Alienware LCDs, Keyboards, Mice, CPU Towers, etc in the market so that ppl like us can build our own systems.. our own Alien Ware systems.

That board is an OEM. Alienware never used branded Boards apart from Processors and GFX cards and Rams. Now that Alienware is a part of Dell, its gonna be using more of OEM stuffs. Dell too never manufacture their on mobos for laptops or Desktops. They use special OEM made for Dell by brands like Gateway, etc. The Dell laptops also dont have their own screens.. they use Samsung LCDs. Same goes for Desktop LCDs. Dell is just all about Housing a custom made premanufactured hardware and selling. Dell is just like any other Computer Dealer in the market who just buys the hardware individually from individual manufacturers and just Assemble and sell it. Just that Dell was lucky enough to go big and things worked out from his Garage where he used to take money in advance and then assemble systems for his clients.

Last edited by b00gieMan; 16-03-10 at 09:51 AM.
Old 16-03-10   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I totally agree, the biggest put off was seeing those cheap cables and 3 ram slots... they are fleecing the customers..
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Prebuilt 'gaming' desktops with ugly interiors and shoddy cabling. No thanks, I'll pass.
Nooby but rich brats order them, they are kinda sad systems.......
Originally Posted by b00gieMan View Post
As i said in the main Post.. (Not for us Indians).. we indians and perhaps even not all Americans go for these. They all wanan have a "Own Made" systems. These are just for ppl who like PC gaming and use it like for just gaming and order it from them. BTW, i wont really agree to Ugly looks.. but well.. depends on the taste..

I wouldnt buy Alienware ever.. mainly coz of its price.. otherwise i might think. Although i'd love to see Alienware LCDs, Keyboards, Mice, CPU Towers, etc in the market so that ppl like us can build our own systems.. our own Alien Ware systems.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-10   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

^ Not just that dude, you must open and see their Vostro, Inspiron, Precison series Desktops. Also some of the Laptops. You'll realise that you paid way too much for that Desktop.
Old 16-03-10   #12
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I think voodoo is better in that respect.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-10   #13
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Frankly if i had this much money to blow, i would've invested in a custom rig rather than this one. With the kind of rates they charge i would've been easily able to build two better rigs. And i see no point of having 3 graphic cards when right now i am happy with my integrated graphics, or 12 gb ddr3 and on and on and on
Old 16-03-10   #14
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

And i see no point of having 3 graphic cards when right now i am happy with my integrated graphics, or 12 gb ddr3 and on and on and on
You're missin the point completely ..

This is like premium stuff.. even though its not crazy-popular.. but it still sells (.. the rich brats, as manish said)

Sure you would be better off buying-assembling a much more powerful rig which would also be future-proof/upgradable.

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply