Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Broadband Discussions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-01-14   #1
Addict......
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

AIRTEL Changed My PLAN Without Approval

I was using Aitel Swift 999 (2Mbps/ 512kbps, 75GB FUP). Now without any request they have increased my rental from 1050 to Rs. 1350 (+Tax). It seems they are forcing all the retention plan users to pay more now..

I had the 999 plan (without FUP) but when they forced everybody to come under FUP & speed dips they offered me the plan. Now again they have increased the rental by Rs. 300/- after increasing it last year by Rs. 50/-

My total outgo after Tax would be close to Rs. 1500/- now.

Once again I had a heated argument with customer care & even retention team, but they are saying its due to TRAI notice which allows them to increase the rental without customer approval. I've asked them to send me the copy which I am sure will never get from them. Every time this is the same Modus Operandi where they give the excuse of TRAI notification & blaming TRAI for customers misfortune....

Anybody else had their plans changed like this..

Hell Is Empty........ Devils Are Here..
-
William Shakespeare

HailStonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-14   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: AIRTEL Changed My PLAN Withoug Approval.

I detest this Craptel !!
That is why I left them and would never go for them again..
I shifted to Reliance that is not trouble free but I pay 1099 for a 4 Mbps totally unlimited. !!!

Airtel = Craptel !

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-14   #3
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Welcome to Craptel/FailTel , Chortel or whatever names you can come up with.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

No option but to leave airtel.
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-14   #4
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Teh nuB!

LaZy PiRaTe is somewhat of a Mystery

Airtel=Craptel = Failtel

Worst company ever..

Chor hai saare k saare
LaZy PiRaTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-14   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian

hitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirable

oh.i've been using airtel for over 3 years now - i've never had a problem like this.my rental has never been increased without asking me.
also their service is quite reliable here in gurgaon.no disconnections or anything of the sort.

but seeing the responses here i'm a little confused - maybe their service is not so good in other parts of India.

i think a solution from your end could be to get your plan changed to something new and cheaper if this price doesnt suit you.the one which has 1 mb / 256 kbps with 50 gb limit might suit your budget better.

thats all i can suggest .
otherwise you might as well consider going for other ISPs which can give cheaper options.
Old 23-01-14   #6
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Teh nuB!

Originally Posted by hitman02in View Post
oh.i've been using airtel for over 3 years now - i've never had a problem like this.my rental has never been increased without asking me.
also their service is quite reliable here in gurgaon.no disconnections or anything of the sort.

but seeing the responses here i'm a little confused - maybe their service is not so good in other parts of India.

i think a solution from your end could be to get your plan changed to something new and cheaper if this price doesnt suit you.the one which has 1 mb / 256 kbps with 50 gb limit might suit your budget better.

otherwise you might as well consider going for other ISPs which can give cheaper options.
What is this plan ? i didn't find on airtel
Old 23-01-14   #7
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Airtel users face problem in Mumbai,Delhi,Bangalore,Lucknow,Chandigarh,Kolkata, Chennal,hyderabad,Kochi,Trivendrum.

So if their service is shit everywhere , where are they good ?

I think you have been just plain lucky.

90% users face problems,you are in the 10%.
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-14   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian

hitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirablehitman02in is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by LaZy PiRaTe View Post
What is this plan ? i didn't find on airtel
i was using this plan a few months ago before i upgraded to my current plan.im not sure if its there now or not. you have to check on the airtel website i guess.

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
Airtel users face problem in Mumbai,Delhi,Bangalore,Lucknow,Chandigarh,Kolkata, Chennal,hyderabad,Kochi,Trivendrum. So if their service is shit everywhere , where are they good ? I think you have been just plain lucky. 90% users face problems,you are in the 10%.
well i find that 10% figure a little exaggerated many friends of mine are also using airtel. and not just local friends but people from other cities too specially chandigarh. it probably depends on the point of reference.i think the main reason airtel gets a lot of hate is because of their stupid fup.and slightly high rates. as far as service goes - they seem to be pretty stable.
hitman02in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-14   #9
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Teh nuB!

i was using this plan a few months ago before i upgraded to my current plan.im not sure if its there now or not. you have to check on the airtel website i guess..

This plan is not there on website. That's why i asked you.
Old 27-01-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
d more I learn, d less I know.

mready2play is Mysterious

well i find that 10% figure a little exaggerated many friends of mine are also using airtel. and not just local friends but people from other cities too specially chandigarh. it probably depends on the point of reference.i think the main reason airtel gets a lot of hate is because of their stupid fup.and slightly high rates. as far as service goes - they seem to be pretty stable.
Yes service is good but airtel doesn't prices are not "slightly high" + their FUP limits are ridiculously low. I am stuck with airtel because in my area only airtel and bsnl are available.
ara: PC => Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, Socket 1155 LGA | motherboard : Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 | GPU : Sapphire HD 7870 XT With Boost (Tahiti LE) | PSU : Corsair tx v2 650W | case : Corsair Carbide 400R | Display : BenQ RL2450H RTS Gaming Monitor
Gear => Razer DeathAdder | Logitech G500 | CM Storm Inferno | SteelSeries QcK+ Limited Edition (Moon) | SteelSeries QcK heavy | Razer Goliathus Control Edition| steelseries siberia | audio technica AD300 | brainwavz m4
mready2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply