Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 07-04-12   #1
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
AI Around the Corner?

So, I just bumped into this video. Apparently, a scientist has invented a team of robots that can actually 'Learn' : These robots can intuitively learn how to balance themselves, and have even invented a language of their own. That's the first step towards creativity if you ask me.

Here's the video:

Project: reWenge
On Hold: Project: Flux

Last edited by vijayninel; 07-04-12 at 04:43 PM.
Xanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12   #2
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Re: AI Around the Corner?

Some amazing experiments and approach there. Lets see how this goes.
Old 07-04-12   #3
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great

See the entire documentary- there are robots that can paint and play jeopardy and even use human gestures!
Old 07-04-12   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
This is the start if Terminator era...
Beware...

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12   #5
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by Xanan View Post
See the entire documentary- there are robots that can paint and play jeopardy and even use human gestures!
I saw it. I have also seen and read about similar experiments in the past though those robots were not in humanoid form. Very few technical details are revealed in this documentary and I am skeptical of some of the claims. We do not know how 'controlled" these experiments were and how far these experiments will go.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

No need of being skeptic about this .. this is indeed true..
I would advise you to watch some tv too..
@Xanan................... where is the phone call I was going to receive??
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
I saw it. I have also seen and read about similar experiments in the past though those robots were not in humanoid form. Very few technical details are revealed in this documentary and I am skeptical of some of the claims. We do not know how 'controlled" these experiments were and how far these experiments will go.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12   #7
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
No need of being skeptic about this .. this is indeed true..
I am not saying that this is false but I think one should not misread or read too much into this as we do not know the full circumstances of these experiments. We have has such kind of learning robots with us in various forms since the early 90's.
Old 07-04-12   #8
Semper foo
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

WoW - can we donate for this project? Robots are so much required in society.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by SignOps View Post
can we donate for this project?
Yes. Sending you my Bank details thru PM now.
Old 08-04-12   #10
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

But yes, he was right about the fat that its very difficult to make robots in humanoid form which can even stand straight. Plus humanoid form robots are power guzzlers and the battery runs out very quickly. This is why most of the previous learning robots have been wheeled or like insect form.
Old 08-04-12   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

The judgement day is 21.12.21 .
T-31s will arise
BTW Nice video.
I have seen a video of some quadraptors are learning to move in different formations(like the stunt planes/jet fighters do in the air show) in CES.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12   #12
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Nice find there Xanan.

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
humanoid form robots are power guzzlers and the battery runs out very quickly.
Then I think its high time that some alternate form of portable power was found, maybe something on the terms of Battery shown in movie 'Knight & Day'. Small Size, Portable and Doesn't run dry easily. A Mega Duracell. As long as we have to plug in their chargers everyday, the Robot technology cannot take a practical usage form.
mohitgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12   #13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by mohitgamer View Post
Then I think its high time that some alternate form of portable power was found, maybe something on the terms of Battery shown in movie 'Knight & Day'. Small Size, Portable and Doesn't run dry easily. A Mega Duracell. As long as we have to plug in their chargers everyday, the Robot technology cannot take a practical usage form.
Talk science, not science fiction fantasy. How do you make such a power source?
Old 08-04-12   #14
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

Not saying such a technology exists But needs to be found/invented/discovered to bring Robots to practical usage in day to day life.
We might not even be able to experience it in our lifetime. As Xanan already said - these are the first steps. {Just my view on the topic.}
mohitgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12   #15
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great

@vijayninel

Electricity can be transferred wirelessly- the technology exists, its implementation is what remains

But yes, all these robots are not even close to being intelligent. They are merely the first step to getting there. However, I do not think that their intelligence will be in any way similar to ours, and nor does it need to be.
Human intelligence is characterized by intuition, drive and emotions and how our brain processes them is still not known clearly.
A robot may be able to create something unique someday, as was demonstrated by the painting and the language creation, but I doubt if it will have any of the other characteristics that define human intelligence.

Nonetheless, it is the first time a machine has created something without a set of specific instructions, and that is creativity at its most basic level.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply