Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Broadband Discussions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-11-13   #16
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery
Re: Affordable High Speed Internet,Now in MUMBAI !

Do they have cached servers for YouTube, Torrents, etc?

What's the ping like? What's the latency? How's the VOIP on it, how's online gaming?

Just giving ridiculous speeds wont make sense if it fails at other things. Have seen many such ISPs.

EDIT: Just was on call with them.. i wouldnt count a single nut on them.. the guy had no idea what he was talking about, asked him if it was 10 Megabytes or 10 Megabits, he was confused, asked him what's the download speed, he said 10Mbps, i asked him is it 10/8 = 1.25MBps and again he was confused, he doesnt know whats a cached server for youtube is.. he was half stoned i guess..

Here comes the shocking part, 1st call i made, they said NO.. Aapke area mein nahi hai.. (Mumbai, Andheri, 4 Bungalows and Juhu).

Called again, some other guy picked up, straight away asked for address as if he was deploying a team of commandos to install the connection.. Asked him i wanted to know about its connectivity in the area.. he then said yes, its available in Juhu and 4 Bungalows, Andheri.

Now here comes a bomb..

Website says 1500/- Installation, 601/- per month + 12.36% tax = 675/- permonth is what the website says. But, no, that's not the case. He said around 830/- per month for 10Mbps connection, he said 130 bux or something per month for "Maintenance". On asking he said "Kuch chota mota locha hoenga toh woh maintenance mein cover hoenga" and i was so freaking impressed by the accent.. Then i asked "what lochas do you cover" he said "koi wire kaat ke gaya toh woh sab problem will be taken care of".. then i asked if the connection was Fibre optics or RJ45, he said Fibre Optics.

Now i dont understand why are they having this insane stupid pricing + maintenance.. that's ridiculous, i said charge maintenance if problems occur, why charging everymonth, who's gonna cut fibre optic cable that often..

I srsly doubt about their service, its Humbug. According to them with maintenance and all, its 840bux or so per month and you'd get 10mbps download speeds so a 10mb file will be downloaded in 1 second and no FUP on it and no site no nothing is blocked.. Had a good laugh.. anybody else can try, if some good info, do share. But IMHO, let these kids pass, dont think they are genuine.

EDIT: He didnt even know if it was 10mbps or "Upto" 10mbps.. coz all these ISPs suck and loot all the customers by adding "Upto" so that when you complain about slow speeds, they'd say, "We already said its upto, you'll get when the server is not loaded" which is a total bullshit.
MSI Geforce GTX470 Twin Frozr II|BenQ G2420HD|Mcsft Reclusa|MX-518|NZXT Tempest EVO
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits|Logitech Z506|Philips Ear-Gear SHL5003
Android Handhelds: HTC Google Nexus One| Cyanogenmod7.1/MIUI 1.8.5 "Android 2.3.5" w/ 8gb SD|Dell Studio 15 Laptop

Last edited by b00gieMan; 16-11-13 at 04:58 PM.
b00gieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-13   #17
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

@b00gieMan why not just wait a bit before blasting them off? Half the ISPs will react in the same way to your questions..

Also i stay in the same area as you, and you might be knowing that 7star and hathway do not allow any other connections.. The 7star people destroy tata sky and other dth services and hathway people do the same with the internet, that is why most of the ISPs don't service this area.. Like joister, 5net,you broadband etc.. Since mtnl is phone line based, it's safe..

Anyways, just wait a bit for other people's feedbacks.

So you would've to pay 1500+ for a 2mbos connection rather than 830 for an "upto" 10mbps connection?

Sent Via Tapatalk 2 from my HTC DROID DNA
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-13   #18
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

b00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famed

Nopes, they dont reply same way to the questions asked, try calling other ISPs, i've tried with many ISPs @ Malad, Mira Road, Dahisar, etc for friends and relatives who moved in recently. They do know what they are talking about. You must have really got lucky with them if you got a good person over the phone, i called them 2wice, both times i got an idiot who knew nothing.

Just came here to post that my cousin from Juhu called them, even he doubts about their plans. Would certainly wait for some users who actually are on this connection. Where in 4 Bungalows are u?

Would i pay 1500+ for a 2Mbps than 830 for 10mbps? That's for you to answer, you think for urself if this even sounds logical lol. Am sure you too know how much do they charge for 10mbps on other ISP. It's not this cheap in Bangalore too!! (atleast last when i checked) lol
Old 16-11-13   #19
teh nuB!
Everybody Lies

ssbnasa is Notable

Originally Posted by b00gieMan View Post
Do they have cached servers for YouTube, Torrents, etc?

What's the ping like? What's the latency? How's the VOIP on it, how's online gaming?

Just giving ridiculous speeds wont make sense if it fails at other things. Have seen many such ISPs.

EDIT: Just was on call with them.. i wouldnt count a single nut on them.. the guy had no idea what he was talking about, asked him if it was 10 Megabytes or 10 Megabits, he was confused, asked him what's the download speed, he said 10Mbps, i asked him is it 10/8 = 1.25MBps and again he was confused, he doesnt know whats a cached server for youtube is.. he was half stoned i guess..

Here comes the shocking part, 1st call i made, they said NO.. Aapke area mein nahi hai.. (Mumbai, Andheri, 4 Bungalows and Juhu).

Called again, some other guy picked up, straight away asked for address as if he was deploying a team of commandos to install the connection.. Asked him i wanted to know about its connectivity in the area.. he then said yes, its available in Juhu and 4 Bungalows, Andheri.

Now here comes a bomb..

Website says 1500/- Installation, 601/- per month + 12.36% tax = 675/- permonth is what the website says. But, no, that's not the case. He said around 830/- per month for 10Mbps connection, he said 130 bux or something per month for "Maintenance". On asking he said "Kuch chota mota locha hoenga toh woh maintenance mein cover hoenga" and i was so freaking impressed by the accent.. Then i asked "what lochas do you cover" he said "koi wire kaat ke gaya toh woh sab problem will be taken care of".. then i asked if the connection was Fibre optics or RJ45, he said Fibre Optics.

Now i dont understand why are they having this insane stupid pricing + maintenance.. that's ridiculous, i said charge maintenance if problems occur, why charging everymonth, who's gonna cut fibre optic cable that often..

I srsly doubt about their service, its Humbug. According to them with maintenance and all, its 840bux or so per month and you'd get 10mbps download speeds so a 10mb file will be downloaded in 1 second and no FUP on it and no site no nothing is blocked.. Had a good laugh.. anybody else can try, if some good info, do share. But IMHO, let these kids pass, dont think they are genuine.

EDIT: He didnt even know if it was 10mbps or "Upto" 10mbps.. coz all these ISPs suck and loot all the customers by adding "Upto" so that when you complain about slow speeds, they'd say, "We already said its upto, you'll get when the server is not loaded" which is a total bullshit.
Same here, i too live in 4 bunglows, called them up in the afternoon asked them a few questions, although i was not convinced 100% but still there in nothing in giving them a chance. i'm already paying 1500 bucks for 2mbps, and i'll surely be more than happie in 840 bucks for a 10mbps connection.
And as rightly pointed out by @prateekS, its due to 7star & hathway only, that the good isps like 5net, you etc never serviced to our area, so imo let them have their time then only we can decide they are legit or not!
ssbnasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-13   #20
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

b00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famed

Originally Posted by ssbnasa View Post
Same here, i too live in 4 bunglows, called them up in the afternoon asked them a few questions, although i was not convinced 100% but still there in nothing in giving them a chance. i'm already paying 1500 bucks for 2mbps, and i'll surely be more than happie in 840 bucks for a 10mbps connection.
And as rightly pointed out by @prateekS, its due to 7star & hathway only, that the good isps like 5net, you etc never serviced to our area, so imo let them have their time then only we can decide they are legit or not!
Actually since you live in this area, you need to be aware.. its not Hathway or 7Star lol.. anyway no point in debating.. Really hope to see someone giving their feedback who are actually on this broadband.. even their site seems weird.
Old 16-11-13   #21
teh nuB!
Everybody Lies

ssbnasa is Notable

Actually since you live in this area, you need to be aware.. its not Hathway or 7Star lol.. its the middle man, coz in this area neither 7star nor hathway gives a direct connection.. its through a middle man
haha! true, thats why i use local cable net provided in my society, although 1500 for 2mbps is a bit more but i'm quite happie as i get stable pings.
btw where do u live here in four bunglows?
Old 16-11-13   #22
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

haha! true, thats why i use local cable net provided in my society, although 1500 for 2mbps is a bit more but i'm quite happie as i get stable pings.
btw where do u live here in four bunglows?
I have a connection from hathway and mtnl, no "middle man", but 7star has the same approach wherever they provide their services, I'm located opposite Zaf Club..

Old 16-11-13   #23
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

He didnt even know if it was 10mbps or "Upto" 10mbps.. coz all these ISPs suck and loot all the customers by adding "Upto" so that when you complain about slow speeds, they'd say, "We already said its upto, you'll get when the server is not loaded" which is a total bullshit.
They genrally dont do that anymore after enactment of the quality of Service of Broadband Service Regulations, 2006. The speed cannot drop below 80% of the advertised speed.
Old 16-11-13   #24
teh nuB!
Everybody Lies

ssbnasa is Notable

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
I have a connection from hathway and mtnl, no "middle man", but 7star has the same approach wherever they provide their services, I'm located opposite Zaf Club..

okay! i stay at Manish Nagar
here they provide pretty good & stable cable net services and that too from 7star xD
Old 16-11-13   #25
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

okay! i stay at Manish Nagar
here they provide pretty good & stable cable net services and that too from 7star xD
That area has the middleman.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Not aware of that area.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
They genrally dont do that anymore after enactment of the quality of Service of Broadband Service Regulations, 2006. The speed cannot drop below 80% of the advertised speed.
They still do that even today. Even hathway and other isp mentioned here by others do that.

Old 16-11-13   #26
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

That area has the middleman.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Not aware of that area.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

They still do that even today. Even hathway and other isp mentioned here by others do that.

Actually the services of hathway here in entire andheri west area are pretty good , i get 1.99 mbps on a 2mbps connection ...while i get 1.7-1.8 mbps average on MTNL connection.

Hathway services must be bad in rest of Mumbai , but since they are the only ones here , their service here in Andheri West is top notch !
Old 17-11-13   #27
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

Actually the services of hathway here in entire andheri west area are pretty good , i get 1.99 mbps on a 2mbps connection ...while i get 1.7-1.8 mbps average on MTNL connection.

Hathway services must be bad in rest of Mumbai , but since they are the only ones here , their service here in Andheri West is top notch !
My experience with hathway has been totally opposite. May be they improved recently..

Old 18-11-13   #28
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Eat, game, Sleep... Repeat!

pratzgh1 is Notable

I am dead sure these guys don't have a line in Navi Mumbai. But am really glad to see competition help us customers.
Old 18-11-13   #29
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

Another friend called today.. He's confused too.. They are constantly failing at convincing. Am really looking for customers who are in this network. Can't really find some feedbacks online either.

Old 18-11-13   #30
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

mod_to_odd is Mysterious

I have booked. Let's see. Have taken 20mbps plan. Mine should start after one week from submitting docs and cheque. Will report once it starts.
b00gieMan, prateekS and adityareds like this.
mod_to_odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply