Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-05-14   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

Aeronautical Engineering At Manipal University

Hi,
I am considering doing my Undergrad @MANIpal university. I'd like to major in the Aeronautical Engineering, I am creating this thread to recieve feedback on the campus,faculty and the course.

I'd also like to receive feedback on job opportunities related to the Aeronautical Engineering major.(I will be doing Masters and PhD from abroad, maybe in Rocket propulsion)

Also are there any good flight schools in the vicinity of the university,as I'd like to learn to fly, if thats not viable I'd like to know some good flying schools in or near Mumbai so that I can join them during my summer breaks.

Thank You.
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean9/pc/SEB47.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1301111051.png
SEB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-14   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
Re: Aeronautical Engineering At Manipal University

Bump!
Old 25-05-14   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

rahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirablerahulyo is highly Admirable

See this :- Human Resources, Business, Management and career questions blog.: Sikkim Manipal University- Distance Education exposed- may be involved in high degree scam
My PC :- Intel i5 3570K || Asus P8Z77-V Pro || Gskill Ripjaws X 12 Gb 1600Mhz || Thermalright Archon || Corsair TX 650M || 7950 Vepor X || Seagate 500Gb + WD 3TB || LG DVD RW || Dell U2515H || CM HAF 912 Adv. || XBOX 360 Controller || Logitech Z906 + Asus Xonar STX || DT770 Pro 80 Ohm || APC BR1000G-IN || LG Optimus G.

My Bike :- CBR 150R Green.
rahulyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-14   #4
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

MANIPAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy S5

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

And it is one of the best colleges out there. (at the moment).

There are no flight schools that I know of. Apart from that everything is fine.

You study well, and get the gpa required to sit for a placement programme, and do the exams and interviews well, and you will get a job.

Don't study, and you wint get one

Placements this year awesome compared to some of the other better colleges (apparently) out there..

VIT and srm get you mass placements in TCS and Infosys. MIT tries to get you a core job.

Apart from that life there is good.

MIT is located in Manipal, Udupi Karnataka.

Now inox has opened up, KFC and pizza Hut did last year. Apart from McDonald's everything else it there.

It's a college town. The town only has educational institutions.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Faculty is good, caring, but the thing. You got to study well yourself, faculty plays a minor part.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

600 acres I guess the campus is the campus size.. And there have been 2 new men's hostel blocks added..

As first years you'll get maybe 16th,17th,15th, 5th block hostels.

5th block is old but closer to academic buildings, others are newer blocks and are awesome, but are comparatively far.

Last edited by prateekS; 25-05-14 at 07:53 PM.
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-14   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
MANIPAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

And it is one of the best colleges out there. (at the moment).

There are no flight schools that I know of. Apart from that everything is fine.

You study well, and get the gas required to sit a placement programme, and do the exams and interviews well, and you will get a job.

Don't study, and you wint get one

Placements this year awesome compared to some of the other better colleges (apparently) out there..

VIT and srm get you mass placements in TCS and Infosys. MIT tries to get you a core job.

Apart from that life there is good.

MIT is located in Manipal, Udupi Karnataka.

Now inox has opened up, KFC and pizza Hut did last year. Apart from McDonald's everything else it there.

It's a college town. The town only has educational institutions.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Faculty is good, caring, but the thing. You got to study well yourself, faculty plays a minor part.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

600 acres I guess the campus is the campus size.. And there have been 2 new men's hostel blocks added..

As first years you'll get maybe 16th,17th,15th, 5th block hostels.

5th block is old but closer to academic buildings, others are newer blocks and are awesome, but are comparatively far.

Thank you, thats really helpful, it seems as if you attended college there.
Just a few more things, is the college well recognised by the international universities,I'd like to pursue a Masters and a Doctrate.
How is the internet there? Pings and stuff to Sg servers.Do people play DotA2 there? Also can I take my desktop there? I was thinking of building a mini Itx pc.

Thanks again. +Rep helpful reply.
Old 25-05-14   #6
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

It has tie ups with many universities, also has an ICAS program where you do half the course in india and half abroad.

Well the internet was bad a while ago. But now it seems to have improved and really depends on the block. People do play cs, dota and maybe dota 2,unsure about dota2 coz I don't

I'm not sure they'll allow the desktop. But once in second or third year you don't need to stay in the hostels anymore, if you don't want to. You can take a flat and have your PC there. And get an Airtel, bank or any other connection.

Pings around 70 ish to CSGO Singapore servers.

Regarding the foreign universities part, you will attend the counselling right?

You can go to the university main building, generally called the EDU building. And there is an office there for the foreign universities stuff.

P. S. You'll love the EDU building the first time you see it.

Has the biggest library in Asia, or so I heard.

And the 10th block is the biggest hostel in Asia too.

DC++ was the one thing missing, and that is now being setup.

Old 25-05-14   #7
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

srkmish is Notable

ah my 10 th block hostel. room 4175. those were the days. the lovely rainy weather

prateekS likes this.
Other - Sony HX20V, Sansa clip plus, Sansa E250
My Music- www.youtube.com/musiclover21187
My Photography- www.500px.com/srikantmishra
srkmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-14   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
It has tie ups with many universities, also has an ICAS program where you do half the course in india and half abroad.

Well the internet was bad a while ago. But now it seems to have improved and really depends on the block. People do play cs, dota and maybe dota 2,unsure about dota2 coz I don't

I'm not sure they'll allow the desktop. But once in second or third year you don't need to stay in the hostels anymore, if you don't want to. You can take a flat and have your PC there. And get an Airtel, bank or any other connection.

Pings around 70 ish to CSGO Singapore servers.

Regarding the foreign universities part, you will attend the counselling right?

You can go to the university main building, generally called the EDU building. And there is an office there for the foreign universities stuff.

P. S. You'll love the EDU building the first time you see it.

Has the biggest library in Asia, or so I heard.

And the 10th block is the biggest hostel in Asia too.

DC++ was the one thing missing, and that is now being setup.

Yes I will be attending the counseling, Manipal is a last resort for me as of yet, I'd like to try abroad first as I want to major in Energy Engineering and no college in India offers this course, also I hate the Indian education system that just wants you to memorize every minuet detail.
Good to hear about DC++, How is the grading system there?
Also, are the gyms there any good?

Thanks again
Old 26-05-14   #9
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

There is a gym in MIT that's free.

And there is another sports facility just outside college gate called M arena. Which is world class.

And that costs 10k per year and is worth it.

Post New Thread  Reply