Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-07-14   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
'Ache Din Aane Wale Hain' - Prices of Electronics to Go Up!

In his maiden budget today, with a view to boost consumption in the economy and not compromise on the government's tax collection, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has imposed an additional education cess and customs duty (by upto 10%) on imported electronic products to provide parity between domestically produced goods and imported goods. As a result expect prices of all gadgets As a result, the prices of smartphones, tablets, PCs will shoot up shortly.

On the brighter side India assembled/ manufactured computers and laptops will be getting exemptions on all inputs/components used in the manufacture of personal computers from 4 percent special additional duty (SAD). The only problem is that hardly anyone makes many computers or laptops in India.

Cathode ray TVs are used by weaker sections who cannot afford to buy more expensive flat panel TVs. FM has exempted colour picture tubes from basic customs duty to make cathode ray TVs cheaper.

LED/LCDs below 19 inches: to encourage production of LCD and LED TVs below 19 inches in India, FM proposed to reduce the basic customs duty on LCD and LED TV panels of below 19 inches from 10 percent to Nil. Also, to encourage manufacture of LCD and LED TV panels, FM proposed to exempt from basic customs duty specified inputs used in their manufacture.

E-book readers will no longer attract basic customs duty as against 7.5 per cent earlier but it may attract education cess now. The net result may be nil.

So its good news for you if you were planning to buy a CRT but be prepared to shell out more for your next imported smartphone or Laptop upgrade.
Old 10-07-14   #2
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great
Re: 'Ache Din Aane Wale Hain' - Prices of Electronics to Go Up!

But....all the reports said prices will go down...also saw a lot of posts saying "prices of shoes and electronics to go down"..
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable

just now i read here that price of E-book readers, Desktop, laptops and tablets are going to come down.

I thought really the price is going down, but from your thread only, i understand that only the price of electronics manufacture in India will be reduced.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

source
Cheaper
* CRT television
* LED/LCD TVs especially below 19 inch
* Footwear priced between Rs 500 to Rs 1,000 per pair
* Soaps
* E-book readers
* Desktop, laptops and tablets
* RO based water purifiers
* LED Lights, fixtures and lamps
* Pre forms of precious and semi-precious stones
* Sports gloves
* Branded petrol
* Matchbox
* Life micro insurance policies
* HIV/AIDS drugs and diagnostic kit
*DDT insecticides

Expensive
*Cigarettes
* Aerated drinks with sugar
* Pan masala
* Gutka and chewing tobacco
* Jarda scented tobacco
* Radio taxi
* Imported electronic products
* Portable X-ray machines
* Half cut/broken diamonds
Old 10-07-14   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
But....all the reports said prices will go down...also saw a lot of posts saying "prices of shoes and electronics to go down"..
The press wallas are a bit confused and just want to get news out ASAP. If you go into the details then you will find something different from the headlines.

The shoes thing (for shoes costing less than Rs 1000) is probably correct, but I dont think most of these changes will have much impact on the ground. A Shoes shopkeeper recently told me that their costs have gone up substantially ..so I doubt that they will pass on the minor (6% less duty) benefit to the consumer.
ManISinJpr likes this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian

MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable

my collegues whatsapp'd that Cigarettes prices to go up by 7 folds. but the actual the rise is about rs.2-3.

i wonder why liquor price has been reduced!!

any update on cost of new hatchback Car?

Last edited by MadDog; 10-07-14 at 11:08 PM.
MadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable

I read somewhere that under the 1997 agreement with WTO, India had exempted articles under ITA 1 from BCD. This was a total of 217 articles. However till now all the products/articles that came under ITA were granted exemption. So now the govt will still allow those 217 products/articles to be exempted from BCD but rest of the products will get charged with BCD when importing.

rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14   #7
Marun has a birthday
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Rig Gallery

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed

Ohh god!!! what the hell??? When is this $hit taking effect? I wanted to buy one AVR
Old 11-07-14   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

All Imported electronic items will be expensive from the date the finance bill is approved. !

These are the acche din that they promised. !

Wake up people !!

And the cigarettes have increased excise from 11% to 72%

Its hight time the people realize that they have voted for an incompetent govt !!!

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14   #9
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

A bit of bad news for small time websites (like Erodov) and app makers as well. The Finance Minister has proposed to reintroduce service tax on online and mobile advertisements.

“The negative list has been reviewed and service tax levied currently, on sale of space or time for advertisements in broadcast media, is being extended to cover such sales on other segments like online and mobile advertising,” Jaitley said in the Budget speech.

This means less income for websites and free mobile apps which rely on advertisements to sustain themselves. Maybe sites can compensate for this by increasing the number of ads.
Old 15-07-14   #10
Banned

hrithik is Notable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
A bit of bad news for small time websites (like Erodov) and app makers as well. The Finance Minister has proposed to reintroduce service tax on online and mobile advertisements.

“The negative list has been reviewed and service tax levied currently, on sale of space or time for advertisements in broadcast media, is being extended to cover such sales on other segments like online and mobile advertising,” Jaitley said in the Budget speech.

This means less income for websites and free mobile apps which rely on advertisements to sustain themselves. Maybe sites can compensate for this by increasing the number of ads.
You are right sir, in Guwahati Cigarette prices has gone high like Re.1 per Cigarette which are common like Flake, NavyCut, GoldFlake & GoldFlake King size & Classic this is the effect of Modi Sarkar.
They are doing this because they got absolute mojority otherwise they would not have done like this.
Yesterday my tanent who is a labor class man came from Bihar told me that he has paid Rs.54/- extra Rail Ticket of general class as he said before it was Rs.196 from Bihar to Guwahati & now Rs.250/- so the poor lower class is suffering & this is the effect of narendra modi
hrithik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-14   #11
teh nuB!

hotshot05 is Mysterious

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
All Imported electronic items will be expensive from the date the finance bill is approved. !

These are the acche din that they promised. !

Wake up people !!

Its hight time the people realize that they have voted for an incompetent govt !!!
The money retrieved from these gaxes will be used to bridge the fiscal deficit.
I think it is better to pay a bit more now rather than become a country like Greece where the banks become insolvent and many people lost a big part of their savings after the government went bankrupt.
hotshot05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-14   #12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by hotshot05 View Post
The money retrieved from these gaxes will be used to bridge the fiscal deficit.
I think it is better to pay a bit more now rather than become a country like Greece where the banks become insolvent and many people lost a big part of their savings after the government went bankrupt.
But they still havent bridged the deficit have they? We are all set to hit record deficits once again. And India banks are still in deep trouble. The rising NPA's are being evergreened for now, but finally they chickens will come home to roost (like in Greece).

What we need is a smaller govt, lower spending and not higher taxes. As Prashanth Perumal put it brilliantly Modi-nomics is Minimum action and maximum rhetoric - Modi-nomics: Minimum action, maximum rhetoric - Livemint
Old 17-07-14   #13
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr ♦ View Post
I never smoke
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply