Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 05-05-13   #1
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Acer, Yes Acer Launches One of The first New Designs for Windows 8

Yes the company which started the game of Windows 8 in a negative and not so positive comments by its CEO is pretty impressive in its product line for the same !!

The present one "Acer Aspire R7" is another ingenious piece of machinery !! and is utterly practial ( although t little bulky to carry around always )

But it is a stellar thng and a total redesign of the Laptop and tablet design features.. !!

Aspire R7 ($999.99):

Aspire R7, a revolutionary 15.6-inch notebook that will redefine the touch and type computing experience. Featuring a Full HD 1920◊1080 touch screen, the Acer R7 was made for the new computing lifestyle, which increasingly combines touching and typing. With a repositioned keyboard and a revolutionary ďEzel HingeĒ that moves the display forward and into different positions, the R7 makes the combination of touching the screen and using the keyboard more intuitive and natural. Its ergonomic design allows users to explore and determine their own preferred way to interact with technology.

A full HD 1920 x 1080 touchscreen display.
An Intel Core i5 processor.
6GB of memory.
A 500GB hard drive and 24GB SSD.
A full-size backlit keyboard.
Includes an HDMI port, SD card reader, 3 USB ports, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Also comes with a converter port supporting VGA, RJ45 and USB.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13   #2
Semper foo
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned
Re: Acer, Yes Acer Launches One of Th Efirst New Designs for Windows 8

Spot on!

People mostly don't carry a laptop that much. Just prop it on a table and use it. But its not so much useful for individual use.
But good to turn the laptop design on its head.
ManISinJpr likes this.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13   #3
TNT
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
:censored:

TNT is very Notable

That's a really innovative design by Acer. If the hinge is strong enough to sustain a few accidental drops on the floor, this product will help Microsoft sell its next operating system.

ManISinJpr likes this.
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13   #4
dattebayo!
Community Coordinator
Kaizoku Ou Ni Ore Wa Naru

Rig Gallery

Prash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly Famed

Nice ad and concept! At this price, seems like a decent package as well.
ManISinJpr likes this.

Guide to write an Article at [E]
(And win prizes !)

"Well done is better than well said"

Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

this is good. but 6GB of ram is overkill for this. personally i would have preferred one with an AMD APU specially since this is just a dual core i5 with hyper threading, and a heavily power optimised one at that :/

APUs would have made for a much more balanced system. I dont suppose people will be doing encoding and definitely not gaming on this, so the i5 is kinda useless just like the 6GB ram.
Old 05-05-13   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian
BBM on android ;)

aman360elite is very Respectfulaman360elite is very Respectful
Re: Acer, Yes Acer Launches One of The first New Designs for Windows 8

Whats the weight?

Acoustics - Logitech Z-2300

My Gaming Armor - Razer Deathadder 3500Dpi
Logitech G510
Siberia V2|Black and Gold

Mouse Glides on - Steel series Qck

HP G6 2005X
AMD A8 Quad Core 1.9Ghz |4GB 1600MHz|500GB HDD|1.5 Dual Graphics(7670M+7640G)
Mobile Devices-HTC ONE X Rooted[RUNNING ARHD 13.0]
aman360elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13   #7
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

prajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famed

this is real good.
gotta get me one of these.
ManISinJpr likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------
Home : Core i5 3470, Z77, 4x4 GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 400R
Travel & Work : Dell Latitude E6320

prajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Yes mate.. I a, not much online these days for some reasons, so if you find the rate and availability then inform me too.
I have some hungry people who are wanting this too

meanwhile lets all watch this superb one again with Tiesto !!
Originally Posted by prajith View Post
gotta get me one of these.
And the Acer Aspire P3 is a economic BOMB !!! read this..
In contrast to the Aspire R7, the P3 is basically a reworking of the Iconia W700 tablet from last year, only with a shell that makes the result very similar to Microsoft’s Surface Pro with its own variant of the Type Cover. There are a few immediately notable differences, however, like the standard 1366x768 resolution instead of 1080p—but thankfully the panel technology is still IPS. The Aspire P3 comes with either a Core i3 or i5 processor, 2GB or 4GB RAM, and a 60GB or 120GB SSD.

The weight of the tablet is 790g (1.74 lbs.) while the keyboard cover nearly doubles the total weight with an additional 600g (1.32 lbs.), so the whole tablet/Ultrabook ends up being somewhat heavy at 1.39kg (3.06 lbs.) The tablet portion measures 295.4mm x 190.7mm x 9.95mm (11.63” x 7.51” x 0.39”), and the keyboard cover is slightly wider and taller and adds another 9.8mm to the thickness. Other aspects include a 40Wh battery that’s good for up to six hours of battery life, 720p front-facing camera, 5MP rear-facing camera, 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, micro HDMI, and a single full-size USB 3.0 port.

The base model P3 is available immediately with an MSRP of $800, so again this is very much a Surface Pro alternative. I would assume the $800 model comes with a 60GB SSD, 2GB RAM, and a Core i3 CPU. Acer doesn’t list an MSRP for the higher spec model, but $1000+ would seem likely.
prajith likes this.
Old 06-05-13   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

prajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famed

at the equivalent price i might chose the surface pro.
the point is to avoid the second device altogether. Not counting the mobile phone which i intend to keep mobile, not a ginormous "get new pants with bigger pockets" phablet.
prajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

The Surface pro is the best choice but the problem is that MS is not launching it in India.. or when they would launch it..
the tiome would be of Surface pro 2 !! so we are a under weighted and non important country for them..
that can only mean that we get to shoose some other brands only.
Originally Posted by prajith View Post
at the equivalent price i might chose the surface pro.
Old 14-05-13   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
ROG is the only way to go

Rig Gallery

Heavenrider is very RespectfulHeavenrider is very Respectful

i got sold at "backlit keyboard"

This looks good, but yes HEFT seems like a real world issue

Heavenly Rider .... Ride along or Ride against , in the journey called life.. Ride on ... do not stop too long... enjoy and move along.. never stay too long.. for we are bound by time and tide ...that no Rider can hold on.....
Heavenrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply