Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-09-13   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Icon4 8pm to 8am Petrol Pump Curfew ?

Oil minister M Veerappa Moily said that the government planning to close all petrol pumps in India by 8 pm to 8am in order to save fuel and reduce our import bills. This in turn could help the battered rupee and current account deficit according to him.

I have a few thoughts on this but I would like to hear the thoughts of others before putting down my own. So please tell us what you think about this move and if it will help the economy in any way.
Old 02-09-13   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished
Re: 8pm to 8am Petrol Pump Curfew ?

Very good move. I support everything Congress does, they are the true savior of Indians. But I further propose a Ban on vehicles. Everybody should use Tongas, Bullock Carts and Bicycle. This should help with individual's health, environment and recover the battered rupee. Additionally we will be able to save on LPG, since Cow dung would be freely available on the road to pickup and use as fuel at home.
Harsh, Fenix, Techie#1 and 7 others like this.
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

This is a stupid idea !! thesee idiots are loosing their mental balance, if any was left.

they are not doing stuff for the economy but are using these ideas to instill more hate and fear from them.. ! in the minds of the people.. !

But this is an idea fortunately and I sure hope this does not see the day !!
Hitesh12 likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13   #4
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

LOL, ridiculous.
Sobirvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13   #5
teh zeuS!
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Best idea ever,i remember the Nirbhaya incident . Some moron minister or mp said that girls should not go outside their house after 7PM and that will prevent and decrease the cases of rape .
Old 02-09-13   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Now the PMO has come out and said that such proposals would or should be shot down and the oil minister is now saying that he was just sharing the idea as it came from the people !!

That is the lame useless people we have in power !
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13   #7
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Rig Gallery

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed

Next order: Jewellery Shops will remain closed 6 days a week!
Old 02-09-13   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Preposterous! Why don't they just go ahead and import oil from Iran in rupees for a change.

It isn't uncommon knowledge that the $ rates are how US meddles with the economies of developing countries to keep them in check. Its high time the government stops sucking up to them. You have got FDI right? What good was it without better policies?

NDA didn't care about UN sanctions when they tested nukes yet their government fell when the onion prices soared.
Now we have plethora of corruption and scandals, with inflation at all time high along with rupee at its weakest and abysmal industrial output. Is that the legacy this government of leading economists will leave us with?

FFS start up a dialog with China or Russia and send US lobbies a message. Increase grain prices for exports and protect your farmers. This food security bill won't by itself help anyone. The US can eat all the subsidized corn they want if they want to have all the oil they need. Friggin wimps.

I don't care about jewelry, but Diesel and petrol prices hurt. You ought to be promoting services and industry, not starving it.
thebanik, Harsh and Trump like this.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 02-09-13 at 01:42 PM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13   #9
teh geeK!

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

i havent been voting but this time i will vote for kejriwal ... let some educated person handle this
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13   #10
TNT
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
:censored:

TNT is very Notable

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
Preposterous! Why don't they just go ahead and import oil from Iran in rupees for a change.

It isn't uncommon knowledge that the $ rates are how US meddles with the economies of developing countries to keep them in check. Its high time the government stops sucking up to them.
. . . . .
Some high-level officers in the Government of India suggested importing petroleum from Iran in exchange for gold, in January of 2012. A few days later, US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton came to visit the Foreign Minister of Goverment of India. She reminded him of similar attempts by Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi in their respective countries. I don't know why, but afterwards everyone forgot about this idea.

TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13   #11
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by kartikoli View Post
i havent been voting but this time i will vote for kejriwal ... let some educated person handle this
Same thoughts here. By these stupid bills they are trying to win the poor, the minorities. And who is/will be bearing all the pressure of it all, Middle Class, why? Because they/we are not the vote banks. This time around I have pledged as well that I will Vote.
kartikoli likes this.
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply