Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Graphics Cards
Register Forgot Password?

Old 19-12-11   #91
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Re: 7000 Series Thread(News and Updates )

looks good.....NEED.....TO.......Resist..........

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-11   #92
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
Imported handset for sale

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

AMD Radeon HD 7970 Could Be Up to 60% Faster than Nvidia?s GTX 580 - Softpedia
syedthedevil and kartikoli like this.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-11   #93
Back to [E]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Rig Gallery

syedthedevil is extremely Renowned
syedthedevil is extremely Renownedsyedthedevil is extremely Renowned

^good work Some performance charts

from the charts looks more than 60%
kartikoli likes this.
im really not lying , i have hacked his wifi
Originally Posted by megan View Post
i just want to see if i can use his net in emergencies . i already have internet in my house
http://i53.tinypic.com/289bt5e.jpg
syedthedevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-11   #94
thebanik has a birthday
Staff
Staff

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

If true then exciting times ahead for sure,

Originally Posted by syedthedevil View Post
^good work Some performance charts

from the charts looks more than 60%
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-11   #95
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

So which would be a decent mid segment card to buy in the 7XXX series??? 7770?
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-11   #96
thebanik has a birthday
Staff
Staff

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
So which would be a decent mid segment card to buy in the 7XXX series??? 7770?
You will have to wait till Feb-March for even the announcement of mid segment cards......Real availability will be even later......
JD666 likes this.
Old 20-12-11   #97
teh geeK!

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

wow much more reason to be more excited
kartikoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-11   #98
Section Moderator
Community Moderator

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

A new series of pictures showcasing AMD’s next-generation Radeon HD 7970 graphics card were just published online presenting it in much more detail than before.

The images were posted on the Chinese Chiphell forum and present both the front as well as the back of the graphcis card, including the rear of its printed circuit board (PCB).

As those of you familiar with the Radeon HD 7970 will be quick to point out, the pictures provided seem to be consistent with the card depicted in the AMD presentations slides leaked to the web in these last few days.

What is strange however, is that unlike what we were told so far, the card seems to pack two 8-pin PCIe power connectors and not an 8-pin and a 6-pin as previously thought, but this could be just something AMD decide to include in its engineering samples.

For those of you in need of a quick refresher you should know that the Radeon HD 7970 is based on the Tahiti XT core.

According to a recent leak this GPU feature 32 Compute Units, for a total of 2048 streaming cores, 128 texture units, 32 ROPs and a 384-bit wide memory bus.

This will be connected to 3GB of GDDR VRAM working at 1.37GHz (5.5GHz effective), while the GPU will be clocked at 925MHz.

The load TDP of the Radeon HD 7970 is rated at 300W while the idle board power is rated at an incredibly low 3W thanks to AMD’s ZeroCore technology, which completely turns off the card when the system is in idle with the monitor shut down.

AMD’s Radeon HD 7970 is expected to be announced on December 22, with availability being scheduled for January of 2012.
New AMD Radeon HD 7970 Pictures Arrive - Softpedi

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

The leaked slides detailing AMD’s next-generation Radeon HD 7970 graphics card don’t seem to ever come to an end as recently the ones available so far have been joined by a series of new documents detailing the card’s performance in compute applications as well as some other details.

These new slides from AMD’s Radeon HD 7970 presentation deck were published by a user on the XtremeSystems forum which goes by the name of Vipeax.

One of the most interesting pieces of information uncovered by these new documents were found in a presentation slide entitled “Utilization and Efficiency,” which details the Radeon HD 7970 compute performance per square mm when compared to the HD 6970.

As one can clearly see from the pictures included bellow, in all the test scenarios run the HD 7970 came out on top, with differences varying between 1.5x in SHA56 and about 4.5x in an AES256 encryption benchmark.

The leaked AMD documents also come to detail a new anisotropic filtering algorithm that the company has included in the HD 7900 series GPUs and which it claims that can deliver improved image quality without any performance costs.

AMD’s Radeon HD 7970 is based on the Tahiti XT core which is built using the company’s new Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture designed specifically to improve the compute performance of its cards.
AMD Radeon HD 7970 Could Deliver Staggering Compute Performance - Softpedia
Old 21-12-11   #99
thebanik has a birthday
Staff
Staff

Rig Gallery

Cost-Effective Radeon HD 7900 PCB Already In The Works
A little earlier today, we showed you pictures of AMD's first Radeon HD 7900 series single-GPU PCB that makes use of digital-PWM power delivery. Some of the first batches of Radeon HD 7900 graphics cards will stick to that PCB and board design, as it's backed by AMD's engineering. Even as the SKU's launch is less than 24 hours away, there are pictures of AMD's cost-effective Radeon HD 7900 PCB surfacing on Asian media sites. Once ready, AMD add-in board partners can opt for this cost-effective PCB if they want to fine-tune their prices. It looks like AMD is ready well ahead to face competition from NVIDIA, with its GeForce Kepler 104 (GK104) GPU.

The cost-effective PCB, without any components laid, is pictured below. The first picture shows its obverse side, the second, its reverse side. The PCB is completely up to speed with everything Tahiti GPU will need. It has provision for two 8-pin PCIe power inputs, an 8+2 phase cost-effective analog VRM, probably driven by a cost-effective CHIL controller, and a different display output connector loadout. It has provision for two DVI, and one each of HDMI and full-size DisplayPort. Partners can still use a single DVI connector, and keep their cards single-slot capable. Provisions for 12 GDDR5 chips are right where they should be. There is nothing eventful in the reverse side, just traces for all the supportive components.
Source : Cost-Effective Radeon HD 7900 PCB Already In The Works | techPowerUp
JD666, syedthedevil and KrashNBurn like this.
Old 21-12-11   #100
Back to [E]
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Rig Gallery

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

AMD Radeon HD 7970 PCB Pictured Clear | techPowerUp
Old 22-12-11   #101
Section Moderator
Community Moderator

AMD Radeon HD 7970 Benchmarks Make Appearance, Easily Surpasses GTX 580 - Softpedia
Old 22-12-11   #102
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

Result out
http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-ra...7970-review/20
thebanik likes this.
Old 22-12-11   #103
Back to [E]
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Rig Gallery

The monster is out but i am disappointed , only 8-15% performance increase over 580, i expected more
Old 22-12-11   #104
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

i seriously don't get it...Wat do you expect with new architecture and product releases??
Old 22-12-11   #105
Back to [E]
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
i seriously don't get it...Wat do you expect with new architecture and product releases??
I am not denying that its a monster card and i am gonna get one soon , i expected something about atleast 20% due the fact thats its based on GCN architecture and 28nm, and those misleading charts which suggest 60% increase over 580. I totally over expected

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Btw what happened to liquid chamber cooling ??

Last edited by syedthedevil; 22-12-11 at 12:22 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply