Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Classifieds Wanted
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14-05-19  
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Vibhanshu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gwalior
Posts: 61
Vibhanshu is Notable
4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

4 or 8GB DDR4 PC4-21300 Laptop Ram in best price.
__________________
TechnidanLabs

Last edited by Vibhanshu; 14-05-19 at 08:32 PM.
Vibhanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #31
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
pchoudhary's Avatar

Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram


Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Yeah, but since this laptop has a weak 2200U processor so that much ram 4+16GB doesn't make sense, this processor is not suitable for gaming or video editing, while for a daily working laptop 8GB is sufficient that is why I don't want to go above 12GB.
@0razor1 I checked on ram sticker, it shows 21300.
@pchoudhary This is HP Ryzen 3 Laptop 2200U is processor..
On AMD website, it is mentioned 2400mhz supported by 2200U. How much speed your ram is actually working at ? It should be 1333mhz in CPU-z if working at 2666mhz.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Found this on hwbot

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Check this if first one is pixelated
pchoudhary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #32
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Vibhanshu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gwalior
Posts: 61
Vibhanshu is Notable
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

Originally Posted by pchoudhary View Post
On AMD website, it is mentioned 2400mhz supported by 2200U. How much speed your ram is actually working at ? It should be 1333mhz in CPU-z if working at 2666mhz.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Found this on hwbot

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Check this if first one is pixelated
This is what CPUZ shows to me.
Attached Thumbnails
>capture.png  
Vibhanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #33
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
pchoudhary's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1
pchoudhary is Mysterious
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
This is what CPUZ shows to me.
Your ram is Samsung 2666mhz but running at 2400mhz, is there any option to change ram speed in BIOS ? If no then you're fine with any 2400mhz ram which is single rank and has Samsung memory chips.
pchoudhary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #34
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Old hack of a CS 1.5 noob
 
 
0razor1's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 50
0razor1 is Notable
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

If not gaming or editing, then it makes no difference - 2400/2666
0razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #35
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Vibhanshu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gwalior
Posts: 61
Vibhanshu is Notable
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

@pchoudhary are you sure about this and why did HP did this to me? Is there any drawback of using higher speed ram than the one supported by proccy or motherboard? @0razor1 so is it safe to use different rams in the same laptop?
Vibhanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #36
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
pchoudhary's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1
pchoudhary is Mysterious
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
@pchoudhary are you sure about this and why did HP did this to me? Is there any drawback of using higher speed ram than the one supported by proccy or motherboard? @0razor1 so is it safe to use different rams in the same laptop?
I'm 100% sure of my words bro. You can use higher speed ram but it will only work at maximum speed supported by your CPU.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

You can use any 2400mhz, but it must be single rank only and its latency should match your installed ram. At last Samsung chips only. Never mix dual+single rank or different brand chips.
Your ram is 1Rx16
pchoudhary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #37
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Vibhanshu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gwalior
Posts: 61
Vibhanshu is Notable
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

Originally Posted by pchoudhary View Post
I'm 100% sure of my words bro. You can use higher speed ram but it will only work at maximum speed supported by your CPU.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

You can use any 2400mhz, but it must be single rank only and its latency should match your installed ram. At last Samsung chips only. Never mix dual+single rank or different brand chips.
That's very helpful. Will use this info to sort out best option from all the offers. Really thanx for your help
Vibhanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #38
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Old hack of a CS 1.5 noob
 
 
0razor1's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 50
0razor1 is Notable
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

Nah you can mix whatever you want.
I'll break this down:

DDR 3 kits
1. 2133 CL15/ 1866 CL 13 /1600 CL11
2. 1600 CL13

We've all seen these kits. The first is a better kit that can run at a higher frequency.
It will have many different timing and frequency straps below it's highest of 2133.
It can be single or dual rank. Generally, higher capacity chips are dual rank. I'm talking minimum 16 GB sticks in the day and age of DD4.
> You should avoid running single and dual rank together but at low frequencies of 2400 MHz, it doesn't matter.
> Different brands have little to do with anything at low speeds. AMD gets finicky at 2666+
>> This matters are high freq. only. A lot of things matter at high freq.
> If you mix Kit #1 and #2 together above, they will run at 1600 CL13, the timings of the lower quality/binned chip.
>> Invariably, all laptop 2400 RAM handles CL15 just fine and has a JDEC spec for it.
> My HP laptop (official) has provided one Samsung and one Hyundai - both have same RAM chips and subtimings. The finer things like traces and soldering quality etc. are very broad topics and will never affect a laptop with a 2200 AMD APU

Also to add, if your OEM gets 3000 MHz chips and fits them to a 2400 MHz laptop, rejoice
It will make no practical difference. They buy in bulk and at times 2666 may be more expensive than 2400 depending on the chip and quantity.
What DOES make a big impact is single channel vs dual channel - and in your case, you should def. put in a second RAM.
So from 2666 4GB you will go to like, 4800 (effective) 8GB. @ 2400 mhz/stick

Last edited by 0razor1; 30-05-19 at 05:32 PM.
0razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #39
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
Vibhanshu's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gwalior
Posts: 61
Vibhanshu is Notable
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

Originally Posted by 0razor1 View Post
Nah you can mix whatever you want.
I'll break this down:

DDR 3 kits
1. 2133 CL15/ 1866 CL 13 /1600 CL11
2. 1600 CL13

We've all seen these kits. The first is a better kit that can run at a higher frequency.
It will have many different timing and frequency straps below it's highest of 2133.
It can be single or dual rank. Generally, higher capacity chips are dual rank. I'm talking minimum 16 GB sticks in the day and age of DD4.
> You should avoid running single and dual rank together but at low frequencies of 2400 MHz, it doesn't matter.
> Different brands have little to do with anything at low speeds. AMD gets finicky at 2666+
>> This matters are high freq. only. A lot of things matter at high freq.
> If you mix Kit #1 and #2 together above, they will run at 1600 CL13, the timings of the lower quality/binned chip.
>> Invariably, all laptop 2400 RAM handles CL15 just fine and has a JDEC spec for it.
> My HP laptop (official) has provided one Samsung and one Hyundai - both have same RAM chips and subtimings. The finer things like traces and soldering quality etc. are very broad topics and will never affect a laptop with a 2200 AMD APU

Also to add, if your OEM gets 3000 MHz chips and fits them to a 2400 MHz laptop, rejoice
It will make no practical difference. They buy in bulk and at times 2666 may be more expensive than 2400 depending on the chip and quantity.
What DOES make a big impact is single channel vs dual channel - and in your case, you should def. put in a second RAM.
So from 2666 4GB you will go to like, 4800 (effective) 8GB. @ 2400 mhz/stick
So basically a 2400Mhz ram with same latency will not be an issue, right?
Vibhanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19   #40
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Old hack of a CS 1.5 noob
 
 
0razor1's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 50
0razor1 is Notable
Re: 4 or 8GB DDR4 Laptop Ram

Ji saab
Vibhanshu likes this.
0razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram 4gb Ddr4 Ram Laptop ayaskant123 Closed/Completed Deals 2 25-11-18 06:42 AM
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram DDR4 Laptop Ram chetansha Closed/Completed Deals 3 26-03-18 09:44 AM
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram WTB 8gb DDR4 laptop ram single stick prd Closed/Completed Deals 15 12-03-18 12:14 AM
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram WTB : Laptop DDR4 RAM 0razor1 Closed/Completed Deals 3 17-04-17 11:02 PM
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram DDR4 Laptop Ram adb005 Closed/Completed Deals 1 07-11-16 10:55 PM


Tags
8gb, ddr4, laptop, ram
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.