Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Closed/Completed Deals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 28-03-19  
teh nuB!
Old hack of a CS 1.5 noob

0razor1 is Notable
Bazaar Feedback : 64 deals
1x MSI 580 Armor 8GB - read notes

For Sale !
  • Expected Price: Rs 11,000 (Armour)
  • Source and Time of Purchase: Bought from a local shop in Jan 2018. Indian import (sticker for proof)
  • Reason for Sale: Helping a friend offload stock.
  • RMA/Servicing history: Never serviced/RMA'd to the best of my knowledge.
  • Product Condition: Last armor piece : 8/10 - it's running hot. Works perfectly fine - won't throttle below stock clocks, but indeed runs in the 80*C+ range.
  • Purchase Invoice Available: Yes
  • Company official Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: Yes - 20-21 months
  • Accessories Included: Original box, manual, CD, stickers, packaging, electrostatic shield.
  • Product Location: NOIDA, UP, 201301
  • Preferred Courier: Speedpost. Please, they're very reliable, and I use tamper-proof packaging. See my feedback - the rest is at your choice/risk - you know the drill. Insure at your cost.
  • Shipping Charges: Close = 200. Far = 400.
  • Payment Options: Cash, Bank transfer. UPI is <3

Click here to Send a Private Message to me and Buy.

Click here to view my iTrader Profile.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number here for your own safety.
Any phone numbers or e-mail addresses will be deleted

NOTE:
1. Bill added. Sorry for the poor quality, but I have the original PDFs. These are from ACRO, the national importer and official distributor of a ton of brands.
2. These were used in a video rendering farm. Sorry, I do not have proof. If they were used for mining you'd find tons of dust caked up on them. I assure you, the metal is shiny and I can't see obvious caking of dust.
3. I will GPU-Z and stress test on demand. Rest assured, the warranty is plenty.
4. These are not my GPUs.
5. KINDLY DIRECT ALL ENQUIRIES VIA PM/DM. Unless I have falsified some information here, do advise otherwise.
7. The 580 will approach the 1070 in perf in about a year's time. It's already exceeded the 1060.
Overclocking say a Gaming X 580 will give you about ~ 10% uplift, and it was just 23% slower than the 1070 on review (if the 1070 is 130% of the 580, the 580 is 77% of the 1070, basic math), many months back. LINK : https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...Mech_2/31.html

Since then, the AMD drivers have improved by leaps and bounds, and nVidia has launched a new architecture, thereby marking the end of active (motivated) development for the 1xxx series drivers, esp since their 2xxx are not doing very well commercially.

UPDATE 19th April: I have 1 armor and 4x gaming x left.
UPDATE 13th May: I have 1 armor left. This one is lightly used - in really good physical shape. Looks clean.
UPDATE 12th June The armor runs hot. However, it does not throttle in-game (check graphs and GPU-z max/min plots)
You can RMA at your convenience. I have been chronically ill of late and unable to venture out in this heat, so I cannot RMA. Yes, the warranty seal is intact. I can hook you up at the MSI service center who btw said they have buffer stock of the armor edition.4
UPDATE 13th June : I will be RMA'ing - the buyer from mumbai has paid token.
Attached Thumbnails
>all-boxes.jpg   >armor-front-ports.jpg   >armor-top-heatpipe.jpg   >armor-under-heatpipe.jpg   >armour-boxed-far.jpg  

>armour-import-sticker.jpg   >armour-rear-caps.jpg   >armour-rear-pcb.jpg   >armor-bill-censored.png  

Last edited by 0razor1; 1 Week Ago at 05:55 PM. Reason: Updating details on the last card.
Old 20-05-19   #31
teh nuB!

Re: 1x 580 Armor, 4x 580 Gaming X 8GB +BILL added

bump
Old 20-05-19   #32
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

mkmishra1997 is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 0 deals

I received the Gaming X today. The card appears bend and one of the fans cannot spin properly due to it touching the nearby surface

Old 20-05-19   #33
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

Brother full story required. This was the best of ten cards that I had.i had packed it more than adequately. Please post pics of
1. Packaging.
2. Product box.
3. Card.
4. Spinning / not spinning on loading.
Old 21-05-19   #34
teh nuB!

Sure. img_20190521_062040.jpgimg_20190521_061834.jpgimg_20190521_061806.jpgimg_20190521_060834.jpgimg_20190521_060825.jpgimg_20190521_060423.jpg

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #35
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

I have reached out to the buyer. We will try to resolve this since the card is not beyond recovery from what I see, but to make it very clear, once something leaves my house, it is not my responsibility. If you're concerned for your products, please come and pick it up, or pay for insured shipping. This is particularly true if you're living in the same city (not targeted at the buyer, but at everyone). My packaging is usually top class and accounts for possible mal-handling during transit.

Since the buyer doesn't have a machine to check out the card in (granted, bent, but not broken) - I will coordinate to straighten the card and see what's next. I will test it on my machine probably this Sunday if he can make it to my place, and at the very least, see if it needs RMA, and facilitate such a process since I have an MSI RMA center contact.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #36
teh nuB!

Well, isn't it seller's responsibility that the item is properly packed? There was no bubble wrap in the packing, just plain cellotaped old Amazon box. Considering that you charged Rs 150 shipping from me and through India Post tracking, I can clearly see that it costed you Rs 83 (Tariff), I suppose the rest of the money could have used in proper packing.screenshot_20190521-144431.jpg

LaxusDreyar and Vicky23 like this.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #37
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

One sec - where's the foam I used? The box was pretty solid when I packed it (360* with tape nonetheless.)

Also, regardless of actuals, I have to package the thing, and travel to the speedpost office. Also, in the middle of the night, so if you think 150 isn't fair, I'm sure you'd have objected sooner.

If you want to proceed with meeting on Sunday to rectify the card, let me know.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #38
teh nuB!

Hey man, I was even fine with you charging Rs 400 with good packaging and bubble wrap. A single foam sheet was present but afaik has very less impact absorption. The official Erodov packaging guide does recommend bubble wrap which I had originally expected. Also, as discussed over PM, you said that the card cannot be RMA'd due to it's bend tip and you are suggesting we fix the card using hardware tools like bench-vice and welding. I'm comfortable with neither of them. So, I can visit you this Sunday with the card and get a refund.

Vicky23 likes this.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #39
teh nuB!

Vicky23 is Mysterious

Originally Posted by 0razor1 View Post
I have reached out to the buyer. We will try to resolve this since the card is not beyond recovery from what I see, but to make it very clear, once something leaves my house, it is not my responsibility. If you're concerned for your products, please come and pick it up, or pay for insured shipping. This is particularly true if you're living in the same city (not targeted at the buyer, but at everyone). My packaging is usually top class and accounts for possible mal-handling during transit.

Since the buyer doesn't have a machine to check out the card in (granted, bent, but not broken) - I will coordinate to straighten the card and see what's next. I will test it on my machine probably this Sunday if he can make it to my place, and at the very least, see if it needs RMA, and facilitate such a process since I have an MSI RMA center contact.
Request the seller to post this clause in listing
"If you're concerned for your products, please come and pick it up. I am not responsible for packing quality or damaged item sent".
I did exactly what the seller told us. Bought a card from local erodov seller after thoroughly inspecting the card. And that local seller was genuine enough to suggest me which card to choose from his inventory.

Last edited by Vicky23; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:55 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #40
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

Hey man, I have no clue what you're smoking or what your beef is. Until this matter is resolved, can you refrain? If you don't want shipping risk make a 1 hour drive and pick up from the seller who happens to be in the vicinity. And who's to say only shipping is the problem here.. As I said, the buyer and I are going to work to resolve this Sunday. No point being a keyboard warrior and taking a vantage perch in this.
neversaydie5 likes this.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #41
teh nuB!

Vicky23 is Mysterious

Whoa calm down man. I just agreed 100% with your post and requested you to add the same in listing as it makes sense. I ain't smoking anything that makes me arrogant.
LaxusDreyar likes this.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #42
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

Originally Posted by Vicky23 View Post
Whoa calm down man. I just agreed 100% with your post and requested you to add the same in listing as it makes sense. I ain't smoking anything that makes me arrogant.
Feel like kicking myself. So sorry - I don't know what I was thinking - didn't even read past your suggested line in my sale post, got absolutely triggered!
Peace pipe, bruh! But I think I remember someone writing (can't find the text now) that let this be a lesson to not trust anyone blah blah...

However, the text you've asked me to write would mean I am absolutely unaccountable and insinuates I don't do my stuff well.
In this case, any number of layers of foam would not have spared the card from weight damage (seems like weight, not impact if it is indeed shipping damage) - foam doesn't fight back...

I have ~ 60 trades on record. I have never had a packing problem previously, even when I have shipped GPUS to remote areas south of Chennai and they've taken over a week to reach. So, this is a revelation.
While I haven't spelt it out as yet, this is considered common sense for anyone buying anything... insurance costs 5% of the product price.. and is a lengthy process of stitching a bag, sealing it with red wax and a stamp, and sending during business hours only (10-5) - all this costs extra... I'm sure everyone knows about insured post.. they can ask for it at the time of transacting and figure out the $$ equation.

Here is another sale thread of mine. I did make mention here - though I never have, previously.
Here's another one.

I sent a phone to the girlfriend along with the buyer's GPU, same date, same time.
To Australia. Reached today in perfect condition, and had a max of 2 cms packaging in any direction.
Uninsured. Inter-continent.

Because I know the guy who runs the speedpost gig in NOIDA as head of ops, and he has helped me in case of package trouble in the past (getting stuck, postman not delivering, customs, whatever it may be.)

So while I'm not changing my tune, I'll add a disclaimer for insurance for the uninitiated going forward.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #43
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

I am leaving for some work.
Buyer is uninterested in coming today.
Furthermore was bringing a +1 to my place and when I said no one else but you is invited, proceeded to come up with some last minute thing after keeping me hanging for 2 hours. And blocking me subsequently cause his DP has vanished and my last message didn't reach him.

Sensing that this is the end of the line with him, I have forwarded his details to necessary people who'll make life extremely difficult for him and his 'father's friend' who was accompanying him if he tries anything untowardly. Have the phone recording if required as tangible proof.

Anything anyone wants to discuss, speak to the mods.
I will not communicate about this May 2019 Erodov member who seems to have sabotaged my card more than anything else just to recover his 1k token money.
Let it become a legal matter

The offer to fix it is still open but only through the mail. There will be no face to face interaction.
Attached Thumbnails
>580-guy.png   >580-guy-2.png   >580-guy-3.png  
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #44
teh nuB!

I was waiting for you to finally reveal your true intention of harsassing me. First collecting my PAN card for "tax" purposes, then charging extra for shipping, not packaging correctly the card and finally when you want to setup a meeting, you are not allowing my Dad's driver to accompany with me. Fine, I get it. But, you should also note that only a fool would go to an unknown person's place in Noida alone considering the safety of people in that city. Not only that, you asked for parking the car away from your place. Let me make it clear, you clearly violated the rights of privacy if you have shared my details to other people. I wen to Nehru Place to get the card checked and ever shop including the MSI service center said, it is not repairable. So, I don't know what we're planning to do with the card and me being alone.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Good luck with scamming other people. Thanks for taking my 13k for nothing.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #45
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

Ridiculous. I sent you my location on my street not 50 m from my house. The road is dug up - fool. I myself have parked 150 meters away... Geez.
I take PAN cards for ALL transactions over 1K. Part of my IT audit. ... I asked you to cross out the card except for the card ID number.
Who stopped you from coming to my place to pick up the card in the first place??
I live in JALVAYU VIHAR. LOOK IT UP - calling it an 'unknown place'.
Your phone number is still not shared by me... what privacy rights violation are you talking about?

Next, you're new here, and I'm not. The only scam here is you trying to get someone over to my place.
Lastly, you were floating about Nehru Place instead of coming over, wow. So I'm sitting here waiting for you for hours.

I will send you back the profit margin of 1.5k on this card. Let's never see each other again.
If it wasn't abundantly clear, you could not RMA the card with visible deformity. You had to do that AFTER we straightened it. Can you not read/retain what you have read?
Also, look up rhetorical questions.