Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Broadband Discussions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-12-14   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
1000mbps Google Fibre May Come to India Soon

Internet giant Google is in talks with the IT Ministry to roll out 1000mbps high speed optical fibre-based broadband services as part of the Digital India programme. The connection plan will have no upload or download limits (FUP) and have free 1 TB online cloud storage. Google Fiber is up to 1000 times faster than broadband speeds currently offered in India.

According to the Hindu newspaper top officials in the IT Ministry, the discussions are at an initial stage. “We are keen to partner a company like Google in furthering the Digital India plan. Modalities have to be worked out,” the official said.

One of the key issues being discussed is whether Google can be allowed to do the project without having to acquire a telecom licence. Google is not keen on going through the process of taking a telecom license which is a major hassle in India. As such Google currently plans to roll out the fibre network only in a small area as a showcase project.

However big telecom companies such as Airtel and Reliance are said to be opposing the project. They apparently say that if Google wants to offer broadband here then they should take a telecom license like all other companies. Airtel and Reliance already offer broadband services in India though the speed is much lower.

Google has launched a similar programme in the US called Google Fiber where it provides broadband internet and television to a small area. The service was first introduced in Kansas City. The plans for these can be seen here https://fiber.google.com/cities/kansascity/plans/ In February 2014, Google announced that it had chosen another 34 cities as candidates for expansion.

When contacted, Google India spokesperson said that the company continuously engages with the Centre on various programmes. The spokesperson did not comment specifically on the fibre project. However, IT Ministry officials said that some experts from Google’s US operation are expected in India to evaluate the project.
ManISinJpr and paarkhi like this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-14   #2
xlr
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

xlr is Notable
Re: 1000mbps Google Fibre May Come to India Soon

i rly do not think google will be able to do their project in India because Indian Official Desnt care about Digitization they just care about their own pocket.

xlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-14   #3
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

I really dont think Airtel or the DOT will allow anyone to sell anything without FUP,coz that will just stop Airtel and the rest from looting Indian users as they have been so freely doing in the name of Broadband and FUPs.

Either this will killed before it is implemented,or they will charge a lot.
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-14   #4
teh nuB!
[E]onian
www.ramdevproducts.com

Baba Ramdev is Notable

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
I really dont think Airtel or the DOT will allow anyone to sell anything without FUP,coz that will just stop Airtel
Airtel is the inventor of FUP and FUP is an Indian invention, we should be proud of this.
Old 26-12-14   #5
xlr
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

xlr is Notable

Originally Posted by Baba Ramdev View Post
Airtel is the inventor of FUP and FUP is an Indian invention, we should be proud of this.
thats the reason India Will always be India. Always Behind on everything
xlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-14   #6
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Bring it ON !!!

Rig Gallery

saifbukhari is very Honorablesaifbukhari is very Honorable

with all the net neutrality hoola baloo going on, recently with airtel showing off bruises, its interesting how the GFibre fares - time will tell - heart says it should happen but mind says different story regarding sustainability
Old 27-12-14   #7
teh nuB!

hotshot05 is Mysterious

Airtel did not invent FUP. As far as I remember, Comcast (US) invented FUP and Airtel copied it. But I think Comcast had to withdraw FUP after sometime due to regulatory action.
hotshot05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-14   #8
teh zeuS!
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

I can see a boot in the face of craptel if Google accomplishes this feat her in India.
Old 27-12-14   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

This comment by BABAji sums it up quite well..
Airtel had donated huge amounts to the present Govt, so they will not let them allow google to offer broadband without the telecom license.. !
Not to forget the Current ruler of India, Ambani, through Jio services will want to control the internet.. He will never allow this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Technologic.

mostwanted2 is Notable

We should always hope for the best. I am ready to file petition for it. If google wanted to come to imdia. In our country we need to fight for our rights. Lets see if there will be any positive outcomes on this. I think Bjp wont miss such chance. Airtel has created monopoly in many states.

Sent From Samsung S5
Old 28-12-14   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

redhotiron2004 is Notable

Originally Posted by mostwanted2 View Post
We should always hope for the best. I am ready to file petition for it. If google wanted to come to imdia. In our country we need to fight for our rights. Lets see if there will be any positive outcomes on this. I think Bjp wont miss such chance. Airtel has created monopoly in many states.

Sent From Samsung S5
Petetion?! Are you serious?

I don't know whether something like that would even get through the Indian PIL court. As Google is a private company. Also, nobody have so much time to do that. Also, the big companies like airtel etc have got complete law houses working for them day and night.
You won't stand a chance even for a second.

ManISinJpr likes this.
redhotiron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-14   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Technologic.

mostwanted2 is Notable

Originally Posted by redhotiron2004 View Post
Petetion?! Are you serious?

I don't know whether something like that would even get through the Indian PIL court. As Google is a private company. Also, nobody have so much time to do that. Also, the big companies like airtel etc have got complete law houses working for them day and night.
You won't stand a chance even for a second.

Preciselly public interest letigation. I.e p.i.l in order to full fill what promised by bjp. Have you read article or new about digital india. Go read it. We can ask government to bring google and they are willing to come over here. We are a group and many are lawyers and they know better. We can do that. We dont need to think over it.
Thanks for comments.

Sent From Samsung S5
kartikoli likes this.
mostwanted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-14   #13
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Originally Posted by mostwanted2 View Post
Preciselly public interest letigation. I.e p.i.l in order to full fill what promised by bjp. Have you read article or new about digital india. Go read it. We can ask government to bring google and they are willing to come over here. We are a group and many are lawyers and they know better. We can do that. We dont need to think over it.
Thanks for comments.

Sent From Samsung S5
By new digital india nad BJP's emphasis on Technology ,they mean Reliance.
ManISinJpr likes this.
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-14   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Technologic.

mostwanted2 is Notable

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
By new digital india nad BJP's emphasis on Technology ,they mean Reliance.
And many more.

Sent From Samsung S5
mostwanted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-14   #15
teh geeK!

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

Really dont think its going to happen, Please dont dream of impossible (Pun intended)
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply